8 Things You Should Never Do When You’re Fighting With Your Best Friend

It’s not fun to fight with anyone, but it’s especially not fun to fight with your best friend. Your bestie is the person who’s supposed to be there for you no matter what. She’s the one you turn to when you need someone to cheer you up or calm you down or make you laugh or just when you’re bored and you need someone to hang out with. In fact, she’s the one you go to for advice when you’re fighting with your other friends.

This is why it can be so confusing to fight with a best friend – you don’t really know how to deal. When you’re both feeling upset, angry and hurt, you might both resort to doing things that you’ll regret when you guys make up and become besties again. I’ve gotten in a lot of fights with various best friends and they’ve all sucked. And sometimes, I’ll admit it, my actions were the things that made these fights even worse. I learned that when fighting with a BFF, there are some things you just can’t do… or it could end your friendship forever.

Are you fighting with a best friend right now? What is it about? Have you ever done any of these things when fighting with a best friend? What did I forget? Tell me in the comments.

7 tips on what to do when friends are talking about you

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

Posted in: Friends & Family
Tags: , ,

1. avatarAlivia says:

She acts like she doesn’t care and I’m tired of it

2. avatarasley says:

so i lied to my friend,abut something,and i alrdy told her the truth and now she still don’t want to talk to me,and my relationship with her is getting more distance,i need help

3. avatarAria says:

Ok, well, me and my best friend were supposed to go to the mall yesterday, but I had to cancel out on the last minute. I keep telling her in sorry, but she doesn’t listen, as always. Now, I’m usually an open book, so I told her the truth why I couldn’t go, which was because if her boyfriend. But for some reason, I really don’t feel like caring about where this fight is going any more. And I know it sounds selfish, but it’s true. And we always get into a stupid fight and in alway the one to apologize. It getting very annoying. And I know that for a fact, all my other close friends like her better than me. should I just stop hanging around that group or do something else? Please help.

4. avatarSylvia says:

I live 6,000 miles away from all my closest friends. The closest of my friends are K, A, and J, who happens to be A’s brother. While Skyping with K tonight I was texting J (this would normally be rude but K was doing the same thing). I asked her to interpret one of his texts because I couldn’t figure out what it meant and then she interpreted it as something flirty and asked if I like him. I said “nah” and she flipped out, saying that “nah” was a weak answer and that she could see it in my face that I was lying and that I’m going to ruin my friendships both with her and with A, and that she would not tolerate me putting A through the same thing that another previous friend had put her through. I tried to reassure her that there was nothing going on between J and myself, and that even if there were I would not act any differently than I already do, and I would not make my feelings known to anyone. I assured her that I would never do anything that might upset or be harmful either to her or especially A, but she wouldn’t listen. She is assuming that I’m going to be just like the previous friend and nothing I say will calm her down. I think she’s especially paranoid because I’m coming to visit them this summer for a youth conference and she thinks something might happen (it won’t). Now she’s acting self righteous and giving me cryptic messages then saying things like, “you just don’t get it”, yet she will not explain anything to me. She expects me to understand her no matter what, yet she won’t even give me a chance. This is not like her at all, but she has been extremely erratic for the past month or so and I’m afraid I’m losing my best friend. I don’t know what to do to get through to her and I feel sick about the whole thing. What do I do?

5. avatarThea Reilly says:

My best friend was hanging out with my other friend and didnt invite me and i got mad and now i dont know what to

• avatarrayane says:

hi my name is rayane she do not invite u not a problem in the end u are best friends and your friendship need more chance ….am i right?

6. avatarNicole says:

I’m fighting with my best friend right now and legit she did all of these things. It’s a stupid fight too and It’s our first… I don’t think were best friends anymore.

7. avatarAndrea Taylore says:

so my best friend is dating this guy hes my enemy!! i tried to keep it calm but i flipped out so i told her it was a jok!! it made me mad she kept it behind my back not tellig me is going overbored!! so thats my story

8. avatarJessica says:

Mine is really petty my best friend is a guy he’s upset because I said he was spoiled… We made up and he said we should be fine. Now a week later. I kinda made the impression I want to hang out on NYE hinting around we should go here ect I didn’t get a response…. So I texted his saying its only obvious were not going even if means hanging out with me…next I get a text saying I’m passive aggressive and I should of asked him first before giving him a guilt trip…I’m normally the one always apologizing. Should I just end our friendship

9. avatarstar says:

me and my best friend was working on a dance, and I gave her part of the dance to work on. she said it was okay and i choragraphy the other part, the next day she said she had already done her part and mine. so I told her she wasn’t supposed to do that, she got offended and that I was just trying to do all the work. I told her fine we’ll just do your dance ,but by then she said she was out of the dance. I tried to be the bigger person and apologize, but she wouldn’t respond to my text. what should I do I don’t want this dance to ruin our friendship.

10. avatarMolly says:

I stopped talking to my best friends for a week because I needed a break from them and now they think I was being rude and ignoring them what should I do?

11. avatarHailey says:

When me and my best friend fight, she does all of these things. It’s so annoying. I mean, I love the girl to death, but she really needs to learn how to talk it out.