What It’s Really Like To Crush On A Guy Who Has A Girlfriend, In GIFs

It’s happened to all of us at some point or another: you have a crush on a guy who already has a girlfriend. UGH. Knowing that you like someone who is already (probably) happily taken with someone else is one of the worst feelings ever. It’s like the world is playing a big trick on you: here’s this amazing dude you want to be with, but you can’t.

Crushing on someone who’s in a relationship is complicated. It leads to messy, emotional feelings and it basically just stinks. It’s enough to make you question all of your morals. So, here’s what it’s REALLY like to crush on a guy who has a girlfriend. I think most of you will appreciate this:

You spot this hot guy and you’re like: (mine gif finding nemo)

finding nemo gif

You spend days (maybe weeks) figuring out how to start a conversation with him.

thinking gif

You go out of your way to try to see him and talk to him.

stalking gif

Finally, IT HAPPENS.

lucy hale gif

He’s basically perfect and you’re pretty much in love.

in love gif

Until you find out… he has a girlfriend.

keri russel gif

How can the man of your dreams have a girlfriend already?!

crying gif

You tell yourself to stop thinking about him, but you can’t.

sad gif

So you decide it’s totally fine to like him as long as you don’t tell him.

shrug gif

But whenever you see him, you can’t help but flirt with him.

selena gomez gif

You start stalking his girlfriend on social media. What does he see in her?

avril lavigne

You wonder if you could break them up.

thinking gif

Then you feel bad for wondering that.

guilty gif

You complain to all of your friends until they’re like, “God, SHUT UP.”

roll eyes

People are like, “There are other fish in the sea,” and you’re just like, “But I want that one!”

iron man gif

Every time you see him, you feel happy and excited but also miserable because he’s taken.

emotions gif

You briefly consider telling him how you feel.

avril lavigne girlfriend gif

NO. You can’t do that! He doesn’t care!

no gif

So then your life is a series of endless questions. Should you wait around for him? Should you move on? Should you tell him you love him?

confused gif

Everything is confusing.

cat gif

Seeing them together is like being punched in the gut multiple times.

crying gif

You just want to be with him.

heartbroken gif

Life is not fair. :(

sad

Have you ever had a crush on someone who was already in a relationship? Did it feel like this? What did I miss? Tell me in the comments.

What it’s REALLY like when your boyfriend has a girl best friend

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

Posted in: Health, Sex & Relationships
Tags: , ,

1. Pingback: This Tattoo Artist Inspires Lots Of Beautiful Artwork You Must See. - Photos & CreativePhotos & Creative

2. Pingback: This Tattoo Artist's Surrealist Work Is So Beautiful It Belongs In A Museum | Sharing Interesting Stuff, Updates News & Free Tips

3. avatarAnonymous says:

Story of my life…sort of. I can’t believe I fell for him. Why did I had to get attracted to him the first day I met him at work. What is worse I thought he might have felt the same way. He would stare at me a lot and when I catch him he would turn away quickly. We started to talk to one another really fast and the more I got to know him the more “he is perfect!” Started to happen. This rarely happens to me. I don’t fall for someone or get attracted with someone like this and now here he comes to ruin my perfect single life. Haha, he is an amazing guy, but because he is, he has a girlfriend. I should have known. A guy like him can’t be single. I got my hopes too high when I talked to him at work or seeing him around….. He needs to not smile at me. That is literally a sucker punch at my gut especially now I know he has someone else. This really sucks. I have nothing against his girlfriend. She seems nice from what he told me. Heck even perfect from what he told me. He is perfect and she is perfect. A match made in heaven. He is happy with her and knew her for a long time. It is that best friends that fall for one another thing and I don’t want to mess with that. I am happy that he has a great relationship with another person. Just wish that I did not had to be attracted to him. Now, my mission, avoid him as much as possible. It will be easy. I get really busy at work more than he does, so there won’t be no problem. Just sucks to know the possibility to be with him was burned down to the ground. Now, I need to get over him.

4. avatarAllison says:

OH MY GOD IT’S SO ACCURATE I MIGHT CRY

5. avatarRen says:

This is so accurate that it hurts. I feel like you read my diary and I don’t even keep one. This guy was my very first friend in Elementary, but then he moved right before middle school started. We met again sophomore year in high school but I could never tell him I liked him in case it ruined our friendship. At the end of that school year, he got a girlfriend and I didn’t even know for a while since we don’t go to the same school. Even some of their close friends didn’t know. I lost my chance.

6. avatarMisspink somiya says:

Near not never ..it know not now ..;-)

7. avatarMisspink somiya says:

I not started first ..he crush on me.. so i too..he so cute and he is great dancer in my clog..even he stay never my house..he alwYs stare and flirted at me and i too ..we never talk.we just do stare flirt and bodylanguage..it goes 6months..it was so amazing movement of my life and i guess hes too..when i enter in clog his frindz looks at me like i m all his.. We do so studip things..but we never try to talk .coz we shy and scary..when i got news from my frindz that he has gf ..i totally brokedown..i cant even cry .my heart is still fill wid pains..and now we r in 1 year..and we still flirt eachother but i dont wanna come of them life ..coz i love him so much..and i think it will go like this never end..coz u now y it is my endless love..i love u ydnyesh..;-(

8. avatarMisspink somiya says:

9. avatarMimi says:

good to know i am not alone in this.had to search google for a solution.i am going crazy.this guy came to my store to get something for his girlfriend and i fell for him.we have been spending time together,i used to act like its okay he has a girlfriend until one night i told him how pained i am.he said its okay i asked what he wants,he said nothing that he likes me and we will know with time.i said okay.Hell no i want this guy right now,i cant wait a second.we have kissed a lot of times and i honestly want him.i am thinking of asking him tonight if there is any chance of him leaving his girlfriend and staying with me.will come back to update you guys.wish me luck

• avatarMimi says:

Okay like i promised to come back and update all of you.He was in my house we started with the foreplay and i knew we were about to do it so i stopped and asked him where is this relationship going,he reminded me we were not in a relationship and he also said HE CAN’T LEAVE HIS GIRLFRIEND.He said i should put myself in his girlfriends position that how will i feel if my boyfriend breaks up with me to date another chic.OUCH

Oh well i am happy he is not adding to my body count as i didn’t sleep with him.I am over him now and finally i am loving myself more. we deserve better ladies,this experience thought me we deserve more than being a guy’s second choice or booty call.I hope all of you can learn from me that its not worth it and move on without losing your dignity to these players.If you have to ask him ‘where is this going’ the answer is probably nowhere.respect yourself and move away from a guy that is not sure or doesn’t show he wants only you.Guys are hunters,they always know what they want from the beginning. smh. make that move now,not tomorrow.make the move this second. All the best.

10. avatarninalove says:

Dang this is so true! Story of my life.. theres a hot guy at my work and our schedule doesnt match up so i see him every two or one wk so hes super handsome every one thinks so hes 6’2 toned body and he wears nice colonge omg i get butterflies and nervous he is nice to every one but really nice to me and talks to me and is interested and i found out through otherpple he is taken ): in a long relationship how can i compete and his girlfriend is really ugly but he loves her i guess but i can openly say i think i fell in love with him or its the hugest crush in my life and he looks t me all the time so now im confused and i keep telling myself to keep it as friends and boom its starts to build like a fire that cant be put out its sucks ):

11. avatarBlanche says:

Honestly, I was having a crush on someone who doesn’t know me. We’re having a conversation through text only. He’s nice, smart, and he has a sense of humor. But sad to say, he already has a girlfriend. IT REALLY SUCKS!!!!

12. avatarjay says:

So what do I do tell him we cant be texting all days and that we cant be close anymore or just stop I seriously don’t know what to do

13. avatarMorgana5953 says:

He’s perfect. If he weren’t 14, I wouldn’t be so surprised that he’s got a girlfriend. But it’s okay. Nobody knew about my crush on him, I kept it 100% to myself, and now I’m working on what I originally had in mind: Just being friends. I see him every week or two with the exception of this coming summer as it is, so I feel like it’s worth it. I relate better to guys for some reason anyway.

14. avatarJenny says:

I have to say…thats pretty close to what’s going on with me.
    He is everything i want in a guy
    He’s smart, He’s funny, He’s good looking, and so nice
    He is so out of my league because he is a senior and a complete jock.
    He’s been with his girl friend for almost a year and he bought her a promise ring for their anniversary. He even showed it to our whole class.
    We are sort of friends but he is always so nice and it just makes me want what i can’t have. We only have one class together and i don’t know everything about him but i can help liking him as much as i do. I have tried so hard to let it go but he just starts smiling at me and being nice to me that i give into it again. :(

15. avatarAnonymous says:

I like this guy but he has a girlfriend…I try to give up but I can’t so I just zip my mouth and not tell him I like him but I also hope those two will have a happy ending..even though I can’t have him in the end, I wish him happiness

16. avatarMollie says:

I live an hour away from my Dad and so every 2 weeks I come up for the weekend to visit. Where my dad lives I belong to this musical theatre club and there’s this guy I’ve had a crush on for a while now. Just before the end of 2013 we had to prepare for this performance and I had to ballroom dance with him which is when I started to like him. When I got back to my Mum’s house I got a message from him saying he felt something between us when we were dancing and apparently he kept spamming my sister about him having a crush on me but the wifi in my house decided to break for the week so I couldn’t reply. When the wifi was fixed I went online to talk to him but I saw on a group conversation him seeking advice about him having a crush on someone else. He’s now in a relationship with a different girl and even though it only took a week for him to get over having a crush on me I still like him and I’ve never said. It’s really weird now too because we still have to dance together. Am I just plain stupid? Or should is this little pathetic tale justified?

17. avatarpumpkin125 says:

I like my boss and he is so cute and so sweet..we get along we laugh we joke a little flirting here and there so I gave him a Christmas gift a couple of weeks ago and i put a note in there to tell him what i actually thought about him, right! So-oo anyway the whole time he was flirting with me he has a girlfriend! He says we can be good friends but he can’t text me because of that…I am like danm! When I go to work and we see each other it is weird because we talk we still stare at each other it feels weird I think he is attracted to me but doesn’t know what to do about it. I am staying friend maybe i might get a chance later.

18. avatarrauna nanghama says:

you feel lonely ….u tell your self thing like ;;I swear no one else in my life only him or I wont date

19. avatarHadassah says:

It’s like you can actually feel your heart being ripped apart inside. :(

20. avatarJillian says:

I had a crush on a guy once that had a girlfriend. I wouldn’t say it was a serious crush, but I did like him. I was jealous when I found out he liked someone. Only I knew the girl and she’s really, really nice. So I felt I had no right to dislike her. Besides, he knew her long before he met me. And, by then, me being of fickle heart, someone else had already grabbed my attention.