The 10 Do’s And Don’ts Of Facebook Stalking Your Crush

Stalking – real life stalking, when you follow a person around or watch their every move – is bad. You should never do it because it’s creepy, it’s scary, it’s not good for you mentally and, oh yeah, it’s illegal. But Facebook stalking? It’s a much more harmless way of keeping tabs on a person without acting too crazy. In fact, some would even argue that Facebook stalking is perfectly acceptable because people make a Facebook so others will know more about their lives – why not take advantage of that?

I have admitted it before and I’ll admit it now: I’m a Facebook stalker. Yes, I FB stalk my crushes and my boyfriend (and maybe once in a while my ex-boyfriends), but I’m also not afraid to FB stalk my friends or my little sister and brother. I’m not really ashamed. We have all Facebook stalked – yes, even those people who might comment here saying it’s pathetic – at some point. It’s normal.

While it’s usually pretty harmless, Facebook stalking can get messy quickly. There are some things you just can’t do, you know? Don’t get weird with it. Here are the 10 do’s and don’ts of Facebook stalking your crush. Because if you’re going to do it, you might as well do it responsibly.

Do you ever Facebook stalk your crush? Have you ever done anything embarrassing when Facebook stalking? Tell us in the comments.

10 things you’re doing wrong on social media

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

Posted in: Love Advice
Tags: , ,

1. avatar anonymous says:

There’s this guy that goes to the same music club as me. He has similar interests (based on his Facebook account) and we’re both good at music. The more I think about it, the more I like him…. I know it is a typical teenage thing to feel this way, and it might be because I’ve never been in a proper relationship and I crave one….
    I spoke to him once after he played this piece of music at the end of the club in front of everyone, I asked him if the piece was what I thought it was and said that I play it too. Since then we haven’t spoken to each other. I know his name because of other people talking…. but I’m not sure he knows mine…. would it be weird if I were to add him on Facebook if he doesn’t even know my name? I’ve told no one about this silly crush, but it keeps distracting me…. help is greatly appreciated, thanks!

2. avatar Chris says:

Diane:
    We don’t all make fake FB profiles. Keep trying to make yourself feel better for being creepy. It’s creepy. Stop!

Secondly, stop being so timid. Be bold! Life is short.

If you know someone, don’t take this author’s advice. Ask them out to lunch, dinner, whatever.

Use some common sense folks! If a friend or acquaintance asks you out, you’re not going to over analyze the situation. You’re going to decide if you’re interested or not and say yes or no.

People like to play all these little games on social networks. It’s a waste of time. If that person isn’t in to you, move on. Relationships are complicated. Asking out your crush isn’t. You ask. They say yes or no.

3. avatar Taylor says:

I really like my friends brother. he barely even acknowledges me though :( should I add him on facebook or would it seem weird because we barely talk ?

4. avatar joyce says:

I like him so much..and im not scared to tell him that i like him.Im just scared on what he will say back :(
    i have a crush on you #fern

5. avatar Kait says:

So my friend took my phone while I was in the bathroom and liked all of my crushes pictures

6. avatar game cracks says:

I together with my friends happened to be analyzing the best items found on your site and so instantly developed a terrible feeling I never thanked the web site owner for those techniques. All the young men appeared to be certainly excited to read through all of them and already have in fact been enjoying these things. Thank you for indeed being indeed thoughtful and also for picking out this kind of decent useful guides most people are really wanting to know about. Our own honest apologies for not saying thanks to you sooner.

7. avatar Zeke says:

I have this crush in FB i saw her on her school fair with my friends. I didnt make a move which i really regret. How can i add her in FB? What if she says why’d u add me?

8. avatar Katies says:

What if we don’t even have any friends in common? LOL it sounds bad, but we have a college class together, but we came from two different schools

9. avatar Karen says:

This helps! Now I know what I should and shouldn’t do! But I kinda told him i like him, but he told one of my friends that he doesn’t like me back :’( What should I do now :/ ?

10. avatar Brandi says:

Yes, I have made fake profiles to stalk my crush. lol

• avatar Diane says:

I am sure we have all made fake profiles I don t think it is bad, you are not hurting any body. I did this too but I do not know how he knew it was me because he then made comments on his FB page and so did his friends as well as my co workers.

11. Pingback: Kourtney Kardashian Is Pregnant With Baby #3 And More Links!