10 Signs Your Boyfriend Has A Crush On His Girl Best Friend

Feelings of jealousy almost always go hand-in-hand with relationships, no matter how much you trust and love your boo. It happens, especially when your boyfriend has a lot of friends who are girls… and it happens even more when your boyfriend has a best friend who’s a girl.

We get a ton of questions from you guys on a daily basis about boyfriends who have BFFs who are girls. A lot of you are worried about one thing in particular: that he might have a secret crush on her. While it’s totally possible for your boyfriend to have a completely platonic relationship with his girl BFF, it’s also possible that he could be harboring a secret crush on her. But it can be difficult to tell the difference when you’re already feeling jealous and emotional, so that’s where I come in.

I’m not trying to make you guys nervous or freak you out – but if you feel like your boyfriend might be crushing on his best friend, there are some signs you can look out for it. I have personally been in this situation – one of the reasons I broke up with my ex is because he was emotionally cheating on me with his BFF. So, I’ve been there and I know what to watch out for. If you’re in the same sitch, read on to find out if your boyfriend is crushing on this girl… or if their friendship is totally innocent.

Are you dating a guy with a girl best friend? Do you think he likes her? Has a guy ever left you for his best friend? Do you think I’m right? Tell me in the comments.

10 signs your boyfriend is cheating on you

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

Posted in: Love Advice
Tags: , ,

1. avatar alison burt says:

my boyfriend or x boyfriend broke up with me the other day . we broke up twice 1st time because of him dating my friend 2nd time now is his excuse is that he found someone of his own kind . he said he loved me as so did i to him . He made me cry the first time . But im afraid to move on because a part of me doesnt want me to . But i want to find someone who cares for me treats me like im gold . my mom has always been in abusive realationships . My last boyfriends eitheir stalked me or attempted suicide because i broke up with them . what kind of mojo do i have . im only 16 . i want to find love one who will mean it when he looks me in the eyes when he says i love you. Should i just move on . i want a night and shinning armor . I look around and see all the other couples . i never fall in love i always thought i would never get my heart broke just like my mom did .

2. avatar Christina says:

my boyfriend and i have a child together now and have been together for almost two years. His best friend lives in Another state but thwy communicate on Facebook every once in a while. When im not around they spend 45 minutes on the phone together and he avoids my calls to.continue talking with her. He brags about how much they’ve been through and always sticks up for her end when i me a comment about them. im always just insecure and jealous he says but i feel as he secretly has a crush on her

3. avatar Ellen says:

When I met my boyfriend he said he was mostly friends with women. He has a BFF that is a female. I attempted to become friends with her as well but we never connected. When the both of them continued their friendship with no regard to how their behavior was perceived by others while I sat on the sideline I was done! I grew tired of their public display of affection and their private emotional attachment I confronted their behavior. Instead of his BFF understanding my position she became angry as if I was drawing them apart. Truth is I didn’t appreciate their total lack of respect. I s this sort of behavior wrong…yes! There is a difference between emotional cheating and being buddies. If it was nothing more than being friends why would she be angry and withdraw instead of discussing the matter. What I did by confronting the behavior put the relationship between her and my boyfriend into perspective.

4. avatar Fiona says:

Thanks. After reading this I feel better & I believe that my BF does not have a crush on his friend. My advice is just have 1 mtg with his best friend and then avoid her. Don’t let her win. Do voice your concerns initially. Find out what he thinks of her & you might find it’s really nothing to worry about. I said to him casually “I will give you a lift to her house” (because I was very jealous but didn’t tell him that). I met his friend, her boyfriend and her 3 kids. They seem to be just drinking buddies and he spends Friday night & Saturday with them. I only get 5 hours with my BF on a Sunday, that’s why I was unhappy. I had a wee drink with them & slept on their sofa. I got on well with her boyfriend and she ended up getting jealous as did my BF. But even after meeting, I don’t like her & I don’t want to meet her again. She sent me a friend request on facebk but I got more jealous and I asked him what was going on. I needed to know. He said she is more like a man. She doesn’t wear make up or even do her hair & he told me a lot about her so she is nothing like me. She is a bit of a loser. I hoped that he was friends with her BF & her kids but he said he doesn’t like them. He only likes her she is “sound”. He sometimes calls me by her name. I assertively remind him what my name is & he says sorry. I unfriended her on FB. He mentions her occasionally. He did cuddle & kiss me right in front of her & she just smiled at us. She did not seem jealous. She made a little effort, so did I but I decided I don’t want to be friends with her & I don’t want to talk about her and I don’t want her to know anything about me. They have history but I do hope that he will get bored with her & realise that I’m the 1 he loves. So I hope this helps some of you.

5. avatar annie says:

hi,
    I dated a man for two years, who had a female friend. They texted, they talked, they emailed each other. She lives in another province. They would visit when he went there. Well, he never told her we were together. He stated it would change their friendship, that it is difficult for men and women to just be friends, and that if he told her it would change their friendship. He also had a ex fiance who broke his heart. She tried to get back together with him. Near the end when they spoke I asked him did you tell her that you are involved with someone. He said no. His reason for neither knowing about me is that our relationship is private. At first I hung around and waited when I realized that it wasnt going to change, I distanced myself emotionally and physically. Now we are done. I should add though that I did meet his family and friends in our province. I am pretty sure that none of them knew about his communication with the other two important women of their lives. I know his family didnt know for sure. Did I make too much a big deal of this?

6. avatar Amy says:

Hi, I’ve been dating my boyfriend for about 10 months and things are starting to progress as he wants to move in together and I am open to it as I love him. I have a daughter and she is 7 y.o. and he is good with her.

Well we have been arguing lately as he has a girl best friend that I have only met once and that was by chance as she was in the same place we were. Two months ago we broke up and when I went to his house to talk to him, his best friends car was outside and I looked through the window and she wasn’t any where to be found and he always sleeps on his couch unless I am there and we sleep in his bed. As we were broke up I couldn’t really be mad but when I came in the house she was in his daughters room and never came out, so I went off and he swore up and down nothing happened between she was just there in his daughters room and he made up with me we got back together. I since have learned from his daughter that they have always had a weird relationship and no one really ever knew if anything happened between them but he did have feelings for her in the beginning of their friendship 10 years ago. I guess what I’m looking for is advice as I believe that he wants to keep us awary from each other but he claims she doesn’t want to be around as he had problems in a previous relationship due to their friendship. The story is consistent about them and I think he just doesn’t want to come clean and say he wanted her but she didn’t want him. What should I do??

7. avatar Carroline says:

Well I go to the same school as my boyfriend and he has a girl bestfriend that he’s of course realy close to , and the worse part is that me and his bestfriend completely hate eachother . She’s always hanging out with him and sometimes when she’s with him she looks at me in a type of way saying “haha I have ur boyfriend” and that tealy bothers me bc he won’t do anything about it all he tells me is “don’t worry babe she won’t do anything , I don’t like her ur the only gurl I love …” And blah blah , but the thing is he made me stop talking and hanging out with my best guy friend bc he completely hated him to but he won’t stop hanging out with her

8. avatar sally says:

My boyfriend has a best female friend that has a husband and they only talk on the odd occassion. Im always included if we go out as couples. he met them as a couple 20 years ago so really i cant complain, but its natural to get jelous and protect your man. We would only see them twice a year. Got rid of his other female that used to work with him! She was single and in his face all the time. Im not interested in putting up with shit in my life anymore.