Expectations Vs. Reality: Your First Kiss

If you’ve never kissed anyone before, the thought of a first kiss might seem a little magical, a little scary and definitely a lot exciting. Your very first kiss is always exciting and it’s always a little nerve-wracking (where do you put your tongue?!), but, um, it’s not always magical. In a lot of cases, it can end up being a little awkward, messy and sometimes even a major fail.

But it doesn’t even matter if your first kiss isn’t the kind of kiss you’d see in the movies, because you have plenty of time to get it right! Whether your first kiss is amazing or sort of bad, it’s something you’ll remember forever… and before it happens, it’s something you’ll always think about. So what is it going to be like? Here are expectations vs. reality for your first kiss.

How you think the boy you share a first kiss will look like.

zac efron gif

What he actually looks like.

38881-Andy-Samberg-The-Feels-gif-gjmc

What you think the background of your first kiss will be.

kissing gifs

What it actually is.

kissing gif

How you think you’ll look and act before.

kissing gifs

How you’ll actually look and act.

kissing gif

How you think he’ll act before the kiss.

How he’ll actually act.

kissing gif

How you think French kissing will feel for the first time.

kissing gifs

What it actually feels like.

kissing gif

How you think you’ll look during your first kiss.

kissing gif

How you’ll actually look.

kissing gif

How you think a surprise kiss will go.

kissing gif

How it will actually go.

kissing gif

How you think it would be to kiss your best friend.

kissing gifs

How it will really be.

kissing gif

How you imagined your first kiss happening.

kissing gif

How it will actually happen.

kissing gif

Don’t worry, these are all jokes… mostly. Good luck!

What was your first kiss like? Do you think this is accurate? Was your first kiss bad or good? Have you had one yet? Tell me in the comments.

Your guide to every type of kiss ever

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

Posted in: Hooking Up
Tags: , ,

1. avatarirfan says:

so saweet

2. avatarEmily:) says:

Oh gosh. First kiss… Well.

My friend Meghan was having a sleepover. Our guy friend James was there, but the rest of us were girls. Lets just say me and James like each other a bit. He knows a few of my turn on spots and he isn’t afraid to use that bit of knowledge whenever he wants to. (I know this sounds so soo slutty to say I’m 13) So the girls decided it would be funny to play 7 minutes in heaven… Me and James were in the cellar and we were sat on the sofa. He was snuggled up really close and we were cuddling, I remember he had his head on my shoulder, aw. It was dark, and all of a sudden I turn the light on my phone off so we were sat in the darkness. He kissed me on the cheek then on the forehead. I turn around to say something to him and BAM, he kissed me. Now in my head its a mix between ‘omfg he’s kissing me’ ‘uhh this is awkward’ and ‘can this last forever’. Then out of nowhere he starts trying to French kiss and I FREAK OUT, break the kiss and run upstairs. I was being so weird, I guess I wasn’t ready yet:l

so we went and got pizza then we started playing spin the bottle. yeah I made out with all the girls, no probs really. Then it landed on James and I went bright red! so he throws himself at me and we start French kissing. 5 seconds turned to 10, which turned to 30 and soon became 60. time flies. we played this for about an hour…

fast forward a few hours and I was sat on the sofa in meghans living room with james watching a film, we were snuggled up again. I open up my phone and my ex had dumped me, James saw the message and instantly started French kissing me for like 5 minutes. omfg. we still aren’t together, we both like eachother but im scared to ask him, advice?

3. avatarlala feya says:

I just had my first kiss last Feb 15, 2014 and at the age of 19! I know its too late for a kiss, and i don’t know whether to feel happy or what. Happy because i’m attracted to this guy, i mean im the kind of girl who doesn’t get attracted easily, so he’s kinda special. But then, i can’t be 100% happy because this guy has a girlfriend (ouch!) and he did just kissed me because we were playing this shitty game, dare or dare :(

But then, i will always treasure my first kiss like most us do :)

4. Pingback: 2013's Most Believable Celebrity Fakelationships - Crushable

5. Pingback: 27 Things You Should Just Brave Up And Do Today | シ最愛遲到.!

6. Pingback: 27 Things You Should Just Brave Up And Do Today | The Bloke Magazine

7. avatarMaddie says:

My first kiss was this summer at sleep-away camp! I know 15 is late, but it was totally worth the wait. It was actually perfect. On the fourth of july, we snuck off & were watching fireworks in the woods. Then it just happened! so yes, I can say my first kiss was while watching fireworks, I’m pretty lucky. :)

8. avatarIsabella says:

I’m 22 and I’ve never kissed a guy, but I did kiss a girl way back in elementary school…this doesn’t give me a lot to look forward to in terms of guys. You’re always led to believe it’s supposed to be magical with a guy. Right.

9. avatarLaurence says:

LIZZIE BENNET DIARIES!!!!!! (fangirling all over the place now)

10. avatarJill says:

Well I’m 13 my boyfriend and I were Locked in my friends old dock house was really awkward I ended up saying “just kiss me already” then he bit me so it made it really awkward but now were fine and French kissing a lot!!! And it’s fun

11. avatarLesbo says:

Where’s the black-and-white one with the girls kissing come from?

12. Pingback: Pippa Middleton Complains About The Palace, Plus More Links!