Ask A Guy: Do Guys Like Oral Sex More Than Regular Sex?

Dear Ethan,

Do guys like oral sex more than regular sex? Just wondering because sometimes I feel like that’s all they’re interested in and I’m confused.

Do all guys prefer oral to intercourse? Definitely not. Do some? Sure. Only one thing is for certain, though: I don’t know a guy who doesn’t like oral sex.

Still, the preference for oral over other sexual acts is highly subjective because of all the various reasons one might enjoy it. Perhaps the most obvious benefit is that a mouth and hands can do many things that a vagina cannot, which might be the most common reason a dude would fancy it over penetration.

However, oral sex is also an entirely passive act for the guy, which can be a pro or a con depending on who you ask. Some dudes love to kick back as a woman, uh… “takes hold” of the situation, while others like to actively participate at all times. Those who want to be equally involved will prefer either intercourse or “simultaneous reciprocation” (the nerdiest way to say “69″). You might be surprised by how many guys love to give as much as they receive (see my previous post on this topic here).

Yet another dividing line is the psychological component of the deed. Some guys like the aspects of domination and submission that can be a part of oral sex and some simply fetishize the act of a woman looking up at them as they perform. There are lots of reasons a guy might choose oral sex over anything else, but they aren’t general incentives for most guys.

Ultimately, when you’re exploring with someone new, trial and error is often best for discovering what turns each of you on the most. Better yet – especially once you’re in a committed relationship – have a conversation about what types of things you enjoy most. The best guy to answer your question is the guy you’re with!

Good luck!
Ethan

Ethan Fixell is a writer and comedian from New York City best known as one half of comic “dating coach” duo Dave and Ethan. He is also the creator and editor of ActualConversation.com. For more on Ethan, visit EthanFixell.com…or call his mom, Robin.

Are you confused about a guy? Do you find yourself wondering, “What is he thinking?” Tell us everything in the comments! And if you have a question for Ethan, email him at askaguy@gurl.com!

How do I tell my BF that I don’t like oral sex?

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

Posted in: Ask A Guy, Love Advice
Tags: , ,

1. avatarWindy Cat says:

Cunnilingus = HPV = throat mouth and neck cancer. Google it. Also, Forbes did a great article about the CEO of JP Morgan’s bout with throat cancer. The article didn’t say that JP Morgan CEO got his cancer through performing oral sex (lol). However, now there is a rise in this type of cancer in men especially and there is a true scientific link to these cancers and the human papilloma virus It was first thought to be warts that only women get on our genitals. Now this HPV virus is being passed on via oral sex to the mouth and throat. I never like the idea of oral sex and never performed it. Mouths don’t belong on areas where we urinate and deficate. I love natural rabbit banging and cowgirl riding sex but that’s just me.

2. avatarBabyBlues says:

Yeah I have had a guy try to go down on me before. IT was really wierd and i wouldn’t let him. I remember thinking “ummm no what if he wont like me anymore” I guess i am just not confident enough lol. maybe one day

• avatarbustitamy says:

damn. iv had the same problem and still have it. ive tried concurring it. i dont like giving and never receiving. when it keeps happening i feel like a tool and that he’s dominating me. i get hurt.

to fix it: ive been saying no to giving bj. i only do hand, and it takes a lot of the pressure off and i can now say ‘no’ and do and get what i want and not always have him get his wants and not me.

im more an equal partner in the relationship than before. if he doesnt go down on me (even if its me who wont let him because of fear) why should he he get to receive bj from me.

but you see: im still struggling with this issue. because im giving him hand and he doesnt give it to me often…but im working on getting stonger and tougher to make myself happy and get what i want.

3. avatarCarl says:

I love to perform orally on women. I like the smell, the taste, the stickiness, everything about cunnilingus. I even try to suck up as much vaginal juices as possible! I like to make her sway her hips, buck up and down, and moan out loud!
    Then I will have intercourse with her, but only after I get to nibble on her clit and stick my tongue in her vagina!

• avatarRhonda says:

I love to give and receive oral sex. I enjoy it very much when a guy rubs his face really hard in my vagina. I love to have him suck on my clitoris until I scream out loud in pleasureand violently move my hipsfromm side to side and up and down. But I also enjoy sucking his penis going up and down until he explodes in a loud orgasm, and yes, I swallow!

4. avatarElizabeth says:

Personally, I have found that a balance of the two keeps the both of us incredibly happy–when my body just isn’t up for round two, but his sure is, I go for it and perform oral on him. He’s happy, and I’m happy that he’s satisfied. We’ve also had many a conversation about anything relating to sex, even before we began having sex with each other. What Ethan says about simply talking really is the best trick. It helps a TON!