What Being In Love With Your Best Friend Is Really Like, In GIFs

Crushing on a guy is hard enough as it is. Being in love with your best friend? That’s even harder. You know what I’m talking about: you’ve been friends with this dude since you guys were kids and you never saw him as anything more than a buddy… until you realized he’s actually gorgeous and you’re in love with him.

Being in love with your best friend gets super complicated because while you desperately want to take things to the next level in your relationship, you also don’t want to lose that person as a friend. And, as everyone knows, romantic relationships always have the potential to ruin friendships. So what is being in love with your BFF really like? I’ve explained it in GIFs… and I’m sure a lot of you will be able to relate:

Your BFF was always just your goofy BFF.

goofy gif

Source: Tumblr

Until suddenly… you realize you might have a crush on him.

katy perry gif

Source: Tumblr

Scratch that. You’re in LOVE.

dianna agron gif

Source: Tumblr

You keep it to yourself for a while.

ashley benson gif

Source: Tumblr

Until you HAVE to tell someone.

love gif

Ugh. You’re so confused.

confused gif

Source: Tumblr

Should you tell him? Will it ruin your friendship?

ryan gosling gif

Source: Tumblr

You guys DO flirt all the time.

flirting gif

Source: Tumblr

Wait, but is it real flirting or is he just playing around?

nicki minaj gif

Source: Tumblr

One day you try to tell him, but for whatever reason… you fail.

clueless gif

You can’t tell him.

shaking your head gif

Source: Tumblr

When he flirts with other girls, it’s like…

peter pan gif

Source: Tumblr

When a girl friend of yours tells you she has a crush on him, you’re like…

the little mermaid gif

Source: Tumblr

When someone tells you guys you would make a cute couple, you try to play it off like…

the lion king gif

Source; Tumblr

But on the inside, you’re all like…

pretty little liars happy gif

Source: Tumblr

Sometimes you think he might like you back.

confused gif

Source; Tumblr

And other times you know he only sees you as a friend.

disappointed gif

Source: Tumblr

Basically you’re just confused all the time.

taylor swift gif

Source: Tumblr

Like, really, really confused.

angry gif

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sad gif

Source: Tumblr

Have you ever been in love with your best friend? Can you relate to this? Which of these GIFs is your favorite? What did I miss? Tell me in the comments!

What dating in high school is really like

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

Posted in: Relationships
Tags: , ,

1. Pingback: 15 Crazy Things You Do Only With Your Chaddi Buddy - News @ Globe

2. Pingback: 16 Signs You're Obsessed With Schmackary's Cookies | Sharing Interesting Stuff, Updates News & Free Tips

3. Pingback: The 5 Kinds of Friends You’ll Have in College | Surviving College

4. avatar anon says:

You have no idea im 13 and taller that him and hes a nerd and UUUUUUUUUUGH RAR i just wanna throttle him for being so clueless sometimes :(

5. avatar Lauren says:

This. is. so unbelievably true. This is exactly how I felt! Until I finally just kissed him. It has officially been 7 months and we are as happy as can be :)

6. avatar Harad says:

bambi and tinkerbell are my favourites there so true!

7. avatar lolnope99 says:

Nailed it. It is exactly like that!!!

8. avatar Eliza says:

I was about to say, “OMG I totally know what this is like!” but then I was like “oh, they’re talking about guys.”

9. avatar Magaly says:

Totally true, lately I feel like I will be in love with him forever, just can’t seem to get him out of my head :c, for me it was like in the first coment, the only thing is that I’m not over him, I tried I swear, even the girls that don’t even know me that well (or him) tell me that we feel something for eachother, they can tell, I hate that because it gives me hope, then I kind of swallow my own feelings and try to move on

10. avatar Kohtan says:

I had a crush on my friend–he was one of the first people I could ever really pal around with and he was always bubbly! But I knew he wouldn’t go for me, I didn’t even entertain the thought he would. He moved away and I try to just be thankful for the experience.

11. avatar Clarabear says:

I can definitely relate to this. I haven’t tried to tell him yet or anything but I’m so scared of making things really awkward between us. It’s worse than liking some random guy because I see him all the time and there is no way I could avoid him if something goes horribly wrong.

• avatar A says:

honestly, just go for it!!! i told my bestfriend i liked him and after a year of awkwardness (because he had liked me for a while, but had a gf at the moment and other drama), we ended up getting together. we’ve been dating for more than a year now and it’s the best. when i told him, he had a gf but he was so nice about it. if you 2 are close, it might be awkward but it wont be terrible. it was so awkward but i was so relieved after because i knew that i had done everything in my power to create that relationship.

12. avatar Siima says:

I fell in love with my best friend and bebieve me it was crazy.. But it was even more crazier when i decided to confess my love for him ! Then he told me that he didn’t really like me that way.. :/ ouch !
    We stopped talking for a while, then it was okay, luckily, we became friends again because we didn’t want to lose each other.. :D
    We are best friends again ;)

13. avatar Abbey says:

Oh my god, this describes my life perfectly. xD

14. avatar V says:

OMG me right now!

15. avatar Ann says:

I was in love with my best friend for YEARS. He knew it and didn’t feel the same way. It was really awful, but also really great–because we really did have a great friendship. I knew he didn’t feel the same way, so we didn’t talk about it much. He was really respectful about it, actually, and I tried to be respectful that he didn’t feel that way about me. It was hardest when he would date other people. I never liked his girlfriends, but I tried to keep that to myself as much as possible unless they were actually treating him poorly, in which case I’d point that out, but I didn’t have to because he’s smart enough to know when he’s being used. Eventually I got over it, and we’re still best friends. I’m actually really glad we never dated because we really aren’t compatible that way, so the relationship would have ended and it probably would have killed the friendship. This way we get to stay besties forever.