Lucky for you and your friends, we have 5 essentials for hosting the perfect movie watch party:
1. Popcorn: What movie is complete without popcorn? In my mind, popcorn is basically the only acceptable movie snack. But you don’t just have to have regular popcorn. Pop some regular unflavored popcorn and lay out a variety of toppings for your friends to choose from. Spice it up by adding some Cajun seasoning to your butter. Or make it sweet by tossing it with M&Ms!
2. Drinks: Floats are the perfect drink/dessert combo! Set up a drink station with different types of soft drinks like cola and root beer and let your guests make their own floats! Root beer and chocolate ice cream is a great combo, trust me.
3. Spa night: Have your friends bring their favorite nail polishes or facial treatments so you can all treat yourselves to some TLC while you watch! It turns out that the length of a movie is the perfect amount of time for your nails to dry.
4. Get cozy: Break out a ton of pillows and blankets to lie out on the couch or on the floor. The more comfy stuff, the better. You could even put out some sleeping bags and turn it into a slumber party!
5. An awesome set up: Let’s face it, movies are better on big screens! You can win a brand new Sony Home System and see The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones before it hits theaters! And you’ll also win a Sony reader for you and your friends plus a Sony Reader Store gift card so you and your friends can read the book before the movie hits theaters August 23rd! Enter here!
What are your essentials for a movie night? Tell us in the comments!
This post is written in partnership with Sony and The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones.