The Foolproof Guide To Doing A Sock Bun Without A Sock

Sock buns are awesome, but it can be really frustrating when you can’t get it to work. And if you don’t have a bunch of hair or if you have fine hair, it’s probably not going to cover that sock.

I’m not the biggest fan of sock buns because I think it’s weird to put a sock in your bun. Don’t even get me started on those hair donuts.

That’s why I do the style of a sock bun without the sock! It can be done, I promise. I’m going to show you how to do just that today in a few easy steps!

Click through for your foolproof guide on doing a sock bun without a sock!

Have you done a sock bun? Do you have trouble with the sock? Did you try this method? Tell us in the comments!

Check out our foolproof guide on how to make your lipstick last ALL DAY

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter!

Posted in: Fashion & Beauty, Stuff We Heart
Tags: ,

1. avatar Ariadne says:

Hey!
    This is great! I had been trying to get a sockbun with my super long +layered hair, and this is the only way it works. Thank you!

2. avatar Lauren says:

Cute hairstyle! I use Ballerina Buns hair bun. http://www.ballerinabuns.com

3. avatar meh says:

You could at least twist your hair and wrap it around and it actually works :)

4. avatar shontelle says:

look why do pple do it with a sock, or the donut i am afican american and i got my hair done in braids. and i am starting school next week and would like to know how to do it. and i dnt want pple telling me to put a sock in my hair because i so not want ya dutty sock in my hair or a do-nut and bobby pins or whatever you retards call them. so do a video on doing it with braided hair and without other methods by that i mean no sock no pins no donut understood????

• avatar Aurora says:

I doubt you’ll get what you want by calling someone a retard. How rude.

• avatar Your mom says:

Thats quite rude. What the hell man? Un-braid “ya” hair and use bobby pins or don’t click on this and don’t bitch :)

• avatar Mandy says:

Seriously?
      That was a very racist comment, Shontelle.
      You basically called all white people retards.
      Just take out your braids. The style won’t work with braids. Put your braids back in if you still want them.
      Did you even look at the directions?
      There are no “socks” or “Do-nuts” in the style.
      And if you still want to keep your braids, just google “buns with braids” or something similar. I hope you had fun offending people.

5. avatar Cupcake says:

Looks gorgeous but my hair just wont mind ):