15 Of Your Most Embarrassing Period Stories

Periods. Most months, you can keep everything fine and managed, and then there’s just those times when it is causing you every problem in the world. The worst? When your period causes a totally embarrassing situation.

Over the past year or so, our “All About Your Period” survey has gotten hundreds (literally!) of responses from all of you talking about your menstrual moments. I am completely serious when I say props to all of you who were brave enough to share your embarrassing period stories with the Gurl community.

I feel pretty confident saying that all of us have had or will have an embarrassing period moment at some point in our lives. Sometimes knowing that other girls have gone through similar situations too can help make the aftermath of these moments more bearable. Here are fifteen of your responses to our survey asking, “What’s your most embarrassing period story?”

Source: Shutterstock.com

Have you ever had an embarrassing moment related to your period? Tell us in the comments.

8 Ways To Prevent PMS Symptoms Before They Happen

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter!

Posted in: Your Life
Tags: , , ,

1. avatarBrooke says:

Ok I accidentally left my backpack open in Spanish class and all my tampons fell outta my backpack and onto the floor! Right in front if my crush!! Then a jerky kid asked me if I wore pads or tampons(uhhhh).

Oh and then I was at work and I forgot tamons. I had to ask a girl for some. I saw her talking the rest of the cute boy lifeguards probably telling them. Needles to say, the avoided me the rest of the shift. Btw, the boys were anywhere from 13 to 20.

One more! We were at Olive Garden and I forgot tampons and had to ask my 17 year old cousin for some. She said yes and I was digging around to find them. She said “Brooke its nothing to be ashamed of”. My face looked like a tomato!! There was my 12 year old cousin, 13 and 16 year old boy family friends, and my 16 year old brother. All boys besides my 17 year old cousin. My brother was like ” Brooke that’s disgusting” and all the boys agreed. I said nothing and tried to stuff it in my pocket. The said ” we can still see the outline of it”. I’m like “that’s cool” but it was so embaressing. Boys…

BTW I’m 13 and almost 14

2. avataralinda says:

i was sleeping on the couch because there were many visitors and some of them occupied my room and when it was in the morning my mom woke me up and i saw my uncle and male cousin who was 1 year older than me sitting on the couch next to me and when i stood up my cousin said ‘wow Alinda u are really grown up’ and i said ‘yes of course i totally am’ and my mom said ‘Alinda you leaked ‘and my cousin laughed and i was really embarrassed

3. avatarTerra says:

I was 11 years old and it was one of the last days of school and we had awards that afternoon and I was on my period. So we went next door to the church for this. I was in grade 6 so the grade six’s got warded for honor roll first and of course I was sitting beside my crush. We both got honor roll and once we went to sit back down he said to me “What’s that red stuff on the bench?” It was my exact spot. My best excuse was “Oh I just sat in some jam earlier” he just said ok and sat down. I was all red hoping nobody noticed. I never cleaned it after so it was left there. Just thank GOD I was wearing black pants.

4. avatarCynthia says:

I was laying dwn on my older brothers bed in btwn my brother nd my crush. we were watching a movie then I started my first period at 11. My crush pointed it out when my brother went downstairs. Dre( crush) said it was cool but i jus ran to the bathroom and cried. My brother got me out of the bathroom after i took a shower and put on a pad. they helped me cleab off the bed and bought me chocolate and we resumed watching the movie. Dre laid close beh9nd me the rest of the movie. I LOVE MY BROTHER And i still like his friend.

5. avatarLacy says:

I was at the beach once and I had never cotton my period but when I came out of the water a gush o blood came rushing out everybody started laughing at me

6. avatarBeautifulGirl says:

I had a heavy period for 11 days and just when I thought it was over, after about 2 days, I felt something spilling out of my vagina. Then I felt something wet on me. My grand aunt was sitting right next to me and I was like uh oh. But I got up slowly and saw that the seat was wet. (The seat’s red). Then I touched it and found it was blood. I walked as casually as I could to the bathroom and wiped as much blood as I could on toilet paper. Then I walked to my room to get a pad and I found my grandma changing the bedsheets. I was like uh oh. The stain became bigger and I had to clamp my legs together. Thank goodness she went out of the room at last and I managed to change and wore a pad and washed my shorts. It was one of the most nightmarish moments of my life.

• avatarS. G says:

So I was on the bus when I started my period with a boy amd my best friend
      The fact is I was cramping

7. avatar-.- says:

This happen to me today, my crush was sitting behind me, and when the bell rings I stood up and I guess it have blood stain (maybe not) i dun know it was there at all, when I got into the car I feel wet so I touch the car seat and saw blood stain. So I started panicking and when I got home I qiuckly changed. But I wonder why wasn’t anyone reacting to my period stain. They all just stay poker face or was just all doing their work. But I am still scare of going back to school tmr an seeing the blood stain on my seat!!!

8. avatar-.- says:

9. avatarSarah says:

Once I was camping and I got my period, so I told my mom and she gave me pads. But we’re not the kind of family that talks about it a lot or even really ever if we can avoid it so it was embarrassing.

• avatarkeah says:

Most girls avoid it and dont want to talk about it to anyone including family,but sometimes they think they can cope on there own,but what you gonna do when you run out of pads/tampons im 12 and i havnt told my mom that ive started and i started my period ages ago.

10. avatarEstefania says:

This is my most emberessing period story..
    So I was 13years old and I had a boyfriend named Kevin.
    We were at the park so he piggy back me so he said why is my neck wet.
    So I jumped off his neck his neck was full of blood.

11. avatarSpencer Riley says:

When I was 17 my boyfriend of 3 years and I were at school and lunch break in the cafeteria, we were eating and he was saying how he really liked me in white shorts. The next day I wore them completely forgetting my period would start soon that month. I was in gym class and everyone kept giving me dirty looks I just shrugged it off knowing lots of these girls were snobby. Later I was at my locker and turned around to see Tyrone (my boyfriend) just standing there I asked why he was acting so weird he said I think I prefer you in red shorts, it took me a whole to realize what he meant when I realized I had been wearing blood sploted Shorts for that whole first period still to his day he asks if I need red shorts every month •_•

12. avataryazmine says:

This very day, I was in choir 5th period.(class full of girls) I’m sitting there, and all of a sudden the teacher calls me up to the class. I walk up there feeling fine. Then I turn around to go back to my seat when I notice like half the class is staring at me. A friend told me to turn around…blood is smeared on my seat. I didn’t even bother to look at my pants, I just tied my jacket around my waste. It was so akward n everyone was still staring n talking I had to ask my friend to first get a pass for me to the nurse, then to get tissue. I was so embarrassed trying to clean up the mess. Then I had to speed walk to the nurse office. I didn’t cry even tho I kinda wanted to. I stayed calm all tho on the inside I was having a panic attack. I’m in high school. Worst day ever. Hope they don’t make fun of me 2morrow.

• avataryazmine says:

And to make it all worse my parents or any of my emergency contacts answered their phone so I had no clean clothes and I couldn’t leave. I had to lie down in the nurses office all day n pray for this week to be over

13. avatarapril says:

When i was shopping with some of my friends (a mix between girls and boys),i felt something wet on my underwear and shorts,so i asked one of my friends if there was anything on my shorts and she said there was blood so i had to run to the toilet without being noticed by anyone else, and checked if it was true and it was so luckily i had bought a really nice pair of joggies and had to put them on and rum to a shop to by pads to put one on.

14. avatarPenguin says:

Once in fourth grade I was sitting in class when the teacher called me up to answer a problem. All day I had been feeling weird cramps and I feel like kids were watching me as I was walking. As soon as I stood my teacher yelled my gosh Linnea you have your period in front of the whole class. I turned so red and I ran out of the classroom crying into the nurses office when I called my mom.

• avatarMeyon says:

Wow really a teacher wow all teacher call it a girl thing or something but really your period

• avatarDejana says:

A teacher saying you got your period you wow she could of said a girl thing just like meyon says said

15. avatarKayla says:

I was in the locker room changing and when I took my pants off there was blood on my underwear I knew this because one of the girls in the locker room told me by the end of the day everyone knew about.i had to ask my gym teacher For a pad

16. avatarAria says:

When I was In fourth grade My teacher asked me to get up infront of the blackbord and write a math question, I got up and starting writing and then another kid in my class Josh said “why is there blood on Arianna’s pants?” I felt so awkward I knew that that day would come and my mom warned me that I would get my period some time soon but i felt SO scared my teachers mouth dropped and Said out loud “you got your PERIOD Arianna?!?!” I was so embarrassed why would me teacher blurt that out!

17. avatarKirstin says:

I was in class just last month I was sitting in my chair and then BAM yep I got my period and it Was heavy flow, sadly that day I forgot to put a pad/tampon in I was freaking it was all in my chair and all other my uniform so I had to try my best to get all the blood off my chair and on to my skirt and wrapped a sweater around my waist so I asked to go to the bathroom, I texted my mom and told her, but she had work and my dad had to pick me up.. That was an awkward drive home… And yes when I left there was still a ton of blood in my chair and my friend told me that everyone saw my chair when a boy in my class was stacking my chair! OMG I was so upset

18. avatarEmma says:

i waass 13 at my cousins house ( his a guy and his also 13) and that day i forgot i was going to start my period so i didnt wear anything. my cousin came um to me and said emma your period has gone onto your white shorts! but the most embarssing bit was he was on skype with my Crush

19. avatarAri says:

This happened to my bestie.

We were all sitting at lunch, it was my best friend, a guy friend, and some of my other friends. It was time to leave lunch and when my bestie got up, there was blood smeared on her seat! And she was sitting right next to the guy, and he noticed! He made a joke about it and it was forgotten to this day but I think she’s still embarrassed by it… Awww.-.

20. avatarZoe says:

Just at school today(I’m in ninth grade) I dressed up in light jeans high heels and and was walking around the ENTIRE DAY feeling all confident and pretty but my crush was ignoring me and I was wondering why then at last block I asked my friend if I had anything on my butt because I felt wet and she made a horrible face and said I had a huge red stain! There was no way I could hide it so I had to walk to the bus by myself with my hands awkwardly trying to cover my butt!

Oh but that’s not all

When I was in seventh grade I was wearing white shorts and I got my period and I didn’t even know it. When I got home I changed into sweatpants and noticed something red on my shorts. I had a gigantic red splot right on my pants and nobody told me! I can’t believe I walked around in school all day like that a nobody said anything