What Do Guys Really Think About Hair Down There?

I know all about the dangers of waxing your nether-regions, but it never stops me from doing it. Shaving drives my sensitive skin up the wall, waxing lasts longer and I just like to do it.

I generally do it for me, but I guess I’ve been waxing for so long that now I get insecure if I’m with a guy and haven’t gotten things cleaned up down there. Which is weird because I’ll go forever without shaving my legs but will never miss a wax appointment.

There seems to be this huge stigma though that guys really care about hair down there. Some say they don’t care, some are vehemently against it. But even when a guy says it doesn’t bother them, we’re all super skeptical.

Well…

I inadvertently tested this idea recently. I’ve been really busy and haven’t had time to wax for a bit. I mean, it’s not like I have the Amazon growing down there or anything, but still. But I kind of forgot about it because my mind has been all over the place as of late.

So I when I ended up hooking up with a guy recently I remembered that I haven’t waxed in a while and freaked out in my head. Mid-makeout sesh when we were trying to decide if it was going any further, I casually mentioned that I hadn’t waxed and would rather wait until after.

He looked at me kind of puzzled, laughed, kissed me and said he really didn’t care. At all. Our hookup continued without a hitch, and it was great!

I’m sure there are some guys who prefer no hair but from what I understand, most guys are just happy to venture down yonder. It was really refreshing actually to hear a guy tell me that he didn’t care because I think it’s something that was subconsciously in my head.

If you don’t have time to wax or shave or whatever, don’t worry. Chances are he’s not going to mind.

Have you ever been in a situation like mine? Have you ever ended a hookup because you hadn’t waxed or shaved? Do you get insecure about it? Tell me in the comments!

Find out how to have a good hook up with our complete guide!

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter!

Posted in: Body Image
Tags: , ,

1. avatarchristian says:

me personally i love hair down there and i have a ton myself i just think a girl with natural beauty is so sexy so the more pubic hair she has is a plus for me

2. avatarandres says:

I´m a guy who´s going to see a girl in an other country who I met some time a go but didn´t have sex already. Probably we´re going to have a relation because we got a strong connection and I am wondering if she likes pubic hair in me hair or not, till now I don´t feel confortable asking her about that. And want to give my opinion for you, personally I prefer not shaved just that seams that the girl is clean and cares about her, I have the sensation or perception that a girl who does that is because she use to have lot of sexual activity and of course is not attractive at least in a girl one likes a lot, but at the end I respect and accept the girl if I really loves her.

3. avatarFaithgirl says:

Magali says, if you are just starting to get pubes, you should not be having oral sex. Maybe you’re like Carrie White from that movie. Carrie was a late bloomer. I am pretty young myself but have not had a sexual in counter. Therefore, I am a virgin. Don’t be supprized when I say this:
    Your too young to be given’ away your Cookies, girl?

• avatarmagali says:

ummm u r rite. im very young but he cares 4 me n he is really nice and cute. I kno he is a lot older. Bit I dont mind tht. He is my first ever

4. avatarFaithgirl says:

I don’t think any girl should shave or wax for some picky guy that’s all about the “the shaved/waxed look is the only way I’ll go down on you. Sorry babe, you need to shave shave shave! Look like a little five year old girl and don’t look like a REAL woman.” Stupid that some guys think that.

• avataryoung'n'naive says:

my bf will only go down on me wen I shave. OMG I get a lot of oral wen he feels me n knows i am shaved and smooth. It feels good wen he does tht nd so I shave. He sez it adds a look of innocence tht really makes him horney. I kno I started real young like magali nd he use 2 shave me rite frm the start. I kno he likes me a lot

• avatarliz says:

same here. He will only go down if I am really smooth. He likes the clean fresh very young school gurl look. Like the other gurl Magali I started very very early too.

5. avatarmagali says:

My bf insists I shave down there. Ever since i started developing pubes he wanted me to shave clean. he wont go down on me if I havent shaved. I’ve been with him a year now. hes been with so many girls before and he told me tht all his gfs had to be clean and smooth down below. He said it looks cleaner and more sexy and its a huge turn on for him when a girl is really smooth.
    I really dont mind him not shaving down there himself.

• avatarSloane says:

“Ever since I started developing pubes” How old are you 12? If your just developing pubes you’re too young for anyone to be seeing them…

6. avatartaya says:

hehehe OMG thts so true. My bf likes me shaved and smooth too. He gets so turned on when i take my clothes off and if I am smooth. And… when tht happens he doesnt need any encouragement to go down on me. LOL..OMG I am going to tease him and ask him if he likes the pubescent look. He is going to freak out with me asking him that..LOL

7. avatarclaudia says:

I am absolutely sure that its the pubescent smooth look they like.
    Yes my bf likes me smooth too and I have been doing tht all along.
    When I am smooth OMG I dont have to encourage him to go down on me. He just wants to do it all the time. For me thats like GREAT..haha
    His fantasy suits me!