What Do Guys Really Think About Hair Down There?

I know all about the dangers of waxing your nether-regions, but it never stops me from doing it. Shaving drives my sensitive skin up the wall, waxing lasts longer and I just like to do it.

I generally do it for me, but I guess I’ve been waxing for so long that now I get insecure if I’m with a guy and haven’t gotten things cleaned up down there. Which is weird because I’ll go forever without shaving my legs but will never miss a wax appointment.

There seems to be this huge stigma though that guys really care about hair down there. Some say they don’t care, some are vehemently against it. But even when a guy says it doesn’t bother them, we’re all super skeptical.

Well…

I inadvertently tested this idea recently. I’ve been really busy and haven’t had time to wax for a bit. I mean, it’s not like I have the Amazon growing down there or anything, but still. But I kind of forgot about it because my mind has been all over the place as of late.

So I when I ended up hooking up with a guy recently I remembered that I haven’t waxed in a while and freaked out in my head. Mid-makeout sesh when we were trying to decide if it was going any further, I casually mentioned that I hadn’t waxed and would rather wait until after.

He looked at me kind of puzzled, laughed, kissed me and said he really didn’t care. At all. Our hookup continued without a hitch, and it was great!

I’m sure there are some guys who prefer no hair but from what I understand, most guys are just happy to venture down yonder. It was really refreshing actually to hear a guy tell me that he didn’t care because I think it’s something that was subconsciously in my head.

If you don’t have time to wax or shave or whatever, don’t worry. Chances are he’s not going to mind.

Have you ever been in a situation like mine? Have you ever ended a hookup because you hadn’t waxed or shaved? Do you get insecure about it? Tell me in the comments!

Find out how to have a good hook up with our complete guide!

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter!

Posted in: Body Image
Tags: , ,

1. avatar RushRoys says:

its not about sexist or anything like that!!! im a guy and i always shave cause its about Personal hygiene. we’re living in 21 century people! whats with the cave men pubic hair style?!! i hate to go down on a girl who is not shaved! i bet every other dude thinks the same. so please…shave !

2. avatar Diondra Stronge says:

Girls don’t expect guys to shave down there, so why should guys expect that from girls? This whole debate is just another sexist double standard that exists to make women feel disgusted with the way their bodies naturally are.

3. avatar Anonymous says:

Well… First of all, you’re hooking up with a guy, and usually, they wouldn’t care as long as they know they’re getting sex. Especially if it’s premarital, you probably shouldn’t trust a guy’s opinions that much regarding hair down there… And you really shouldn’t be having premarital sex anyways. Like really, where is the self respect and courtship that on e existed? Stop promoting premarital sex thinking that it is right. As a woman, we are more prone to deception and getting hurt than men since we function more emotionally than physically. You’re basically asking for a guy to use you if it’s premarital sex .. Like stop … If you wanna shave down there, shave for yourself, not for anyone else especially if you’re not married. Commit to yourself first and save yourself for marriage, anything else should be second priority

• avatar Sarah says:

^^^ Well said! :)

• avatar Diondra Stronge says:

No woman is ever “asking for” bad treatment from a man. Why would you put the blame on her instead of the man whose behavior people just wave off as hormonal with phrases like “boys will be boys”? It’s absurd that people are still placing so much responsibility on women and so little on men in these situations.

• avatar Aron says:

Okay wow. So if a guy have/wants premarital sex it is only to use the woman? I get why some people(I actually think it’s a lot) want to wait untill marriage or at least for some kind of close commitment, I really do. But to say that premarital sex is wrong and that it’s “asking for a guy to use you” is far out.
      First of all it’s quite sexist to conclude that all men want is to use women. Secondly it’s also sexist against women because you conclude that they’re only there to be used.
      Oh, and you even victim-blame women who have actually experienced the tragedy of being used by saying that they’re asking for it.

That’s a lot of people you offend, right there.

• avatar Nephie says:

Men aren’t sex crazed monsters, and women are free to express their sexuality as they please. Women shouldn’t be forced to be “pure” for the sake of their future spouse. That is just some “Oh I if you’re not a virgin, I don’t want you.” crap that society has pushed on women, and it’s wrong. Women are free to have as much casual sex as they want to, just as men can. Don’t push your beliefs on others.

• avatar samantha says:

your a fucking moron.

4. avatar Robby says:

When I was in my early 40s I married a teenage woman. We are together and have 8 kids from baby to grown up. So shut up about “40 year old” men and teenage women!! Sure some of them are pervs but then so are teens, 20s, 30s, etc.