Before you start dating someone, you need to ask yourself: are you really ready for a relationship? It may sound silly, but trust me, it’s not. Relationships are a big deal. Being involved with someone else on both a different physical and emotional level can really affect not only how you feel, but also how you feel about yourself. It’s never a good idea to jump into one, no matter how much you like the person.
But figuring out whether or not you’re ready to take that more serious step might not be so easy. The pressure to be in a relationship and have a boyfriend may make you do things you just shouldn’t be doing yet. So, I’m here to make things a little bit more simple. Are you ready for a relationship? Copy and paste the questions into the comments and answer either yes or a no and then scroll to the bottom to find out. It’s not foolproof, but it might help you figure things out a little:
1. Are you mostly pretty happy with yourself?
2. Are you afraid to be single and alone?
3. Would you ever let your partner talk down to you?
4. Do you have very high expectations for your partner to fill?
5. Do you feel like you absolutely need a boyfriend, ASAP?
6. Are you completely over your ex?
7. Do you still think about your ex on a regular basis?
8. Would you be very jealous if you caught your boyfriend just chatting with another girl from school?
9. Are you good at compromising?
10. Do you feel like you could trust someone (is your guard down)?
11. Do you feel ready to hook up with someone?
12. Are you looking to make an ex jealous?
13. Are you willing to stop flirting with other guys?
14. Do you feel like you can talk to your crush about a lot of stuff?
15. Do you think any guy would be lucky to date you?
16. Do you know how to admit when you’re wrong?
If you answered “yes” to 8 or more questions… it seems like you’re ready for a relationship. But if the amount of yeses are closer to 8 than 16, still use caution when starting up something new.
If you answered an even amount of “yes” and “no”… you might be ready. Take some time to seriously consider things before you jump into something.
If you answered “no” to 8 or more questions… you’re not ready for something serious. Don’t freak out – you may just need a little more time to get to know yourself before you can start focusing on someone else.