It seems that teens are searching for chemicals to huff all over the place. Another young girl died after inhaling freon from the air conditioning unit of her grandmother’s home. Teens are inhaling everything from nitrous oxide out of whipped cream cans to hairspray to keyboard cleaner.
Huffing is also called dusting, bagging or sniffing. They’re all different methods of inhaling or smelling chemicals to get high, which is obviously really dangerous.
Huffing can cause almost instant death by cardiac arrest known as Sudden Sniffing Death Syndrome, which is what happened to poor Aria. There are tons of short and long-term effects to huffing that include severe liver, kidney and brain damage.
Why did huffing keyboard cleaner kill Aria? Because it wasn’t just compressed air. Keyboard cleaners contain liquefied gas, which is poisonous.
Any method of inhaling chemicals is super, super dangerous y’all. I mean, it really can kill you any time you do it so stay away! Let’s all stick to breathing the nice, clean air outside.
Do you know anyone that’s huffing? Is it a problem among teens you know? Tell me in the comments!