6 Things That Will NOT Make You Smell Good Down There

Halle Berry was on Conan O’Brien last night and said she sprays her perfume in between her legs. She said, “The way you’re supposed to wear fragrance, you’re supposed to spray it in between your thighs.” Um…I don’t know where Halle Berry heard this, but I have never been advised by anyone to spray perfume near my vagina. It’s dangerous!

The topic of odor always comes up, especially down in the nether-regions. We live in a world that bombards us with products to make our vaginas smell like roses, but your vagina should smell like you. And the truth is, most of these products don’t work.

You might not think you smell “normal,” but unless it’s getting really rank (in which case you should call your gyno), you’re totally fine. It’s important to remember that your vagina cleans and takes care of itself. And you’re probably going to notice a stronger odor if you’ve been running around all day. That being said, if you use a little soap and water in the shower every day, you’ll be good to go.

But for the love of god, don’t rely on the following! If it’s not gyno-approved, you probs shouldn’t do it.

Have you tried any of these methods? What tricks do you use to keep it fresh down there? Tell me in the comments!

For once, there’s a song about oral for girls!

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter!

Posted in: Health, Sex & Relationships
Tags: , ,

1. avatarLoren says:

First thing I’d do is see your GYN. Make sure that there isn’t a serious issue there first. If everything checks out, I’d look into some natural ways of dealing with this problem.

For me I started looking into fruits and vegetables that help. Grapefruit and pineapples help a lot. There are also vitamins that help but none really showed any type of change for me.

Then after spending a few hours on the net I came across this natural supplement for women’s needs and care called balance complex for women.

I’ve been let down before by supplements promising the world. This type of issue is especially embarrassing and I’m just thrilled this has been working so far.

Would tell any lady to not hesitate and give this a try, will change your life.

2. avatarAlyssa says:

I wash almost every single day. I also use to spray perfume but no now anymore.

3. avatargold gabbana says:

Its called wash your cooch

4. avatarshania says:

Water and soup.

5. avatarJardiie says:

Well, I only use feminine wash. It’s gyno-aopproved.

6. avatarIgnorant Awareness says:

The Ponderer: you say not to even use unscented soap down there, because the body takes care of itself- but then why does my boyf say I smell funny down there?

It’s not a strong enough smell to need to see a gyno about it, but when I get aroused sometimes there is a slightly fishy smell- he says he likes going down there & tasting me, but the smell can be overpowering. Obviously I can’t verify this because I can’t fit my mouth down there, so what do I do? =S

• avatarJay says:

I’d firstly question as to whether your boyfriend is saying this to be helpful or due to lack of education about vaginal health, or worse still to be abusive towards you.

Your vagina will smell like a vagina, but certain ‘bad’ bacteria will create a fishy odour – so in situations when you need a shower, have used chemical products like soaps down below, used tampons or commercial liners/pads, or if you have a vaginal infection known as BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS then it may smell ‘fishy’. If there is a bad odour then you should see your doctor to test for infections and get appropriate treatment.

FYI – you can’t fit your mouth down there, but you can fit your fingers down there and take your fingers to your mouth…your vagina is your own, it’s cleaner than your mouth, and you’re okay with your partner tasting you, so why don’t you taste yourself? It’s one more way to help you monitor your vaginal health.

7. avatarWow says:

Just for the record, you totally misinterpreted what Halle Berry said. When she said “spray it in between your thighs”, she did not mean spray it up towards your vagina. She meant to spray it horizontally or downwards so that it gets on your legs. Haven’t you heard of putting perfume on the back of your knees? If you’re trying to put perfume on your legs and don’t want it to get up there, you just have to put on underwear and make sure you’re spraying another way. Next time, please actually try to understand what the person is saying before making an assumption and posting false information in an article.

8. avataryssubramanyam says:

very helpful..

9. avatarMissJuly7 says:

Men who dig women, dig pussy. He will spend plenty of time pleasing you there because he loves to taste you, and he loves to see you turned on.

10. avatarThe Ponderer says:

You actually shouldn’t use anything down there at all, not even unscented soap. Your body naturally produces bacteria and maintains a certain pH to kill off any bad stuff that could potentially threaten your reproductive health. By using unscented soap you are messing with that pH which could weaken your bodies defenses and cause problems down there. Just let it take care of itself and quit worrying. Of course if there’s a strong or particularly strange odor always go to your gynecologist and get it checked out.

11. avatarpinkheart says:

I would like mine to taste like strawberries so he would lick and kiss down there all day long. Imagine if it did taste like a fruit, the guys would never leave.

• avatarAllen says:

It doesn’t need to taste like strawberries. I love the natural scent. Honestly I’ve never thought it tasted like anything at all, but the scent is good. Don’t try to rob us of that. Guys like me are more than happy to go down on you and pleasure you all day long.