My Friend’s Parents Think I’m Gay, But I Don’t Know If I Am Or Not

Check out what’s new on our boards! Right now, girls are talking about how to let guys know that you’re not interested:

taitai said:

“My friend’s parents think I’m gay, but I don’t know if I am. Actually, my friend told her parents that I was.

I didn’t think I was at the time, but now I think I might be. I want to tell people now. How do I tell my family that I’m gay?”

Got something to add to this convo? Then go for it, girl! Let us know what you think right here.

Need advice on a different topic? Do you have a story you want to share? Post your own thoughts and questions in our boards and start chatting with other girls.

This girl is new at school. How does she let guys know she’s not interested?

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter!

Posted in: Boards, Discuss
Tags: , , ,

1. avatarMackenzee says:

Hey! Don’t sweat it. Just make sure that they know what you are going through, and if you need help, make sure they know how to help.

2. avatarLotrnerd616 says:

Oh my god, I can so relate! My friend told me that her and her mum were talking about me and my friend told her that I had a boyfriend. Her mum was like “Oh… But I thought she was gay!” I was so embarrassed as I’m bi so I was all like “Oh, damn. Is it obvious?” >_<

3. avatarnerf-herder says:

As a bisexual, I feel like I can give you some well needed advice
    Don’t make a snap judgment on who you are based on what someone else told you, you are.
    If YOU know you’re gay, if you’re attracted to member of the same sex then come out. But if YOU are not 100% certain, if YOU do not come up with the conclusion on your own then don’t say anything.
    Deciding your sexual identity is not as simple as “Oh so and so says I’m gay so I must be.” No one can tell you who you are but yourself.

4. avatarDon't sweat it says:

Don’t do anything until you’re sure. Best to avoid that awkward scenario if you’re not certain. Also consider its possible you’re just bi, bi-curious, confused or any number of different sexual identities. Once you ARE sure then just tell them plain and simple. They might not care either way. I know I wouldn’t. And your friend sounds like an ass. . Sorry

5. avatarNicole says:

if you’re seriously not sure about your sexuality then don’t come out.. wait until you’re 100 percent sure or at least dating someone of the same sex. that’s the best advice i can really give.. good luck in finding out who you really are!

6. avatarAnonymous says:

Then your friend isn’t a true friend.