How Do I Get Over A Crush? 10 Ways To Stop Liking Someone

Having a crush can be casual and fun… until that crush goes on for months, even years, and then suddenly you find yourself stuck in this endless cycle of liking someone you feel like you barely know. Ack! Maybe your crush started dating someone new, maybe you found out he’s just not that into you, maybe you’re just sick of liking him – either way, getting over a crush can be difficult.

So how do you make yourself stop liking someone? It’s not always easy to fight against your own brain and force yourself to think differently than you have been for a while. But the good news is that it’s totally possible. Tired of crushing on someone you know you’re never going to be with? We’re here to help you. The first step, obviously, is to decide without any doubt that you’re ready to move on. Then you can read these 10 steps on how to get over a crush:

Are you trying to get over a crush? How do you get over someone? Does your crush like you back? Tell me in the comments.

9 tips to handle awkward breakup questions

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

Posted in: Love Advice
Tags: , , , , ,

1. avatarHayley says:

Okay. So I am In high school, and I have been crushing on my brothers best Friend Named Logan. I got the confindence to tell him and He Replied with Your not my type because you are Too ‘big’ for me. So I then cried and didn’t eat for a bit. Then he apologized and were friends for 2 days and then he said let’s not be friends anymore. And I am Still Inlove with him. 2 months after he said He Didn’t like me. And All together I have Loved him for 5 months.

• avatarAngela says:

He seems like a jerk, it’s best to move on even though it may seem hard. I’ve been in a similar position, try hanging out with some of you better friends or just make new ones. Also maybe going on blind dates with your friends? It’s best to meet someone new to help you forget about someone you may have been obsessing over. (:

2. avatarcler besa says:

thanks for youre advice its really help to me to get over my crush

3. avatarmia says:

He’s my high school crush. he chatted me on facebook that he likes me and he even say i love you to me but the thing is when we see each other, I mean we see in personal He didn’t act like he likes me. He just always stared at me and He didn’t say He likes me in person. and now I’m confuse if i should really believe on what he say or not! I’m afraid that he might play on my feeling..

Reply plz!

4. avatarleonie says:

I really like this boy called *Ben and I told my friend *Madison over text. *Madison then told *Ben and he text me asking if it was true. I told him it wasn’t and he said good because he has no feelings for me. I felt really upset that he has no feelings for me, but Atleast I know how he feels. The only thing that’s bothering me is that when my friend *Madison told him I liked him he said nothing will ever happen between us unless I tell him myself I like him, and I think I’ve just ruined my chance. Please give me some advice on how to get over him:(
    *names have been changed

5. Pingback: 5 Ways to Fight Yourself: How to Get Over A Crush | Breakfree!

6. avatartired forgetting my crush says:

hey im trying my best to forget my crush but it seems impossible to me many times in a week i see my crush as we are in same college if i also want to forget my crush i cant

7. avatarEllie says:

Thanks for your advice, it has really helped :-)

8. avatarJennifer says:

Hey Elizeah,I have gone through the same things and have always wondered if he liked me 2 but that was until I got tired of chasing a broken dream, face the facts and try to move one,i am not completely over my crush either but i have faced the facts and am taking one step at a time, do the same.

9. avatarElizeah says:

I really love this guy who goes to my school and I used to really hate him because he would play so many pranks on me but all of a sudden I fell head over heels for him and he has a gf. Im trying to get over him but I can’t

10. avatarCorey Jennings says:

This seems wierd, as this is supposed to help girls, but i’m a guy. but i have these feelings for my bestmates girlfriend, and i’m trying to get over her, because i know it isn’t going to work between us. and there’s nothing i can do about these feelings :/

11. avatarAlice says:

I like this guy…and he has told me that he didn’t like me back. {He made sure that heard the conversation }But now I just want to get over it!!Any other easy tips on getting over someone and stop being redicilious awkward ..please

12. avatarHannah says:

I met this guy at my uni economic tutorial class and I don’t know what love at first sight really means but think I really felt it. The moment I saw him I melted, right there. Then we started talking, just on general stuffs like school work. I don’t even know his name is Leo or Leon nor I know his last name. But I can’t stop thinking about him. The more he talks, the more affection it have for him :( I’ve never really had a crush on anyone and it’s killing me cos I think I’m falling too fast and he’s not moving an inch

13. avatarmedeline says:

i was infatuated with a guy…who is from the college(he is a junior). at times i felt like we connected when we crossed each other and then i’d feel guilty cos he already has a girlfriend..not that he actually likes me but because i think he likes me too..Gosh!just waana get over with this issue

• avatarmarried and crushing says:

im married and he is too…and im like serious crushing hard on this guy….I see him everyday…and knowing we both are married I know its not going anywhere..but the crush is there I know hes interested in me he give it away so easily…but its so hard to not like him.

14. avatarEliza says:

I met this guy through a monthly meeting for students. I crushed on him from our very first conversation. For a whole year I’ve been hiding my feelings from him. We go to different colleges and I’m friends with his family. Just last week we were at a function together and I could swear on my heart that he felt the same about me as I do with him.. The thing is that I’m going away on exchange for a year. I don’t think I’ll be able to forget him:/.