How Do I Get Over A Crush? 10 Ways To Stop Liking Someone

Having a crush can be casual and fun… until that crush goes on for months, even years, and then suddenly you find yourself stuck in this endless cycle of liking someone you feel like you barely know. Ack! Maybe your crush started dating someone new, maybe you found out he’s just not that into you, maybe you’re just sick of liking him – either way, getting over a crush can be difficult.

So how do you make yourself stop liking someone? It’s not always easy to fight against your own brain and force yourself to think differently than you have been for a while. But the good news is that it’s totally possible. Tired of crushing on someone you know you’re never going to be with? We’re here to help you. The first step, obviously, is to decide without any doubt that you’re ready to move on. Then you can read these 10 steps on how to get over a crush:

Are you trying to get over a crush? How do you get over someone? Does your crush like you back? Tell me in the comments.

9 tips to handle awkward breakup questions

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

Posted in: Love Advice
Tags: , , , , ,

1. avatarLenay says:

I gave a crush on a customer who comes in once in a while. Hes a uni student – one time i caught a glimpse of his uni pass -. The first time i saw him there was this instant attraction and since then i couldn’t stop thinking about him. He wayy out of my league btw. He also jst came in (on my lunchbreak now)) and i couldn’t even say how are you doing. I always get really shy around him. Like my heart literally skips a beat and my hands start shaking. Its so silly because i feel like im 13 all over again. Just recently ive decided to try and get over him because i just know he’s not into me at all. Im so upset, the thoughy of going back to work is killing me. I really just want to lay in bed and cry a little. I hope i wont see him anymore, but its inevitable :( as long as i work here and hes a student, he will come in and get lunch.

2. avatarDianneL. says:

Hello,English is my 4th Language but hope u guys will understand what im going to share,
    I signed up SKOUT, just for fun.. chatted a couple and theyre all nice and good looking guys.. am 22 and ths guy look the same age as me only to find out he is 20y.o.
    And i never been so soft to fall inlove easy, ds guy is not really so good in talking.. he says a couple words only but he is the only one asked my facebook and skype.
    Which i have no plan of giving it but i did it anyway.. i wish i ddnt.
    Because after i saw him cam to cam i had ths “LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT” w/ him, his smile and his eyes and shape of his face is like something i have in my head long time ago that i have been drawing on the paper since when i was little.., anyway, he greeted me hello, and kissed the cam like he knew me and he winked like he is comfortable..omg.i cant take it off my head..he is my CRUSH, is that how i suppose to call ths feelings i have?..
    Well, now im having trouble with my sleep and my heart everytime i remember him.. i get fast heartbeat and i smile hard that i cant help it.
    Am i going crazy?
    And i dont wanna ask too much cause i worry that he wont like it and turn off me,
    And i dont wanna assume that he likes me cause he never did said it.. but im getting so paranoid. I keep thinking of him and i keep searching about how to make a guy fall inlove, how to send sweet morning greetings, or how to understand ths kind of guy.. so manythings i read already just so i can connect with him without him turning off.. i actually asked him once of what qualities he is looking from a girl and he said loyal, funny and nauthy.. but then he added and say “idk, i dont know how to like a girl”. At first i thought he maybe gay just sorting it out.. but as i keep trying to keep conversation going without personal question i dont think he is gay.. he actually opened up a little bit about him that he had 9 months ago of break up with his gf in 4 years relationship.
    And he said that he believes i can help him move on…that we move on together since i just also had a break up more than a week ago from 5 years relationship. Strange that i cant relate so much of how he feels…
    I am having hard time moving on too.. but i never been so quiet like that..
    Maybe he is different and maybe still going through the hardtime in his own way..
    The only problem is he is not talking so much about him and his break up. He just say Hello and gud night. And he doesnt reply fast enough.. i end up having all the words. And i dont like it cause i dont feel good about it.

Anyway.. maybe someone there has an idea or experienced ths… and understand whats going on.. i mean i dont know. I am just crazy about him as a result i dont know if i have to delete him in my skype and fb and SKOUT so i can move on.. or i should continue the challenge of trying to know him?? But im gettin hurt with my owm though everytime i think of him but he has no messages for me.. :( i dont know if he likes me or interested.??
    Or he is just busy?? Ughhh ok.

3. avatarLavinia says:

I met this guy when I first started high school. At first I hated him because he used one of my best friends at the time, and I knew from the beginning that I shouldn’t trust guys like that. But then we had this trip for a whole week where we went somewhere everyday (residential) and I fell for him. Hard. It took me 3 months to get over him and it eventually worked. But then we had another trip again this time non residential and I feel for him again but this time he showed a lot of interest in me. He even asked one of my friends for my number after the trip was over. And there was something so magical about it. And eventually I told him I liked him and he admitted he liked me too. But then he did something I can never forget, a few weeks after and, it hurt so badly. And then I realised I have to get over this ****hole. But its hard and I’ve come to realise I’ve got to move on. He doesn’t deserve me. And this article really helped me getting over him I’m not there yet. But I think I almost am.

4. avatarMarijoy says:

I have this crush on a guy in my chruch but am not talking to him cause am shy and he is also shy but the more i see him the more i fall deeply in love with him and i dont know if he love me

5. avatarNikki says:

Well writing this is harder them I thought! Haven’t you ever wonder why u care so much for someone? Well I’ve know this guy for almost 4 years and I’ve liked him since the day I meet him. I don’t know why I was so attracted to him or why I even started getting this feeling. Everyone told me it was obvious that I liked him but I didn’t think so. I had friends tell him secretly and when I found out they blamed it on someone totally differnt. So all this years I hated that one person to find out the person I trusted the must told him and last year or two ago i kinda told him I like him but didn’t throw the question out there. He told me I was a good friend and I was like a sister but it didn’t make since cuz we were always hanging out and flirting and all touchy touchy. I honestly don’t know what to think he hasn’t dated anyone since I’ve know him and he has never talked about any girl. Well besides this one friend of mine started messaging him and flirty with h and all that. She would screen shot there messages and send them to me becuz she knew how much it bugged me. I decided I was done seein wat they would say and I told him to tell her to quit sending there messages to me and he like I’m sorry and blah blah blah and since I’ve called him out on it he has never talked to her since. But of he liked her why would he just stop talkin to her cuz I found out. Help someone

6. avatarHayley says:

Okay. So I am In high school, and I have been crushing on my brothers best Friend Named Logan. I got the confindence to tell him and He Replied with Your not my type because you are Too ‘big’ for me. So I then cried and didn’t eat for a bit. Then he apologized and were friends for 2 days and then he said let’s not be friends anymore. And I am Still Inlove with him. 2 months after he said He Didn’t like me. And All together I have Loved him for 5 months.

• avatarAngela says:

He seems like a jerk, it’s best to move on even though it may seem hard. I’ve been in a similar position, try hanging out with some of you better friends or just make new ones. Also maybe going on blind dates with your friends? It’s best to meet someone new to help you forget about someone you may have been obsessing over. (:

7. avatarcler besa says:

thanks for youre advice its really help to me to get over my crush

8. avatarmia says:

He’s my high school crush. he chatted me on facebook that he likes me and he even say i love you to me but the thing is when we see each other, I mean we see in personal He didn’t act like he likes me. He just always stared at me and He didn’t say He likes me in person. and now I’m confuse if i should really believe on what he say or not! I’m afraid that he might play on my feeling..

Reply plz!

9. avatarleonie says:

I really like this boy called *Ben and I told my friend *Madison over text. *Madison then told *Ben and he text me asking if it was true. I told him it wasn’t and he said good because he has no feelings for me. I felt really upset that he has no feelings for me, but Atleast I know how he feels. The only thing that’s bothering me is that when my friend *Madison told him I liked him he said nothing will ever happen between us unless I tell him myself I like him, and I think I’ve just ruined my chance. Please give me some advice on how to get over him:(
    *names have been changed

10. Pingback: 5 Ways to Fight Yourself: How to Get Over A Crush | Breakfree!

11. avatartired forgetting my crush says:

hey im trying my best to forget my crush but it seems impossible to me many times in a week i see my crush as we are in same college if i also want to forget my crush i cant

12. avatarEllie says:

Thanks for your advice, it has really helped :-)

13. avatarJennifer says:

Hey Elizeah,I have gone through the same things and have always wondered if he liked me 2 but that was until I got tired of chasing a broken dream, face the facts and try to move one,i am not completely over my crush either but i have faced the facts and am taking one step at a time, do the same.

14. avatarElizeah says:

I really love this guy who goes to my school and I used to really hate him because he would play so many pranks on me but all of a sudden I fell head over heels for him and he has a gf. Im trying to get over him but I can’t

15. avatarCorey Jennings says:

This seems wierd, as this is supposed to help girls, but i’m a guy. but i have these feelings for my bestmates girlfriend, and i’m trying to get over her, because i know it isn’t going to work between us. and there’s nothing i can do about these feelings :/

16. avatarAlice says:

I like this guy…and he has told me that he didn’t like me back. {He made sure that heard the conversation }But now I just want to get over it!!Any other easy tips on getting over someone and stop being redicilious awkward ..please

17. avatarHannah says:

I met this guy at my uni economic tutorial class and I don’t know what love at first sight really means but think I really felt it. The moment I saw him I melted, right there. Then we started talking, just on general stuffs like school work. I don’t even know his name is Leo or Leon nor I know his last name. But I can’t stop thinking about him. The more he talks, the more affection it have for him :( I’ve never really had a crush on anyone and it’s killing me cos I think I’m falling too fast and he’s not moving an inch

• avatarDianneL. says:

Omg we are in the same trouble. :(
      :’(

• avatarDianneL. says:

I think the only way is to never see & hear about him/her at all..
      But am i really sure he doesnt like me??
      Am i? Im not sure! And if he do i wanna know and how??
      I dont wanna just lost him in my sight if he actually has the feelings for me??.. :( oh so hard.

18. avatarmedeline says:

i was infatuated with a guy…who is from the college(he is a junior). at times i felt like we connected when we crossed each other and then i’d feel guilty cos he already has a girlfriend..not that he actually likes me but because i think he likes me too..Gosh!just waana get over with this issue

• avatarmarried and crushing says:

im married and he is too…and im like serious crushing hard on this guy….I see him everyday…and knowing we both are married I know its not going anywhere..but the crush is there I know hes interested in me he give it away so easily…but its so hard to not like him.

19. avatarEliza says:

I met this guy through a monthly meeting for students. I crushed on him from our very first conversation. For a whole year I’ve been hiding my feelings from him. We go to different colleges and I’m friends with his family. Just last week we were at a function together and I could swear on my heart that he felt the same about me as I do with him.. The thing is that I’m going away on exchange for a year. I don’t think I’ll be able to forget him:/.