He says, “It started because I wasn’t a huge water fan and working in the hotel industry, I had easy access to Coke.” Well it turns out William’s beverage preference decayed his teeth to the point that he got blood poisoning. He had to have his remaining thirteen teeth removed and now has dentures.
William is actually being used as a case study by Australian health experts to warn teens and children about the negative effects of soft drinks. Dr. Jason Armfield of the Australian Research Centre for Population Oral Health has made a movement to print health warnings on soft drink labels.
It’s not a caffeine issue but rather a sugar problem. Sure, you see the nutritional values on soda cans. The average 12 oz can of Coke has 39 grams of sugar. Doesn’t seem like a lot does it? What if I told you that 39 grams of sugar is 10 sugar cubes? 10!
Think about that before you reach for a soda next time. Soft drinks are fine in moderation, just be careful you’re not drinking so much that your teeth fall out!
Do you drink soft drinks? How many per day? Tell me in the comments!