8 Tips On How To Get Rid Of Cramps When You’re On Your Period

I don’t think I need to remind you girls that getting your period can be a major bummer for a lot of reasons. For me, the worst thing about getting my period has always been some seriously horrible PMS. When I was younger, I used to get the worst cramps ever. I’m talking so bad that at least one day a month, I either be late or miss school all together because I was in so much pain.

I’m sure most of you can relate. Ugh… aren’t period cramps the worst?! I don’t get them as much anymore (thank God), but maybe that’s because I tried out about a million ways to get rid of them. The upside of that? I can now share my tips with you guys. So, wondering how to get rid of cramps… or at least make them better? Check out these 8 tips that will make that time of the month that much easier.

Do you get really bad menstrual cramps? Did you find these tips helpful? What’s your advice for getting rid of cramps? Tell us in the comments.

5 Crazy Period Myths

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

Posted in: Your Body
Tags: , , , ,

1. avatarRae says:

I have been having excruciating periods since I was 12 and I am now 38 and it has gotten worse since I’ve gotten older. Longer periods, sometimes 2 1/2 weeks, extremely heavy some days where I go thru 2 pads and a tampon within an hour and my doctors office seem to think that it’s normal. Blood clots the size of a walnut, at times the size of a lemon. A few months ago I had an ultrasound and they told me I have at least 2 fibroids, one the size of a lemon and the other the size of a grapefruit, but they have not suggested any treatment and I have explained how bad it is. Every month missing days at work unless the worst days fall on the weekend. I do not know what to do, a hysterectomy may be my best option. I have 2 children and do not plan on having any other children.

2. avatarAlyasa says:

I’m having very sharp pains right now. I’m trying to find another was to ease to pain rather than taking pill, they don’t do anything for me and sometimes makes me throw up :-(…I heard pickle juice helps.. idk ill try anything at this point

3. avatarchloe green says:

Im only 12 years old and I suffer from cramps badly, cramps are the worst and sometimes I don’t what to do with my self.i don’t think these tips have worked

• avatarCoraleah says:

I find with really bad cramps because i get them myself( to the point where i cant sleep my first few nights) is advil liquid gels the extra strength with a hot water bottle on either my back or tummy helps sooth it out to actually sleep or get through the day.

4. avatarJackie says:

I Need Help !!!!!!

5. avatarLydia says:

I usually only get cramps on the first day and they are not usually that bad and I can cope with them with a few painkillers, but recently they have been really bad and I threw up so what I did was instead of a bath I took a shower and took the shower head and poured the water on my lower stomache and back and sat down while slowly massaging and breathing

6. avatarRyan says:

Tried most of these, didn’t work that much. Holy crap I’m in soo much pain. I’m doubled over crying, help!!!

7. avatarKatelyn says:

I get the worst cramps… Often times if I’m at school my cramps can get so bad I throw up, and cry because the pain is so intense. I feel like there is a war going on down there! The best part about cramps is that mine last for a longgg time too, so that only makes cramps just the best ever! *sarcastically said*

8. avatarinternet user says:

I have got mild and really bad cramps and I have a question. When I am on my period, I get really bad hot flashes. I want to know if it is normal for some people to get them or not.

9. avatarDejah says:

This isn’t fun being a girl ! Guys are so lucky .
    Nine of these tips aren’t helping, I look’d up so many and I don’t know what to do. I need new tips please. Why do we have to have this for ?!

10. avataralicia says:

Hi i have loads of bad cramps and this time its in the middle of the night im 16 and i am just crying my eyes out i just had some painkillers my period is really heavy which doesnt help none of those tips have worked so i have no idea what to do! Please help i really have no idea what to do

• avatarSavannah says:

Hey Allcia I’m only a year older and I have the same problem, I went to the doctor and got given birth control pills (three different types) before they found one that my body agreed with, I use Cilest pills, trust me they relay help, I do get one day (first day of the period) that I do get not severe or mild pain but somewhere in between but my periods are lighter than they used to be, if you can’t afford the doctor or are too embarrassed maybe try a Brooks clinic?