Survey: Your First Bra Shopping Experience

Lizzie McGuire had a traumatizing first bra shopping experience, and fortunately I did not. I didn’t have to fight with my mom to get one or admit it in front of my best guy friend. I didn’t really need it, but all the other girls in my grade were getting bras so I felt like I had to. Despite being a super clumsy and awkward middle-schooler, buying my first bra wasn’t that bad.

I went with my mom just on a regular shopping trip, it wasn’t like some special expedition. It was from Limited Too because that was a really cool store back in my day. It was white and it had a little stitched blue butterfly on it. I got a couple of sports bras too, but really they had nothing to support at the time.

Did you do this? Source: We Heart It

Did you do this? Source: We Heart It

I almost wished something wild had happened so I had a good story to tell! But I’m sure y’all have lots of crazy bra shopping stories so fill out our new survey and fill us in… just copy and paste these questions into the comments:

1. First off, how old are you?

2. Okay, how long have you been wearing a bra?

3. How old were you when you bought your first bra?

4. Were you the first out of your friends to buy a bra?

5. Where did you buy your first bra?

6. Did you get sized?

7. Did you actually buy the size you needed?

8. What color was it?

9. Who took you bra shopping?

10. Would you have rather gone shopping by yourself?

11. Were you nervous to get your first one?

12. Were you embarrassed to go bra shopping or did you feel cool?

13. Did you run into your crush during your shopping trip?

14. Did you know how to put it on right away or did you get stuck?

15. Did anything embarrassing happen while you were shopping?

16. How many bras do you own now?

17. What’s your favorite bra you’ve ever owned?

19. Do you think bra shopping is fun now?

Take more fun surveys here!

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

Posted in: Survey Says
Tags: , , , ,

1. avatarValerie says:

1. First off, how old are you?

2. Okay, how long have you been wearing a bra?
    A year

3. How old were you when you bought your first bra?
    First real bra? 11

4. Were you the first out of your friends to buy a bra?
    Two years too late

5. Where did you buy your first bra?
    Walmart
    6. Did you get sized?

7. Did you actually buy the size you needed?
    Yeah

8. What color was it?
    White, nude, and pink

9. Who took you bra shopping?
    My mom

10. Would you have rather gone shopping by yourself?
    No way

11. Were you nervous to get your first one?
    Yes. I couldn’t stop smiling and my mom was looking at me weirdly.
    12. Were you embarrassed to go bra shopping or did you feel cool?
    Embarrassed. I ran away while we were paying

13. Did you run into your crush during your shopping trip?

14. Did you know how to put it on right away or did you get stuck?
    I couldn’t put it on. My mom had to do it for me

15. Did anything embarrassing happen while you were shopping?
    My mom was determined to get me a bralette and not a real bra and she looked everywhere for my size. EVERYWHERE!!

And my sister kept opening the dressing room door.

16. How many bras do you own now?
    8. 3 real bras, 3 strappy sports bras(they’re actually training bras) and 2 sports bras.
    17. What’s your favorite bra you’ve ever owned?
    My nude bra
    Nope. I got it yesterday.

19. Do you think bra shopping is fun now?
    Not really. Especially if you have to go with your 5 year old sister.
    Not going with my five year old sister saying that she wanted one too.

Read more: http://www.gurl.com/2013/01/27/first-bra/#ixzz38OzXL427

2. avatarcara says:

1. First off, how old are you? 16

2. Okay, how long have you been wearing a bra? 4 years

3. How old were you when you bought your first bra? 11-12

4. Were you the first out of your friends to buy a bra? no

5. Where did you buy your first bra? Target

6. Did you get sized? no

7. Did you actually buy the size you needed? not really

8. What color was it?white

9. Who took you bra shopping? nobody

10. Would you have rather gone shopping by yourself?

11. Were you nervous to get your first one? yes

12. Were you embarrassed to go bra shopping or did you feel cool? emb

13. Did you run into your crush during your shopping trip? no

14. Did you know how to put it on right away or did you get stuck? a little rough

15. Did anything embarrassing happen while you were shopping? no

16. How many bras do you own now? many

17. What’s your favorite bra you’ve ever owned? pink polka dot from VS

18. Would you have picked out a different bra if you were buying your first one today? probably

19. Do you think bra shopping is fun now? kinda

Read more: http://www.gurl.com/2013/01/27/first-bra/#ixzz2rQikX4KH

3. avatarAlexa says:

1. First off, how old are you? 14

2. Okay, how long have you been wearing a bra? 5 years

3. How old were you when you bought your first bra? 9

4. Were you the first out of your friends to buy a bra? Probably

5. Where did you buy your first bra? Walmart

6. Did you get sized? No

7. Did you actually buy the size you needed? Nope

8. What color was it? Blue

9. Who took you bra shopping? My mom

10. Would you have rather gone shopping by yourself? No

11. Were you nervous to get your first one? Definitely

12. Were you embarrassed to go bra shopping or did you feel cool?
    Embarrassed
    13. Did you run into your crush during your shopping trip?
    I didn’t have a crush.
    14. Did you know how to put it on right away or did you get stuck?
    Sort of knew
    15. Did anything embarrassing happen while you were shopping?
    My mom said she was proud of me.
    16. How many bras do you own now?
    40-50
    17. What’s your favorite bra you’ve ever owned?
    Polka dot push up from Victoria’s Secret
    19. Do you think bra shopping is fun now?
    I love it!
    Buying the right size

4. avatarDavid says:

1. First off, how old are you? 13

2. Okay, how long have you been wearing a bra? a few months

3. How old were you when you bought your first bra? 13

4. Were you the first out of your friends to buy a bra? not sure

5. Where did you buy your first bra? Bijou boutique

6. Did you get sized? yes

7. Did you actually buy the size you needed? yes

8. What color was it? pale blue

9. Who took you bra shopping? Mom

10. Would you have rather gone shopping by yourself? too scared

11. Were you nervous to get your first one? a little

12. Were you embarrassed to go bra shopping or did you feel cool? embarrassed at first

13. Did you run into your crush during your shopping trip? no… she doesn’t know yet

14. Did you know how to put it on right away or did you get stuck? the lady showed me then I did it at home alot

15. Did anything embarrassing happen while you were shopping? apparently I blushed alot

16. How many bras do you own now? 4

17. What’s your favorite bra you’ve ever owned?Amonea Lara bra

18. Would you have picked out a different bra if you were buying your first one today? not sure

19. Do you think bra shopping is fun now? YES!!

20. If you could change one thing from your first bra shopping experience, what would it be?That the sales lady be more friendly

5. Pingback: The 22 Most Memorable Things That Happened To Lizzie McGuire | Cakado / Buzz

6. Pingback: The 22 Most Memorable Things That Happened To Lizzie McGuire | Baron Post

7. avatarMusicalRose says:

1. First off, how old are you?
    2. Okay, how long have you been wearing a bra?
    2 years
    3. How old were you when you bought your first bra?
    4. Were you the first out of your friends to buy a bra?
    Nope
    5. Where did you buy your first bra?
    Target
    6. Did you get sized?
    Nope
    7. Did you actually buy the size you needed?
    8. What color was it?
    White with rainbow butterflies
    9. Who took you bra shopping?
    Mum
    10. Would you have rather gone shopping by yourself?
    Definitely
    11. Were you nervous to get your first one?
    Kind of
    12. Were you embarrassed to go bra shopping or did you feel cool?
    Embarrassed
    13. Did you run into your crush during your shopping trip?
    14. Did you know how to put it on right away or did you get stuck?
    I knew
    15. Did anything embarrassing happen while you were shopping?
    16. How many bras do you own now?
    17. What’s your favorite bra you’ve ever owned?
    My first one- with the butterflies
    Maybe
    19. Do you think bra shopping is fun now?
    Not really
    I would be on my own

8. avatarClaire says:

1. First off, how old are you?
    2. Okay, how long have you been wearing a bra?
    7-8 years
    3. How old were you when you bought your first bra?
    4. Were you the first out of your friends to buy a bra?
    5. Where did you buy your first bra?
    i cant remember i think new look
    6. Did you get sized?
    7. Did you actually buy the size you needed?
    8. What color was it?
    white
    9. Who took you bra shopping?
    my mum
    10. Would you have rather gone shopping by yourself?
    11. Were you nervous to get your first one?
    12. Were you embarrassed to go bra shopping or did you feel cool?
    very embarrassed
    13. Did you run into your crush during your shopping trip?
    no but a group of cool girls from school
    14. Did you know how to put it on right away or did you get stuck?
    i got stuck
    15. Did anything embarrassing happen while you were shopping?
    16. How many bras do you own now?
    17. What’s your favorite bra you’ve ever owned?
    my black one it makes me feel older
    19. Do you think bra shopping is fun now?
    no still embarrassing
    pick a more grown up bra not one with cupcakes on them

9. avatarEmily1998 says:

1. First off, how old are you?
    14 almost 15
    2. Okay, how long have you been wearing a bra?
    4 years
    3. How old were you when you bought your first bra?
    11 for a sports bra and 13 for a regular one
    4. Were you the first out of your friends to buy a bra?
    5. Where did you buy your first bra?
    Sears for the sports bra and Walmart for the regular one
    6. Did you get sized?
    7. Did you actually buy the size you needed?
    8. What color was it?
    My sports bras were pink and white and my regular ones were numerous colours
    9. Who took you bra shopping?
    My mom
    10. Would you have rather gone shopping by yourself?
    No it was my first time
    11. Were you nervous to get your first one?
    12. Were you embarrassed to go bra shopping or did you feel cool?
    Embarrassed
    13. Did you run into your crush during your shopping trip?
    Luckily no
    14. Did you know how to put it on right away or did you get stuck?
    Kind of got messed up on the hooks
    15. Did anything embarrassing happen while you were shopping?
    The changing room ladies at Walmart
    16. How many bras do you own now?
    17. What’s your favorite bra you’ve ever owned?
    The coral slightly padded one I have now
    19. Do you think bra shopping is fun now?
    If I didn’t have to do it with my mother
    Nothing it was fine

10. avatarforever17 says:

Not saying how old I am.
    For quite a few years.
    I got my first one when I was in grade 4, but I didn’t need one.
    I don’t know, they probably got one a bit before or around the same time.
    My cousin gave me my first few, and a family friend. One had tiny cups, and I mean tiny. The rest were sportish bras.The ones I actually bought were from Lasenza Girl.
    No, I never.
    Yep.
    They were all pinks, blacks and pretty blue.
    My mom.
    Nope.
    I went shopping not in my town, and I didn’t have one at that age.
    I knew.