10 Tips On How To Overcome Shyness Around Guys

I’m not afraid to admit it: I’m a shy girl. While I’ve definitely gotten better at being more outgoing over the past few years, I still have plenty of times where I feel totally uncomfortable in a crowded room. When I’m around people I’m not comfortable with, I’m probably not going to say much. And if I have to give some sort of presentation? Forget about it.

One area in which I’ve definitely overcome shyness is dating. In high school, I was the worst flirt ever and I went out of my way to avoid my crushes in the hallway (but I would totally talk to them on AIM IM. It was different!). But since then, I’ve learned how to make myself feel comfortable and confident around the guy I like. I know that a lot of you suffer from feeling super shy around your crush, or around guys in general, and I can totally relate to that. It stinks! But there are some ways you can overcome that shyness.

Are they easy? Hmm, maybe not all that easy. Is it worth it? Yes! Getting over being shy can be tough and sometimes it can take a while. But trust me, it will pay off in the end. There’s nothing wrong with being quiet and reserved, but you’re awesome – your voice deserves to be heard! Being shy can be really negative on your social and dating life, and I want you guys to have some awesome experiences that aren’t painfully awkward for you. So I’m here to give you a few tips on how to overcome shyness around guys. Ready? Check it out:

Are you shy? How do you deal with it? What are your own tips for overcoming shyness? Tell us in the comments.

How to make a long-term relationship work

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

Posted in: Love Advice
Tags: , , , ,

1. Pingback: 10 Tips On How To Overcome Shyness Around Guys | The Malaysian Times

2. avatarLerato says:

Yeah i agree being around some1 u have a crush to can make u shy.this has also happened to me even now around my boyfriend

3. avatarPatricia says:

For me, I’m afraid that, if other people see us talking together, they will make fun of me. I’m afraid that I will not know what to say if one of his friends comes over while we are talking. And I’m afraid that he’ll smirk at me for trying to talk to him. Usually, I’ll wait to see if he tries to talk to me a couple of times before confirming that he likes me as well.

4. avatarJen says:

I so shy around my crush, really really shy. Im really quiet! I’m normally foolish and an “idiot” but when I come around him with my friends I’m really shy, quiet and nervous. I try to be myself, everytime I feel like I’m just being weird, then I realize I’m being. Weird for being quiet and, ohhh, it hate it. My crush already knows I like him but how can I get over my shyness and start talking to him?! He doesn’t mind if I would talk to him, it’s just that I’m so shyyyyyy!

5. Pingback: Turn Down The Shyness. Turn Up The Confidence By @DoomedSingleB - Singles Warehouse

6. avatarBreastlover says:

Breasts are sexy.

• avatarAnthony says:

I agree. Interesting how powerful a crush is when a girl has one. It’s amazing actually. Most girls once they have a crush on a guy they don’t let up. It’s like it lasts for years in some cases. Amazing. No matter what the guy does, sometimes the girl still has a crush on him. He could even have another girlfriend.

7. Pingback: This Is The First Woman To Deliver Presidential Inaugural Invocation [Candy Dish] : CollegeCandy – Life, Love & Style For The College Girl

8. avatarOli charity says:

Despite my age am still shy because i felt they will not like me and that has been one of the problems am having when am with a guy.