Hey Gurls! I’m your newest friendly face here, and I wanted to take some time to share a few fun facts about me. You may have seen me on CollegeCandy, but now I’m here at Gurl and couldn’t be more excited! I want to be very open with my you all, so here we go! I graduated from the University of Alabama last May and moved up to New York in August. It’s been a wild ride so far, and I’m so glad to have you along with me.
I really like lists. So without futher ado, here are 10 things you should know about me:
1. I’m an amazing juggler. I learned at camp when I was in 6th grade, and it became a random talent that just stuck. I wanted to be in the circus, but I’m afraid of clowns.
2. I’m terrified of fish. Like really, irrationally afraid. This comes after a snorkeling incident from my childhood, and I won’t even go in the ocean if I can’t see my feet.
3. I love, love, love Harry Potter. I’m that girl. I will gladly stop what I’m doing if ABC Family has an HP marathon on, I own a wand, I’ve played Quidditch.
4. I drink more coffee than water. It’s not healthy, I know. But I can’t help it. I generally have a latte and my phone attached to my hand at all times.
5. I shop at thrift stores. I shop at regular stores too, but I go to Goodwill a lot. I find stuff that’s too big and alter it. I found a Dior blazer for $4 once. You never know what you’ll find!
6. My eyes change color. They’re usually green, but they change quite frequently to blue or gray or gold-ish.
7. I’m the only Southerner in my family. I’m a Georgia peach, born and raised. Everyone else in my family is from Long Island, NY.
8. I love sports. I grew up around lacrosse and football. I’d rather watch a game over reality TV anyday. And I went to Alabama, you have to love football. And we just won our 15th National Championship so…no big deal.
9. Starbucks has only spelled my name right once. I get Caitilin, Kaitlin, Katelyn, Kathleen, ???, and more. But one time I did say my name was Voldemort and they wrote “He who must not be named,” which was the coolest.
10. I’ve had four near death experiences, and I’m only 22. Hopefully, I won’t have anymore in the near future. Knock on wood.
You’ll learn a lot about me as we move forward. I mean, I know this relationship is new. I don’t want to go too fast. I want y’all to feel like you can chat with me so feel free to ask me questions in the comments!
Check out these self-esteem boosters and get happy!