From The Message Boards: Is It Possible To Love Two People At Once?

Ugh… emotions and feelings can be so annoying sometimes. Wouldn’t life be so much less messy without them? I guess so… but it would also be a whole lot more boring, when I really think about it. But still – sometimes our feelings can turn on us and make things super complicated. What am I trying to get at it, exactly? That moment when you have feelings for more than one person at one time.

I saw this topic being discussed in the message boards and wanted to see what else you guys had to say about it. Do you think you can be in love with two people at the same time? Or should that kind of love be reserved for only one person? Read what these girls had to say and then tell us your thoughts.

prettygurlkrissy said:
Can you love two people at once? I think that people get too wrapped up in dumb morals that society has set up for us… why is cheating so bad unless you do it to intentionally hurt someone or to feel like pimp? If they don’t know and you love them anyway, why does it matter? But do you think its possible to love more than one person?

shopaholic17 said:
When it comes to love, there is no normal. Feelings are different for everyone. I think it’s definitely possible to love two people at once. That’s not the problem. The problem is, you’re going to have to choose between the two eventually. If you truly care about them both, you won’t want to hurt them. Because even though you can love two people at once, you can never love them equally or have an honest relationship with either.

leslie_love16 said:
In our society, it is morally wrong to cheat and is looked down upon. But if you want to defy the societal norms, then go right ahead. Though you will only end up hurting people and will be looked down upon by others. I think it is possible to love two people at once. But they’re not your true love. You only ever have one true love.

My opinion? Personally, I’ve never loved two people at once – but I do think it’s possible. We as humans are really complicated and have a lot of different emotions and feelings going on all the time. Of course there are going to be times where we have really strong feelings for two different people at the same time. Sometimes, we can’t control our emotions as much as we wish we could.

What do you think: can you love two people at once? Have you ever been in that situation? If you don’t think it’s possible, tell us why. Talk about it in the comments.

How do you talk to a super shy crush?

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

Posted in: Boards, Discuss
Tags: , ,

1. avatarbroadmindedgurl says:

I am so so so so very glad this question is being asked. Love I think is such a false word that has been artificially created to reflect something we dont understand very well.
    Love is actually an attraction and the emotions that go with it that drives us to wanting to have sex.
    I have always been more close to guys than to girls. I am 15 now and I have had many guy friends. Many of them older too. I have an older brother and through him Ive got to know many of his friends.
    I hope no one thinks I am being loose and a slut for saying this but I have been going out with 3 guys, all at the same time. It is so cool because no one suspects anything.
    Recently we were chatting and somehow the topic drifted to having sex. it was great because we discussed everything.
    I have known these 3 guys for a very long time and there is nothing that we dont talk about. Chris is older than the other 2 and I think he is a cutie. We were in his apartment when we were having the conversation. He came up to me and asked me if I would have sex with him even though there is such a huge age difference. This has always been my dream and I said “yes” and then I asked him, what about Mike and Gary. I said, you know how I like all of you. I think they were stunned and were more embarrassed than me. They had great deal of anxiety coming to terms with having sex with me at the same time. They took it in turns because they were too shy to do it together. I lost my virginity to Chris and then I did it with Mike and finally Gary. I really like all 3 of them.
    Recently, we have started meeting up and we do it together. It is great fun and I have the benefit of 3 guys giving me pleasure. It is prolonged and feels great.
    To me such a relationship can thrive.

2. avatarfeminazi says:

Since we are already forcing people to be heterosexual, let’s also force them to be monogamous.

There is no right or wrong way to love. So long as everything is consensual and nobody is getting hurt, what on earth does it matter? You can only make decisions on YOUR lovelife and nobody elses.

3. avatarxizzbabesx2108 says:

No loves avery complex emotion and people including me say ‘i love you ‘ far too much without really truly loving them eg people who r only in there teens do this far too much personally I don’t really believe in love I only say it to make my partner feel better about themselves when they say it to me. To be truthful what you are talking about ‘ love ‘ is just a bunch of chemicals and hormones that are triggered off by different types of people and ‘ love ‘ is just the name we have given to this type of chemical and hormonal reaction so I guess if it’s possible to be attracted to different people then I guess in your words it is possible to ‘ love ‘ another too.