* Estrogen is a group of hormones produced by ovaries, adrenal glands, and male testes (yes, dudes have estrogen, too!)
* Girls and women have a far greater amount of estrogen than men do, as estrogen helps the development and maintenance of the female reproductive system, and helps regulate your period.
* Estrogen is also pretty important for bone health, which is why guys have it, too.
* Low estrogen levels can make you more prone to anxiety or mood disorders–high levels can help you deal better in stressful situations.
* Birth control pills contain estrogen, mimicking the increased amount of estrogen the female body produces during pregnancy.
Are you on birth control to regulate your hormones? Did you know that guys have estrogen, too? Tell us in the comments!