How Do I Tell Him I’m A Virgin?

Check out what’s new on our boards! Right now, girls are talking about how to talk about your virginity with a guy:

Missfiction said:

I want to be a virgin until I get married for religious and personal reasons. Every time my mom hears this from me, she’s all like, “yeah, sure” like I’m not going to make it until then. I know hormones and stuff can get the best of you and what if I have a boyfriend one day and we get carried away? I don’t want to be one of those girls who doesn’t want to give it up until marriage and then accidentally gives it away. How can I avoid this but still have a boyfriend? My mom says all boys want is sex. Is this true? If I do have a boyfriend, then how can I tell him I’m a virgin?

Got something to add to this convo? Then go for it, girl! Give this girl advice on how to tell a guy she’s a virgin.

Need advice on a different topic? Do you have a story you want to share? Post your own thoughts and questions in our boards and start chatting with other girls.

You should follow Gurl on Twitter

Posted in: Boards, Discuss
Tags: , , ,

1. avatartucka says:

BLOW JOBS

2. avatarLysha says:

I think you shouldn’t be ashamed to admit that you are virgin. I don’t know what your age is.. but i’m 22, and i’m completely fine with being a virgin. and i’ve been in relationships before.. my last relationship… I was in love.. but he pressured me way too much into losing it to him. so i broke up with him! All guys want is sex. it’s true!! A lot of people are waiting nowadays.. i read a recent poll stating that people are losing their virginities in they 20-something.. so believe me.. it’s not trendy. I know how it feels when everyone around you is having sex.. and you’re not..
    As for the reason why you are waiting : it’s personal. you don’t need to tell everyone about it.. because not everyone will understand… and please be strong! if you’re in a relationship and he wants to have sex.. and you don’t want. don’t give in to him.. and don’t give up on you! My ex was really bad about it.. he even threatened me about it.

3. avatarcynthia says:

In all honesty I am in the same position as you. I am saving myself for marriage. Yes i’ve had many chances to lose it. I have no problem what so ever telling guys i’m a virgin, it’s like… it’s almost more of an amazing feeling to tell them that. The reason for that is because I do earn on hell of a lot respect from them when I tell them that and they know I have never gone around having sex with other guys. But honestly it’s not something to be ashamed of or embarrassed of because your virginity is like your prized possession and may be very meaningful to you and that’s’ the way I see it. Not all boys want to have sex some but those are rare and most of the time they won’t even bring it up so thats even better. Don’t ask how I did it but i was in a two year relationship without giving myself up to my ex. He respected that and well yeah something to be proud of and it won’t get in the way from not having a boyfriend. :)

4. avatarLissa says:

Okay, first of all, there is absolutely nothing wrong with having sex before getting married. The Christian church only forbides sex without love, adultery and repudiating your partner. Waiting until marriage is absolutely your decision, however, don’t feel obliged to wait just because you are Christian (I’m just guessing here, I’m sorry if you are not!)
    And for telling your boyfriend, I woudn’t. Not until you have been dating for a while and things are getting kind of physical. Saying something like “hey, I’m all about waiting for marriage” in the very first date is not a great idea. Two reasons:
    a) He may think you want him to marry you. Honestly, in a first date, that would creep almost anyone out!
    b) He may think you don’t trust him.
    And Ana is right, not all boys just want sex!

5. avatarTayy says:

Tell him as soon as you feel comfortable, if he’s the right guy he’ll understand. He may admire that in you and no guy will be upset at any girl for being a virgin. Virginity is a gift and if he doesn’t respect the fact that you want to save the gift for the right person,sucks to him.

6. avatarAna says:

If he really loves you then he will accept your decision. And not all boys just want sex, some are nice and accept you wanting to be virgin untill marriage.

• avatarGreg says:

Every guy wants sex regardless. That’s why he’s in the relationship in the first place. SEX SEX SEX. That’s all we think about. Period. End of story.

• avatarGwen says:

Ana is totally right. If he doesn’t respect your decisions he’s not the kind of person you want to be with! Just flat out say it and make things really clear, you expect respect and if he’s to much of an asshole to give it to you then whatever. Guys are human to so sex isn’t everything