Does Online Dating Really Work?

Check out what’s new on our boards! Right now, girls are wondering if online dating really works and if it’s worth a try:

raycheezi said:

So, recently I found myself completely single. Lots of complicated stuff lead up to this point. But I have never really been lonely like I am now. I am not a co-dependent person, so I don’t think that dating is an unhealthy thing to be engaging in.

My problem is meeting people! I have a hard time expressing my true emotions in person, and all the men I meet seem to be dead set on one thing. I think the online aspect is appealing because it feels less impersonal. On the other hand, this seems like a drawback as well.

The thought of online dating seems very terrifying for me. I don’t really want to set up a profile to be scrutinized over. I have self-esteem issues and don’t think judgment from random strangers would help. A Craigslist ad seems dirty and scary. I have heard too many horror stories.

I need your prospective. Has anyone tried it? How were your experiences?

Got something to add to this convo? Then go for it, girl! Tell this girl what you think about online dating and share your experiences here!

Need advice on a different topic? Do you have a story you want to share? Post your own thoughts and questions in our boards and start chatting with other girls.

You should follow Gurl on Twitter

Posted in: Boards, Discuss
Tags: , , , ,

1. avatarLauren says:

I met my boyfriend online, we are so happy together and he is the best thing that has ever happened to me :)

2. avatarShay says:

I found my boyfriend online(: been together for a year and 2 months now<3

3. avatarHeidi says:

I just met my boyfriend online & hes perfect hes the best thing thats ever happened to me :)

4. avatarAnzari Nurulia says:

i never have an online date before but i suggest don’t do that. But if you do, be careful when giving ur information. And also, if he asked u to meet in real life, yeah i mean…not in the virtual world, always bring ur friend or anyone else. Because who know he can be a bad person that want to do sumthin bad. goodluck with that ;)

5. avatarCommonlyMisplaced says:

It has worked for me. It was a little nerve wracking at first but it went away eventually. There are quite a few, lets say.. unpleasant, people that will try to contact you but all you have to do is ignore or block them. Eventually though you might find that one person that will message you and will want to keep talking to him. I met my current boyfriend online and last week was our 6 months anniversary. Although, I had that profile online for about 3 months before he messaged me. So even though it may not be instantaneous there is a chance you may find a good guy for you.

6. avatarali says:

hi my friend,s i hope that,s u r all fine ,good, and happy
    i am also withen u

7. avatarshakir says:

nic pic

8. avatarshelly says:

i’ve tried the CL thing. i found my best guy friend, a few slimeballs (hey, that’s why u can block any number u don’t feel comfortable with. CL protects ur email, so u have theirs, but they don’t have y