If I Lose Weight, Will That Get Guys To Like Me?

losing weight for a guy

Don’t ever lose weight to please someone else | Source: ShutterStock.com

Check out what’s new on our boards! Right now, girls are wondering if losing weight will help make guys like them:

Alyssa1999 said:

I’m 13, I’m 5 ft. and I’m 210 pounds. I’m bubbly, funny, loud, a tomboy and I am very country. I like guys A LOT, but nobody ever seems to look at me and I’ve never had anyone like me (except one guy a few years ago, but no one serious/major). I would really like to date, but it seems that no one can ever see past my weight!

I am currently trying to lose weight (100 pounds is my goal). Do you think that if I lost weight that I could find someone for me? It’s hard enough to find a country guy who is everything I want, but even harder when he can’t see past your size (which is 18).

I love my curves, and I try to be positive, so I don’t need any advice on that.

POINT IS: :: :: Do you think some one would like me if I was smaller in size?

Thanks!!

We just need to make a quick comment here: ladies, you never need to lose weight in order to get anyone to like you. This girl sounds totally awesome – and if a dude can’t see past what you look like, then you most definitely don’t want him around. Trust us on that. Also? The only reason (besides health reasons) you should lose weight is for yourself. Doing it for approval from others? Never, ever worth it.

Got something to add to this convo? Then go for it, girl! Let this girl know what you think about losing weight and trying to get guys to like you.

Need advice on a different topic? Do you have a story you want to share? Post your own thoughts and questions in our boards and start chatting with other girls.

How do I talk to my boyfriend?

You should follow Gurl on Twitter

Posted in: Boards, Discuss
Tags: , , , , , ,

1. avatarbigGurl says:

I lost my mom when I was 13 and I was very emotional. I had a bf who was 15 and we were close but we didnt do anything. When my mom died I needed some closeness and I wanted him near me all the time. I even agreed to sex with him but he wouldnt becoz he said I was fat. I felt so horrible and cried my heart out.
    I then met my friends brother who is 22 and he was so nice to me. He was so caring and we got really close. He didnt bother about my weight and he liked me a lot. I realised I wanted to lose my virginity to him and he arranged for me to go to his place. He made me feel the best and the sex was just so sweet and I felt the warmth. The intimacy was just mind blowing. I didnt care he was older. He was so cool about it too. He gave me the plan B and then we had unprotected sex when I lost my virginity. I trusted him and for 3 days we had almost non stop unprotected sex. I got my period 4 days later.

He was my confidence booster. I will be 15 in a few months but I have had 2 bfs since and they have all been a lot older.

2. avatarkaizux says:

To Gianna:

Well I am sorry that you think that it is okay but I do not. Majority of society’s opinions have changed and I do not like them. Sorry. Obviously I am not above nature. I am just as human as you are. When I was 13 I thought I knew everything and was ready for everything. But now that I look back I just think that I was crazy. I am not going to stop her. If she wants to do it, by all means do it. I just do not think it is right and that will not change. I get relating to people that are older than you but 18 year old men aren’t usually looking for friendships. At 13 that is what you are supposed to be looking for. I find it kind of wrong yes. 18 is an adult and 13 is a teen. Just because we have instincts and because we feel certain ways doesn’t mean we should act on them. I want to beat up about half of the people I know. But I don’t because that is obviously wrong. But yes you are right. 13 is a teenager. I just consider it a preteen now as I find 16 more suitable to call a teen. That is my personally opinion though. oh yeah. That’s where we get the ‘teens’ from :P

Oh, and I am 18 actually. I was just raised with different morals than you. At the end of the day let’s just agree to disagree. nothing is wrong with neither of our opinions and that is okay.

• avatarprettyLilbabe says:

yes you are right Kaizux, this is your opinion and NOT shared by everyone else or other teen girls who are perfectly happy and adjusted in their relationships with older guys.
      You dont even understand that 13 is a teen and you have your own rules about that.
      You may have different morals but those are for you and you alone. It doesn’t make you more virtuous just because you have different rules for yourself.
      Remember being judgemental is the worst thing that you can do and no matter how many morals you have this is the biggest injustice you can do to anyone.
      So, stop putting yourself on the pedestal dishing out rules and opinions and expecting others to follow. Stop judging. You need to be tolerant and accepting. That will be a more attractive trait.
      Girls will do what they want to do depending on the influences and their circumstances. This is a place to share such experiences. No one comes on here expecting to be belittled or judged. You have done exactly that. Let others share their experiences without the fear of being judged. That is a mark of being civilised.
      Far from what you may think, some 13 yr olds can decide what they want in life. They may not know everything but thats exactly what developing experience is all about. People need to learn from their experiences. Even a “bad experience” is a valuable learning lesson. Bad experience to you may be a “not so bad” experience to others. Have you heard of the saying “one man’s food is the other man’s poison” So are experiences.

3. avatarIfartmexico says:

You write really well for a 13 year old

Guys do like skinny girls, especially younger guys.

Not thin thin where your spine and ribs are protruding, but damn near.

The beyonce/marylin monroe/ j-lo type curves are probably the most

Coveted. But the average guy seems to be perfectly fine with a slender

Girl. Like I said, very thin but no pointy parts :)

• avatarJacinta Lee says:

I agree, isn’t it great to see how more mature a 13 yr old can be?
      I think all guys like slim girls ( not necessarily skinny skinny)
      Fat is ugly and reflects on the girl itself. I think especially these days girls need to be a lot more aware of theit bodies and be more interested in being healthy and fit.
      Fat = lazy and NO guy is going to be interested in a lazy slob. Simple truth.
      The other extreme anorexia ! That is so ugly too. Have you seen an anorexic girl.
      They look disgusting, just bones sticking out and they think they are pretty and attractive. That situation is real yucky. How can any guy want that?

I am glad thst some 13 yr olds have come out and made comments and are taking part in this debate. Can you believe many have boyfriends too and have done the hoochie koochee too. I think that is so good that they have made their minds up themselves.

4. avatarHateToBeFat says:

Fat girls are “ready to date, eager to mate”
    Fat girls waste their time getting fat, why cant they spend more time being healthy.
    To be fat means you dont respect yourself. In that case how do you expect guys to respect you.
    A lot of fatties just stuff their faces with all the wrong foods. Then they complain they cannot lose weight. Well go see a dietitian. Exercise and get rid of some of that unsightly lard.
    I agree sometimes being fat is due to a disease process but dont use that as an excuse. Americans are the fattest, slobbiest, “eat all you want for one dollar types”
    Just look at the amount of sugary drinks and the carbs they consume. Every food has sugar in it or that grotesque fructose corn syrup. Even the turkey for special occasions ( like thanksgiving) is deep fried. Isn’t there some kind of decent American cuisine?
    How can you be attractive being so fat and ugly?

5. avatarmel says:

Tell me truthfully, which girl would go for a fat, ugly, smelly boy who sweats and stinks and with his thighs rubbing together and a tummy so big he has never seen his own penis?
    I bet no girl would even give him a second look, maybe out of curiosity but not because they are attracted to him.
    In the same way, dont expect guys to lust after a fat girl.
    Dont be lazy, get fit. PLZ DONT GET ANOREXIC. THAT WOULD BE HIGHLY UNNATTRACTIVE. ANOREXIC GIRLS LOOK LIKE SKELETONS WITH A CONDOM PULLED OVER THEM. SO BE FIT NOT ANOREXIC OR FAT.

6. avatarKaiya says:

As a girl being fat is horrible and ugly. You may say guys should accept you as you are and for who you are. This can happen only if the guy knows you first. If you dont know a guy and you are in an all girls school, then the chance of meeting a guy who likes you when you are fat are poor.
    It is very important as a girl to look good and make sure you are attractive enough for the guy to approach you and chat to you. Those who are fat, please take the trouble of slimming. Not only is being fat unhealthy but also makes your chances of getting a good boy, must less.

• avatarRachel says:

How would being skinny or fit help a girl find a good guy? If the guy was any good he would love the girl no matter what, Stuff like this is what triggers anorexia.

• avatarkristelle says:

Being fit and pretty makes girls confident and secure. That in itself is very attractive.
        Triggers anorexia? rubbish. Dont use these excuses as a justification for anorexia. That is such rubbish. Those girls who suffer from anorexia are weak minded and have a great deal of psych issues. Their threshold for issues is very low. So please dont blame anyone for a girl being anorexic. This is the way society is totally screwed. Everyone else gets blamed but not the individual. How stupid is that? That is a load of hogwash. Anorexia is self inflicted. I have no pity for anorexics. They are extremely manipulative and crafty. So dont use that example.
        Girls have to take their appearances seriously. Guys will hate frumpy, fat, ugly girls. This is the way nature works. The ones that are selected are the one who will go on to produce good offspring. So the onus is on girls to take care of their appearance. I dont mean they should be extreme in their ways and resort to plastic surgery like the stupid Korean girls do

7. avatarAroundtheworld3 says:

I’m 13 too! But I’m 5 feet and 80 pounds so I’m slightly below average. I think a guy should like you for your looks and personality.

8. Pingback: Should I Lose Weight to Save My Relationship?

9. avatarchubbygurl says:

Tell me, would any girl go for a fat, ugly guy?
    We gurls like cute, hot guys. Why do we like justin beiber and 1D??
    None of those guys are fat.
    How then can we expect guys to like fat gurls?
    I hate being fat. I am not that fat but I am chubby but my bf tells me thts becoz I just turned 13. To me older guyz are more understandin and he wus so nice to me wen I lost my virginity to him. I am still wit him 6 months later.
    No one wants u wen you are fat. It takes a patient and undastandin guy 4 tht.

10. avatarEllie says:

I am 13 too and I think it is important to lose weight. I am crazy about my friends brother and hes finished school and about to go to university. He’s now a lot more interested and wants to have sex with me. we have done a lot of things including oral sex and I am okay with that now. I am more comfortable with my body now that I have lost weight. I am going to his place this weekend. I think this will be THE BIG WEEKEND for me. I can’t wait.

• avatarchubbygurl says:

hehehehe, wat happend? did u lose ur virginity? :P

• avatarJordyn says:

One doesn’t just simply be 13 and have sex with an adult going off to a university. WHAT. THEFUHK. Am I the only one who thinks this guy should be caught or am I missing something.

• avatarcarol ann says:

and……….. whats wrong with that Jordyn? She says she is crazy about him. She knows she likes him. So who are you to decide that what she and he are doing is wrong? Yes you are missing something….BRAINS!!!. She is quite okay with doing things with the guy. Obviously he likes her a lot. She probably wants to have her first time before he goes away. I am not sure what’s the big deal. She is probably a lot more aware and confident of herself even though she is 13. I dont see anything wrong with this. Age?… well really.. who cares!!!

• avatarinnocence says:

hahahah she doesnt need to “catch” him!!! She’s already got him..lol
        Jordyn you are one stupid bitch. There is nothing wrong with her wanting to have sex with him. Yes, you said it you are the only one who thinks this way. LOL. Stay where you are – ON THE SHELF..lol.. forever too!!

• avatarKaizux says:

something is wrong with the world. Jordyn I agree. There is absolutely no reason a KID should be having sex or oral sex. 13? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? you haven’t even finished going through puberty! Perhaps you haven’t even started to go through it yet! Besides that, she is 13! This MAN has got to be atleast 18 or older. There is no reason for them to talk that way or act that way. Also, Age is just a number when you are old enough. 13.. and 18.. just no. 25 and 30 sure. they are both adults. But 13 is a child. a kid. At tops a pre-teen. Notice the ”pre”. Meaning before you even turn into a teenager! It doesn’t matter how much you like him you shouldn’t do that. Also, trust me, he doesn’t like her. He likes her body. Which is also disgusting that he finds a child sexy enough to have sex with. Just foul. Majority of you are probably from my generation. Which emplains why all of your opinions are so fucked up.

• avatargianna says:

what an over reaction! why is wrong at 13 to want to have sex? So you think you are above nature? awesome!! NOT
            She obviously isnt a child. She has grown up fast and needs the intimacy. Be it hormones, be it sheer horniness, she is created that way. How are you going to stop her and if you do stop her you think that will last? She has found an older guy because she probably relates well to him. Yes, he may like her body. Is that wrong? Thats what is called sexual attraction.
            How old are you? are you prehistoric..LOL??
            BTW 13 is not preteen. THIR TEEN. See that number 13, has “teen” in it so she is a teenager!!