From The Message Boards: How Can I Get Revenge On My Ex?

Revenge

Is it worth it? | Source: ShutterStock

After you’ve been betrayed, whether it was a friend, family member or boyfriend, revenge can seem so sweet – especially when it comes to a boy who breaks your heart or makes you feel like a fool. Thinking about getting back at that jerk who played you might seem like the best way to deal with things at the time, but is it really?

We saw this topic being discussed in the message boards and we wanted to get more thoughts about this. Would you ever get revenge on an ex? Have you ever? Should this girl try it? Read what she has to say, check out what other girls think and then tell us your opinion.

Oopyttenay said:
So I’ve been talking to this guy for months, and we’ve fooled around on video chat and stuff, but we didn’t actually hook up until a few days ago… in my car. We only got to second base. He had been kind of a jerk the whole time before we hooked up, but I just didn’t pay attention to it. Right after he finished, he said “My girlfriend is gonna be so mad if she finds out.” I was speechless. I had no idea he had a girlfriend! I am so mad and feel really bad about myself. What can I do to teach him a lesson?!?!

x-xbubblebeex-x said:
Be thankful it didn’t go any further, just forget about him. Nothing you can do to him is gonna make the fact that you felt hurt and used go away.

Emily Thorne, the queen of revenge | Source: WENN.com

ToxicDisco said:
Never talk to him again. That’s the biggest revenge you can give him… anything else is going to make you look silly and immature.

Did you notice that there isn’t any advice on an actual revenge plan? Like slashing his tires or spilling his deepest and darkest secrets to the whole school? That’s because revenge is almost never worth it. If you’ve ever watched a movie or even just the show Revenge, you should know that those kinds of plans usually end up backfiring… even more so in real life.

Girls, revenge isn’t going to make you feel better. Sure, at the moment you might feel really great, thinking you gave that dude what he deserved. But after time, you’ll realize it was the immature thing to do – stooping down to a jerk’s level is never the answer. Like these ladies said, the best revenge is moving on and showing that guy you’re perfectly fine without him. When he sees or hears about you having a great time without him, he’ll feel way more bummed out than he would if you did something terrible to him.

Would you get revenge on an ex? Have you ever gotten revenge on anyone? What advice would you give this girl? Tell us in the comments!

Take our survey about your most evil moments ever

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

Posted in: Boards, Discuss
Tags: , ,

1. avatarMele says:

The best way to get back at a man is to dump him and find someone younger n smarter or tell him tht the next d@#% gets better tht makes man piss off lol.

2. avatartiffany says:

he hurted me really bad i wanna get revenge on him and make him look like a big idiot at school he is such a jerk………………..

3. avatarAmy says:

Best revenge I have ever gotten was seeing my ex for the first time in a while after he cheated on me. I was completely dolled up and walking into the same place he was in, and i was having an awesome time with a ton of my (mostly male) friends. He could NOT stop looking over at me and tried so hard to get my attention and it drove him insane that I was giving him none.
    The best type of revenge is that which makes him feel like you don’t need him or want him anymore. He also finished with his girlfriend a few weeks later and is still chasing me!

• avatartiffany says:

wow am gonna try that cause its 3 weeks before i go to school and i mostly hang with the boys at school and they are also his friends…………………..

4. avatarSMOOTH says:

Revenge? Are we still in Jr High?
    Revenge is for kids, Grow up and
    Learn to deal with things that happen
    between two people like an adult.
    I thought this page was better than giving
    Revenge advise, I guess I misjudged.

• avatarLacy says:

What a sensible suggestion. Try acting like adults. Get over it and move on. Revenge only ever consumes the person seeking it anyway.

5. avatarStroitelnica says:
  6. avatarBobbie says:

what about telling his gf?

• avatarAlana says:

Exactly. I would also tell his girlfriend in a nice way that her boyfriend is a cheating jerk. Then when everyone knows how he truly is, no one is going to want to date him, and if he’s gonna be an idiot like that, he deserves it.

• avatarLind says:

yea but u in that case had just so happened to have been the one cheating with him . so i guess it could backfire