Your Complete Guide On How To Be Funny (Without Being Mean!)

how to be funny

She’s doing it wrong–her pal isn’t amused! | Source

One rule to remember when making a joke, whether it’s about yourself, your crush, your BFF, your little brother, or Britney Spears, is to make fun of things that people do, not what they are. If you poke fun at actions that people control (for example, Katy Perry’s questionable dancing and singing ability) rather than what someone looks like (for example, Katy Perry’s acne), you’re more likely to get the audience–even if it’s just your lunch table–on your side. Also important: Never attack someone’s family. Ever.

This is because if you poke fun at someone’s appearance, you can make other people feel self-conscious. They might wonder what you’re secretly judging them on, and that’s never fun–and it’s never funny.

What’s your favorite joke? Who’s your favorite funny lady? Why did the chicken really cross the road? Tell us in the comments!

These Crazy Toys Worked As Birth Control!

Catch Us On The Tweet Side!

Posted in: For Laughs
Tags: , , , ,

1. avatarJasmine says:

Boring………………………….. im not going to MAKE FUN of myself srry….bro but its true dumbest article EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. avatarfhstjddrtdeva says:

The chicken crossed the road to get to the other side …………. heven. Cause it knew its future……… food meaty food

3. avatarfaithygirl01 says:

i am a pritty funny kid one time at summer camp me my cozen and her chush were talking and simon aka my cozens chushsaid somthing really funny and i was well drinking root beer and well i spit all over his shirt we laghed about it for the rest of the week. lol!!!!!!

4. avatarsara says:

Uhmmmm, well I think the funniest thing about me is my clumsiness! I fall all the time while talking to my crush- because i’m so distracted ;D – And we will laugh about it for the rest of the week! It’s also hilarious when I’m trying to be cool around someone I just met and then miss a wall when I try to lean on it… It’s so funny and a total icebreaker.

5. avatarMariana says:

i think im a pretty funny girl. I fell yesterday, laughed at myself, and then saw that my knee was bleeding. Today, I fell in gym with my friend cuz i ran on top of a floor mat, slipped and dragged her with me. I laughed at myself so hard that time. Now, My knee hurts so much that i can barely walk without limping and my right butt bone hurts. Im still laughing LOL

• avatarThug boy:) says:

I think anyone can be funny if the try ofcourse we have times when were not but hey atleast we try if not we would never be

6. avatarmisslmh11 says:

I like that this article points out to make fun at what people do instead who they are. I mean, it’s makes total sense but I just never thought to word it that way.