Your Complete Guide On How To Be Funny (Without Being Mean!)

how to be funny

Make sure your audience knows what you’re talking about! | Source

Poking fun at celebs is a relatively harmless way to break the ice–and chances are you won’t tick any of your pals off, because it’s slim chances that any of them knows a celeb personally. A good rule of thumb, though? Make sure it’s someone who garners instant name recognition (think the Kardashians or Justin Bieber), otherwise your humor may get lost on people if they can’t figure out who you’re talking about.

Similarly, garnering giggles from current events–whether it’s the new mystery meat in the cafeteria or Todd Akin being a blooming idiot–will only work if people know what you’re talking about. Sometimes you’ll have to give a back story before you can tell your actual joke!

Posted in: For Laughs
Tags: , , , ,

1. avatar Jasmine says:

Boring………………………….. im not going to MAKE FUN of myself srry….bro but its true dumbest article EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. avatar fhstjddrtdeva says:

The chicken crossed the road to get to the other side …………. heven. Cause it knew its future……… food meaty food

3. avatar faithygirl01 says:

i am a pritty funny kid one time at summer camp me my cozen and her chush were talking and simon aka my cozens chushsaid somthing really funny and i was well drinking root beer and well i spit all over his shirt we laghed about it for the rest of the week. lol!!!!!!

4. avatar sara says:

Uhmmmm, well I think the funniest thing about me is my clumsiness! I fall all the time while talking to my crush- because i’m so distracted ;D – And we will laugh about it for the rest of the week! It’s also hilarious when I’m trying to be cool around someone I just met and then miss a wall when I try to lean on it… It’s so funny and a total icebreaker.

5. avatar Mariana says:

i think im a pretty funny girl. I fell yesterday, laughed at myself, and then saw that my knee was bleeding. Today, I fell in gym with my friend cuz i ran on top of a floor mat, slipped and dragged her with me. I laughed at myself so hard that time. Now, My knee hurts so much that i can barely walk without limping and my right butt bone hurts. Im still laughing LOL

• avatar Thug boy:) says:

I think anyone can be funny if the try ofcourse we have times when were not but hey atleast we try if not we would never be

6. avatar misslmh11 says:

I like that this article points out to make fun at what people do instead who they are. I mean, it’s makes total sense but I just never thought to word it that way.