Girls With Acne

Don’t freak! | Source: ShutterStock

Dear Ethan,

Do guys care if girls have pimples or anything like that? Do they find it a turnoff?

I’m not going to try to convince you that guys like pimples. Just as you and your girlfriends may have swooned over Channing Tatum’s baby smooth skin at some point (or maybe it’s just me), most guys will appreciate a girl’s beautiful complexion. And as far as I know, there aren’t any acne fetish websites out there. This is the bad news.

The good news, however, is that we guys are just as susceptible to pimples as you ladies are (okay, good news for you, bad news for us…). In fact, throughout adolescence and puberty, guys tend to develop even more pimples than girls do. Blame it on the oils caused by raging male hormones. So as self-conscious as you may be about a breakout, just know that most dudes have been through the same thing. In fact, a guy who has wrestled with more persistent acne himself might even feel more comfortable with a lady who can personally relate to his own skin troubles.

Obviously the frequency and intensity of acne can vary greatly from person to person, and for some this issue might be more than just…well, skin deep. If your situation is more severe, you might be super self-conscious about your skin in general. Fortunately, there are plenty of products out there that help curb even more aggressive acne (hey, Proactiv worked for Katy Perry….). More importantly, always keep in mind that your attractiveness to the opposite sex depends way more upon confidence than anything else! Feeling good about yourself is more than half the battle.

So definitely don’t stress over the typical pimple or two before a big date. Any guy worth dating in the first place will totally understand — and any guy who’s already into you won’t even notice or care.

Good luck!
Ethan

Ethan Fixell is a writer and comedian from New York City best known as one half of comic “dating coach” duo Dave and Ethan. He is also the creator and editor of ActualConversation.com. For more on Ethan, visit EthanFixell.com…or call his mom, Robin.

Are you confused about a guy? Do you find yourself wondering, “What is he thinking?” Tell us everything in the comments! And if you have a question for Ethan, email him at askaguy@gurl.com!

Want to find out how to get rid of acne quickly?

Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter

Posted in: Ask A Guy, Love Advice
Tags: , , ,

1. Pingback: Beautiful Girl With Acne | Home

2. avatar yolanda Mlenzana says:

I have a lot of pimples and I don’t know what products to use..what should I do? I need help and there’s this guy I like so much but I don’t know what he thinks about me when he see’s my pimples

• avatar Rachel White says:

The clinique 3 step has worked wonders for me! For all skin types! Just take the test to see what kind of skin u have.

3. avatar Diana says:

I love my boyfriend he has acne all over hes face but I luv it he looks sexy freaky hot !

• avatar orangenarwhalgurl says:

Same here! I don’t care if my boyfriend has acne so why should he care if I have it? He will always be perfect to me regardless of skin problems. :)

4. avatar Emerald says:

I have acne on my forhead but im not self-conscious ( did I spell that right ) about it. I only get embarrased when I have a pimple on my chin, which happens occasionally but other than that I have no problem with my acne. The guys I hang around don’t seem to either.

5. avatar Taylor says:

Well there is this guy i like and he is my best guyfriend and well i talk 2 him all the time but i cant ask him out im 2 afriad should i ask him out or stay friends comment and help me please

6. avatar nicole says:

Okay, so this guy i like asked my friend if i liked him. Im not sure why he asked because i dont stare at him or act like a stalker or anything. Anyway, my friend told him that she didnt know. BUT a week later he asked her again and she decided to just tell him tht she thinks i do like him. BUT oddly enough, he somehow already knew tht i liked him. He doesnt talk to me or anything though…
    Any ideas on what this might mean ?

7. avatar Breanna says:

OK guys please comment back. I have this situation with a Guy who I haven’t known long but I’ve been flirting withfor like three weeks and he’s totally been flirting back but right when I thought he was gonna make a move like ask for my number or something… he spills he has a gf! But he still flirts with me. And I know its wrong of him but I still like him… Henderson, I flirt back. What should I do!!!!????!!!!

8. avatar tanya says:

Actually it matters but it doesnt keep guys from you.I have terrible acne really,but boys always ask me out

9. avatar Sarah says:

Why do celebrities do proactiv commericals? Like 90% of them barely even had it!

10. avatar Superbandgeek says:

My BF has slight acne and you know what, I think acne looks hot on him ;D

11. avatar Cori says:

Hey. I have a crush on this guy who,ironically, has the same name as me. But the thing is i can’t tell if he likes me. He looks at me everyday but never approaches me. He smiles at me. But we never talk. My friends think i should ask him out. What should i do?

• avatar Harriet says:

Dear Cori,
      I totally think that you should just go for it! Go beyond just smiling and actually talk to him! Ask if he wants to sit with you at lunch or maybe hang out after school. He’ll appreciate the move if he does like you, and if he doesn’t, talking to him and showing interest will put you on his mind. If he says no, it’s no biggie. You can decide whether he’s worth pursuing or if you’re ready to move on. Making the first move forces him to make the next decision… so you can just relax! Good luck, and have fun getting your fellow Cori to like you!

• avatar CheriPink says:

You definitely ask him out! Some guys like confident girls :D Instead of just literally asking him out, you should try to talk to him and know some of his interests, dislikes ,etc. Good luck!! :)

• avatar Amethyst says:

I have that same situation and don’t know what to do.But you should tell him how you feel