Now, how to pack all of that into your bag! Depending on whether you’re taking one bag or several smaller ones, follow this advice should work either way.
- Pack your shoes first. You don’t want the bottoms of them on top of your clean clothes, right? Your best bet is to pack them sole-to-sole so they’re square.
- Stuff your accessories into your shoes. It’s a good way to keep your earrings, necklaces, rings, and bracelets from spilling all over your bag and saves the space they’d take up elsewhere. Just be careful of anything that can tangle easily–you may want to loop those with rubber bands first to save yourself trouble later.
- Roll your jeans, tees, undies. This actually prevents them from wrinkling and saves you space in your bag.
- Wear your heaviest stuff. It saves you from having to figure out how to pack and stuff it into your suitcase!
- Leave room for souvenirs! A big part of how to pack is to remember that you’re probably going to do a little bit of shopping while you’re away. Make sure to leave space for those key chains and t-shirts for your bestie!
Do you have any tips on how to pack? What’s your must-have item when you pack for a trip? Tell us in the comments!