Ah, sexy times. Theoretically, it’s simple stuff: In, Out, Rub, Lick, Ooh, Aah, Done! But girl, there are a ton of things you can use to turn your bedroom break into something truly amazing. One of those things is lube!
Lube is liquid that is used to make your vagina more “wet” so that any in-and-out goes more . . . smoothly! Sounds good, right? Well, it is–but there are a few things you should know before you decide to try out your very own Sexy Slip N’ Slide. Here are the facts about lube:
* You can buy lube that’s made out of all kinds of things–petroleum, silicone, etc–but water-based lube is always the best. It’s less likely to irritate your delicate lady-bits and is totally safe to use with condoms.
* Petroleum-based lubes are a major no-no, since they can actually make the condom you’re using break. Unwanted pregnancy, anyone? Yeah. No. Didn’t think so.
* Lubes that contain glycerin (which is a sugar) can give you a yeast infection. Ick. Avoid them–even if they say they come in tasty flavors!
* Applying lube to your sexy parts can be a fun part of foreplay! Be creative–and always be safe.
* You can use lube on your guy (over the condom) and even on sex toys!
* Never use cooking oils, Vaseline, or any other random kitchen stuff as lube. You could damage your condom or end up with a nasty vaginal infection. So not worth it!
Have you ever used lube? Do you have any tips or advice for girls wanting to try it out? Tell us in the comments!