Do Girls Have Wet Dreams, Too?

girls wet dreams puberty in girls

What’s SHE dreaming about?! | Source: Shutterstock

Okay, so you’ve probably heard about dudes having “wet dreams” or “nocturnal emissions,” but just in case you don’t quite know what a wet dream is, it’s when someone goes to sleep and gets sexually aroused to the point of orgasm through erotic dreams.

Kind of hot, right? Well, it is, except for the wet spot left in the bed!

But since you almost never hear about girls having wet dreams, we thought we’d set the record straight: Wet dreams are totes equal opportunity! There are studies that prove that erotic dreams can make girls and women fully orgasm in their sleep.

If your mind is kind of blown by all this info, get ready for the real facts about having a wet dream:

* Puberty in girls isn’t THAT much different than puberty in guys. Sure, we have different parts, but we’re both getting all hormone crazy, and we’re both probably having wet dreams!

* When a guy has a wet dream, it’s way more obvious (more um, WET gets everywhere!) than when a girl has one–which could be why data says dudes splooge in their sleep more often.

* If a girl wakes up with extra vaginal secretions in her panties, she may have had a wet dream.

* Often, physical touching doesn’t even happen during wet dreams. When the girl or guy has an erotic-enough dream, just the sensation of the bed sheets down there can be enough to get things flowing.

* Wet dreams are NOTHING to feel bad about. They don’t mean you have a “dirty mind” or that you’re a bad person. They just mean you’re a normal girl with normal hormones.

Have you ever had a wet dream? Did you know girls can have wet dreams just like guys can? Let’s talk about it in the comments!

How Can You Tell If You’re Ready For Sex?!

Posted in: Health, Sex & Relationships
Tags: , , ,

1. avatarjoanne says:

My first was at age 11 and fully awake floating in the water at the lake. It was time to go home. I didn’t want to and my friends kept calling to me when it happened. I was afraid they would leave me. Then bam! Didn’t know what it was at the time. Fast forward to age 50. When I have a dream about catching up to people who are leaving, I have the most awesome orgasm. Not just one, but 4 to 6, one after another. I am now age 69 and continue to be blessed by this. A man never gave me one. I have been single since 1985 and have never masturbated. I just wish these dreams would be more frequent.

2. avatarSalena says:

I have never had one….and i’m 19 its not fair i’am totally inexperienced T-T Boooooo!!!

3. avatarLoveth says:

I saw all your post, i think you guys are having spiritual husband in your dreams

4. avatarsandra Needsmore says:

Im 14 Female,A bout once a week I wake up with my panties wet sometimes extremely but always wet.

• avatarsandra Needsmore says:

Relax it happens to everyone.If your mom ask why there wet,just explain,Sure it happen to her to.Dont make more out of it than it is .Tell your girlfriends youll probably get a big kick out of it.

5. avatarRumyaa says:

Hi…. I have had wet dreams all through my teens and still… when i started masturbating in my teen, my mom found out and she scared me so much that i will g=put on so much weight and look ugly. So i stopped doing it at all, so throught my teens i have been without masturbation… like go 2, 3 months eeasily without it. nights i get so wet cos of the pressure… so i have got the most intense, most messy wet dreams and orgasms…

6. avatarshona says:

I have them all the time and the dreams are things I would never do in real life such as group sex, girl on girl where we lick each other out, or I’ve dreamed I was a man having intense sex with a girl. I love them as they are just like a normal orgasm except for the penetration. Saying that though I do sometimes wake up and I’m fingering myself or rubbing my clit. At times they have been so strong my whole body shudders. I find it difficult to get an orgasm when having sex so I actually look forward to having several wet dreams every night!! Omg writing this is making my clit twinge…..

7. avatarshona says:

I’m 32 and married. Been having these for years sometimes every night and a couple of times a night! Sometimes they are so powerful my whole body shudders and they are exactly the same as normal orgasm except for the actual penetration.

8. avatarzeeandy says:

wow reading da passage really hapled me because resantly i’ve been having wet dreams nd ahh they are enjoyable. i was scared at first but now i know they are normal thanks

9. avatarveronica says:

I’ve them every night, but I do get orgasms during the day which is awkward but I can’t complain they are enjoyable in some way ahahha. Girls don’t be scared of them nor of touching your flesh there’s nothing bad about it:)

10. avatarMakaka says:

How do you get one? And does the bed actually get wet because I don’t want anyone noticing? And do you moan out loud or talk dirty at night? And do you ave to have sexual contact befor or ever in order to get one ?

11. avatarSoham says:

It all happens with age..dnt worry

12. avatarjohn says:

I had one when I wake up

13. avatarTeama says:

Umm reading this informative paragraph was really helpful because lately I’m consistently having wet dreams about my boyfriend.We’ve talked about a few time lately on how it should happen and what we want to do to each other. After having wet dreams which seems like every night. I become reallyoist down there. Sometimes in my dream when I feel it coming at the same time I always have to pee.Why is that?

14. avatarshabnum says:

My daughter is 12 has been crying and is depressed for a few months she was actually having these random orgasm during the day. She is upset and confused she has been put of going to high school.
    It can happen random without touching ir thinking. Im really upset with this.