Do Girls Have Wet Dreams, Too?

girls wet dreams puberty in girls

What’s SHE dreaming about?! | Source: Shutterstock

Okay, so you’ve probably heard about dudes having “wet dreams” or “nocturnal emissions,” but just in case you don’t quite know what a wet dream is, it’s when someone goes to sleep and gets sexually aroused to the point of orgasm through erotic dreams.

Kind of hot, right? Well, it is, except for the wet spot left in the bed!

But since you almost never hear about girls having wet dreams, we thought we’d set the record straight: Wet dreams are totes equal opportunity! There are studies that prove that erotic dreams can make girls and women fully orgasm in their sleep.

If your mind is kind of blown by all this info, get ready for the real facts about having a wet dream:

* Puberty in girls isn’t THAT much different than puberty in guys. Sure, we have different parts, but we’re both getting all hormone crazy, and we’re both probably having wet dreams!

* When a guy has a wet dream, it’s way more obvious (more um, WET gets everywhere!) than when a girl has one–which could be why data says dudes splooge in their sleep more often.

* If a girl wakes up with extra vaginal secretions in her panties, she may have had a wet dream.

* Often, physical touching doesn’t even happen during wet dreams. When the girl or guy has an erotic-enough dream, just the sensation of the bed sheets down there can be enough to get things flowing.

* Wet dreams are NOTHING to feel bad about. They don’t mean you have a “dirty mind” or that you’re a bad person. They just mean you’re a normal girl with normal hormones.

Have you ever had a wet dream? Did you know girls can have wet dreams just like guys can? Let’s talk about it in the comments!

How Can You Tell If You’re Ready For Sex?!

Posted in: Health, Sex & Relationships
Tags: , , ,

1. avatar Anon19 says:

First of all, I’m almost positive some of the comments here written by “women” were actually written by men- so, Guys, you’re not fooling anyone. Secondly, I’ve had orgasms in my sleep for years. They usually occur if I haven’t had sex for a few weeks. They are pretty great, and always wake me up with the pleasure. And since I’m a girl, there’s never a mess to clean up! Win, win!!

2. avatar PinaColada says:

I think I just had a wet dream about me making out with my pet ferret x.x I don’t know why or how my head would do that to me!

3. avatar Tobi says:

I didnt have one ur all losres

4. avatar kandice says:

Ive had a wet dream last night about my bf and while he played video games i perfomed oral and put me in the cow girl position and i was jumping on his cock til my tities started flowing everywhere
    I want to stop these dreams but cant

5. avatar Izzy says:

I had this weird dream about John Barrowman as ‘Captain Jack Harkness’ and I was giving oral in a treehouse… :T Dont know how that happened since John Barrowman’s GAY. :P

6. avatar Sophie says:

I dream that i had sex with a guy with a 11″ inch penis and my tight pussy was soaking wet when I woke up so I had to just play with myself as I was really horny and I was soaked by the time I was finished

7. avatar shauna says:

i had one about jennifer lawrence and that’s how i realised i was bi. fun times!!

8. avatar Hannah kee says:

I had a wet dream last night. If was awsome, i imagined adam blair in a thong and his pickle was wider than it was long. Amazeballs

9. avatar Samantha says:

I once had a wetdream about my health teacher who had been teaching us about wetdreams, it was quite the expierence and the next day at school I felt like he knew even though he oviously didn’t, at the time I felt terribly awkward but looking back it’s kinda funny.

10. avatar marshall lee says:

I had a wet dream about having sex with alice cooper he had like three missing teeth bt his penis was like 14 inch long i was deeply disturbed upon waking