Ian Somerhalder REALLY Wants To Be In Fifty Shades Of Grey!

ian somerhalder fifty shades of grey

Ian Somerhalder really wants to be in Fifty Shades of Grey! | Source: Shutterstock

Ever since the book Fifty Shades of Grey hit–and flew off of–shelves, there’s been a ton of speculation over a movie deal and who would star in the risque S&M romp. No actor has been more vocal about wanting the role of Christian Grey than Ian Somerhalder, and he’s pulling out all the stops to get the part!

For those who maybe live under a rock, Fifty Shades of Grey is a steamy novel by E.L. James, who wrote it based on some of her own Twilight fan fiction. In the book, a virginal college grad, Anastasia Steele, gets embroiled in a submissive sexual relationship with a billionaire named Christian Grey . . . Who happens to be really into BDSM (that is, bondage, dominance and submission, and sadism and masochism). Ow!

Universal Pictures and Focus Features snagged the rights to the film adaptation of Fifty Shades of Grey, and Ian Somerhalder has been pushing hard for the debonair, dominating male lead. He’s taken to Twitter to get attention of those involved with the film–there were rumors that Angelina Jolie was interested in directing it, but those haven’t been confirmed just yet. And now he has the seal of approval from writer Bret Easton Ellis–the same guy who wrote American Psycho and The Rules of Attraction (a movie that Ian starred in!). Bret’s wanted to write the movie version of Fifty Shades of Grey since the deal originally got made, and now he’s saying he wants Ian Somerhalder as Christian.

Ian tweeted, “@BretEastonEllis -Id so love to be ChristianGrey w/you&Angelina Jolie. Ive only waited 10 years to do a movie w/u.Im grown up now-no worries!”

At first, Bret said he thought Alex Pettyfer would be perfect for the part, but Ian Somerhalder’s fans may have finally convinced him that The Vampire Diaries star (and his piercing eyes, chiseled good looks, and fab build) is the one. “Rereading “Fifty Shades of Grey: it’s hard for me to think of Ian Somerhalder as Christian G. because I’ve known him personally for so long,” Bret tweeted. “I know Ian Somerhalder and how kinky he can be and yes, he’s probably Christian Grey in Fifty Shades of Grey, and he will go all-out for it.”

Ow ow! We’re not sure what or how Bret knows just how kinky Ian Somerhalder is (though, let’s be real, most of us would love to find out for ourselves), but we’re happy he wants him for the part. Ian Somerhalder may still face some stiff (ahem) competition, though–True Blood and Battleship star Alexander Skarsgard also expressed interest in playing Christian in the Fifty Shades of Grey movie.

As for who’s gonna take on the role of Anastasia? Pretty Little Liars starlets Ashley Benson and Lucy Hale have both come out and said they’d love to play Fifty Shades of Grey protagonist Ana, though we’re wondering how a certain Nina Dobrev would feel about that!

Have you read Fifty Shades of Grey? Do you think Ian Somerhalder is good as Christian? Who do you think would be the perfect Christian or Ana? Who do you think should be in the movie version of Fifty Shades of Grey? Tell us in the comments!

Have You Read Fifty Shades Of Grey?!

Don’t Forget To Follow Us On Twitter!

Posted in: Celebs & Hot News
Tags: ,

1. avatar Sarah says:

I think either Ian or Alexander could pull it off both of them have played very dominate characters. I’d love to see either god it would be good.

2. avatar Dizzy says:

iI TOTALLY AGREE WITH THIS POST –> IAN SOMERHALDER SHOULD BE THE ONE WHO PLAYS CHRISTIAN GREY,HE IS CHRISTIAN GREY.
    THERE IS NO ONE ELSE WHO CAN PULL IT OFF

3. avatar Dizzy says:

The books are really good and IAN SOMERHALDER SHOULD BE THE ONE WHO PLAYS CHRISTIAN GREY,HE IS CHRISTIAN GREY

4. avatar Marie says:

Ian Somerhalder is the only man that can play Christian Grey. I wont allow anything else!

5. avatar Joey says:

I’m absolutely agree that Ian should play the role of Christian Grey.Because I have seen ‘The Vampire Diaries’ and I’m totally obsessed with him!! He is so sexy, alluring…And the most attractive part,Ian’s eyes!!!Although I haven’t start reading the book ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ , I’ve already known what is it about. Btw, I’m not American but I am an Asian (Hong Kong) which is 15 yrs old..I’ll still support him even I’m not staying in the U.S.

6. avatar jennifer says:

Ian will make a great Christian! Watching him in Vampire Diaries, he is living a Rich life, extremely seductive with the ladies, and the girls cannot keep their eyes off him. He plays a very intelligent role showing sophistication and great strength! Moods swings, yes he has that too! He shifts from love and anger and confusion to lust…the hole roller coaster package! If you haven’t seen him perform on Vampire Diaries, YOUTUBE him on it! You won’t be disappointed! He plays hot sexy scenes that make you want to see so much more! His eyes are like ice, but you get lost in every look… Yeah, I’d like to see more of Ian Somerhalder… HE IS RIGHT FOR THIS!!!!

7. avatar tanya says:

Without a doubt Ian Sommerholder would be the perfect Christian Grey. He is Christian Grey. The perfect look, piercing eye, smirchy grin, perfect features, and boy can he act.

8. avatar PAYTON KANE says:

A COUPLE MORE THINGS THAT I FORGOT TO MENTION. HIS EYES ARE THE PERFECT BRIGHT BLUE AND ALLURING. IF YOU LOOK UP IAN SOMERHALDERS PHOTOS, YOU WILL SEE HE DEFINITELY HAS THE JUST F***** HAIR IN SOME OF THEM
    NOW THAT IS ANOTHER AWESOME QUALITY HE HAS. HE HAS THE PERFECT JUST F***** HAIR. NOW HOW CAN YOU GET ANY BETTER THAN THAT?

9. avatar BARBIE says:

I AGREE THAT IAN SHOULD GET THE PART AS CHRISTIAN. I’M A HUGE VAMPIRE DIARIES FAN AND I’M ALMOST DONE WITH 50 SHADES PART I AND I CANNOT BELIEVE THE SIMILIARITY BETWEEN CHRISTIAN GREY AND IAN. i ACTUALLY IMAGINE IANS FACE WHEN I READ ABOUT CHRISTIAN. IF IAN WOULD HAVE BEEN NAMED DIFFERENT IT WOULD HAVE BEEN CHRISTIAN IN MY MIND BECAUSE HES SO SEDUCTIVE AND WONT STOP UNTIL HE GETS HIS WAY. HE ALSO GIVES THIS LOOK WHICH REMINDS ME OF THE WAY CHRISTIAN LOOKS AT ANA IN 50 SHADES. NO OTHER COULD FIT THIS PART AS MUCH AS IAN. NO ONE! IAN IS THE TRUE CHRISTIAN GREY.

10. avatar CJ says:

CHRIS HEMSWORTH IS NOT A CHRISTIAN GREY AND NEVER COULD BE A CHRISTIAN GREY. NOT THAT HE IS UNATTRACTIVE. I AM NOT SAYING THAT AND I AM NOT DISSING HIM. I LOVED HIM IN THOR AND THAT PART WAS PERFECT FOR “HIM.” I AM SAYING HE DOESNT FIT THE PART AS CHRISTIAN GREY AT ALL BECAUSE HE IS NOT SEDUCTIVE AND PASSIONATE LIKE IAN. IAN IS A NATURAL SEDUCTIVE TYPE OF PERSON. I CAN TELL BY THE WAY HE PORTRAYS HIS CHARACTER DAMON ON “THE VAMPIRE DIARIES.” DONT TAKE THIS PERSONAL, BUT IT SOUNDS AS IF YOU DONT WATCH THE SHOW SO YOU WOULDNT KNOW IAN AS DAMON, THE SEDUCTIVE, ATTRACTIVE, EYE BALLING WHAT HE LIKES WITH HIS SPECIAL LOOK AND HIS EXTREME PASSION HE HAS FOR THE PERSON HE LOVES VAMPIRE. CHRISTIAN IS A GO GETTER. HE KNOWS WHAT HE WANTS AND HE GOES AFTER IT. THAT IS IAN PLAYING THE CHARACTER DAMON AND I BELIEVE THE ONLY REASON IAN CAN PLAY DAMON IS BECAUSE HE HAS A TRUE CHRISTIAN GREY TYPE OF PERSONALITY WHICH IS AWESOME. ANYONE WHO HASNT SEEN VAMPIRE DIARIES NEEDS TO JUST GIVE IT A CHANCE AND CHECK IT OUT TO KNOW DAMON FROM THE SHOW, THEN, YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING.

11. avatar DA JONES says:

IAN IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME ON VAMPIRE DIARIES. HES SEXUAL AND INTENSE AND NEEDS NO HELP WITH PLAYING THE PART AS CHRISTIAN GREY BECAUSE IN MY MIND “HE IS CHRISTIAN GREY.” I THINK IAN WOULD BE THE BEST CHOICE. YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE QUALITIES, PERSONALITY AND ACTIONS AS CHRISTIAN GREY DOES AND FROM THE WAY I AM SEEING IT, I AM ABSOLUTELY CONVINCED THAT IAN DOES. THERE IS NO DOUBT IN MY MIND ABOUT IT!

12. avatar Payton Kane says:

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE THAT IAN SHOULD PLAY CHRISTIAN GREY. HE HAS THE PASSION, THE LOOKS AND DEFINETLY THE EYES. HE ALREADY KNOWS HOW TO GIVE THAT LOOK CHRISTIAN GIVES ANA ALL OF THE TIME. HE CERTAINLY WOULD BE THE PERFECT FIT AS HE IS ALREADY SO PASSIONATE AND INTIMATE.

I VOTE IAN 100% AND IF HE DIDNT GET THE PART I WOULD BE EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED AND MAY NOT WATCH THE FILM AS I CANT THINK OF ANYONE ELSE HE COULD PLAY SUCH A ROLE. IAN ALREADY HAS IT ALL AND HE DOESNT NEED TO BE TRAINED FOR THE PART BECAUSE IF CHRISTIAN GREY WAS A REAL HUMAN BEING, IT WOULD BE IAN

IAN ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

13. avatar BamaFan says:

i would def like to see chris hemsworth as christian i think he would be PERFECT for it

14. avatar rawlzie says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS omg! He has the eyes and the swag and the everything ….YESSSSSSSSS

15. avatar Anna says:

Every review I’ve read of these books call it tedious and redundant… Even though I love Ian, I don’t think I would see it.

16. avatar BleedingSun says:

I haven’t read it, but I think I’d like to, partly to see what all the hype is about and partly because I am proudly one of the few that is into BDSM

17. avatar SIMONE says:

AHHHH I HOPE HE GETS IT I LOVE THAT BOOK ALMOST AS MUCH AS I LOVE HIM

18. avatar strawberrykitty says:

I love Ian!! If he’s in this, I want to be cast as Anastasia! I have to see this.