You probably know her as “Weird Ashley” on ABC’s The Middle, but Katlin Mastandrea has a few more tricks up her sleeve–other than wizardry and wrestling. Katlin is not only reprising her role on The Middle, but she’s also set to star along side Charlie Sheen and Selma Blair in FX’s new comedy series Anger Management. The young up-and-comer has been nominated for four Young Artist Awards(she totally won two). While having recurring roles on two television series, Katlin is also studying to be a director in college. Crazy.
Katlin geeks out with us on having never been on a date, time travel and Transformers.
1. What’s your worst date story?
I’ve never been on a date so I can’t say. I’ve been focused on work and school.
2. If you could have one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Three Cheese Monte Cristo.
3. Whose phone number do you wish you had?
The number to the Hoover Dam bunker that hides all the Transformers.
4. What’s something you’ve always wanted that you’ve never gotten?
My own T.A.R.D.I.S.
5. What’s your secret nickname?
Bait. I got it for being bait in a first person shooter video game I play with my brother. He uses me as the bait to lure the bad guys out.
6. What’s the guiltiest pleasure on your iPod?
7. Best advice you ever got?
Focus on being yourself and making work you’re proud of and the rest will come naturally.
8. Favorite bargain purchase?
A little painted owl figurine with Japanese sayings written on its tummy. All for $1.
9. Instant pick me up?
Two words: Goldfish crackers.
10. Describe the high school you in 3 words:
Determined, focused, driven.