Of course there are already feminist super heroes like Hillary Clinton out there kicking ass. And when people think of her, they wonder why we still even NEED feminism. Well, here’s the thing: We still have a lot of work to do in our own backyard – women only make up 17 percent of the U.S. Congress—which makes a ton of decisions on women’s rights. We need feminists to fill more of those seats and make a difference. You know what else feminists can do? They can help stop little girls from being lured into the huge and scary global sex industry; they can take a stand against honor killings of women around the world; and they can help girls in developing countries get an education and better their lives. If that’s not the stuff of super heroes, I don’t know what is.
5 Reasons Feminism Is Totally Awesome
Thursday, June 7, 2012
4) Achieve Super Hero Status
More on Gurl…
- Will Being Gay Get You Arrested And Expelled?
- Stop Deciding Who Is A “Tease” (Seriously, It’s As Bad As Slut AND Prude Shaming)
- Does What You’re Reading Determine If You’re DTF?
- Slut-Shaming Is Okay If She’s Actually A Slut, Right?
- Did I Overreact By Asking My Friend To Take Down Old Pictures Of Me From Her Facebook?