What Is Cunnilingus, And . . . Is It Fun?

Cunnilingus is a sexual act where a woman’s genital area is stimulated by her partner’s lips, mouth and tongue. “Cunnilingus” is derived from two Latin words; “cunnus” meaning vulva (hello lady parts!) and “lingua” which means tongue. The big word basically describes oral sex performed on a woman for the purpose of sexual pleasure.

Most people who engage in oral sex find it extremely pleasurable. However, like anything else that you do with your body, oral sex is optional. Slang terms for cunnilingus include: going down on, eating out, muff diving, tipping the velvet and and the very harsh sounding munching. The word cunnilingus sounds downright elegant compared to some of those terms, right?

When I first learned about oral sex I was like, “Wait. You want to put your mouth where?!” I was too nervous about my body to even entertain the idea. The whole thing seemed mega embarrassing! I couldn’t imagine a guy’s face so close to where I had my period and went to the bathroom.

As we’re getting to know our bodies, it’s natural to be concerned about how we might look, smell or taste to another person. After all, you can’t get any more intimate than having someone’s mouth between your legs. We might also feel nervous about “performing” oral sex on another person. We wonder, will I do it right? The good thing is that there is no right or wrong and it’s not a performance.

I got over my fear of receiving oral pleasure by taking a good look at what was going on “down there.” I used a handheld makeup mirror and really checked myself out. It’s important to know that there’s no normal way for our vulva, clitoris or vaginal lips or to look. It’s all beautiful.

When I finally tried oral sex it was a-mazing! The smells and fluids that I was nervous about were an erotic turn on to my partner. That’s when I knew that it was important to choose only partners that I felt safe enough with to be so intimate.

The second word in oral sex is sex because, well, it is sex. Sure, you can’t get pregnant but any exchange of bodily fluids still puts you at risk for sexually transmitted diseases. Using a dental dam can help protect you from disease when getting or giving cunnilingus.

Sex should always be a two-way street. You might want to rethink any partner who only wants to receive oral sex and not give it. Sex should be fun, and for so many of us (both the givers and the receivers!) cunnilingus is one of the most fun things out there

Have you ever wondered what is cunnilingus? Are you shy about oral sex? Tell me everything in the comments!

Now, Let’s Talk About Something Important . . . Jizz!

Posted in: Sex
Tags: , , ,

1. avatar Andy Brite says:

Just love oral sex and love to give oral pleasure to partner, but finding too many women who likes to receive oral pleasure. I just love the taste of that sweet necter……..

2. Pingback: » Tips For Cunnilingus – Oral Sex For The Ladies - Sexy Gemz Diary

3. avatar ab70 says:

Well, my bf is definitely not shy about it, but I found learn2lick book at his computer so I guess that he had to learn it somewhere XD

4. avatar lovegates says:

i love giving oral sex for my gf becos she get a fantastic orgasm every time i do.its awesome feeling for me to see her getting the orgasm.i tried this when she lost interest in having sex with me ,now she begs me to do.she is so much excited

5. avatar brooke says:

Yeah I wus so shy and self conscious at first, exactly for the reasons youve explained. I was really worried he might feel yuck with the smell and the taste. But my bf is a very mature guy and he knows what he is doing and how to put me at ease. When I go to his place ater school, he is so eager to go down on me and that makes me real horny.Ive slowly gotten over my inhibitions and it feels awesome. It makes me orgasm instantly. After he goes down on me I have tasted myself on his breath. It isnt bad. He tells me he loves doing it on me and yes its the best feeling.I think having an older bf makes such a difference.

• avatar Jenny says:

By older, do you mean out of high school? Kids need to stop having sex. You are not mature enough to handle anything that sex entails.
      The best sex comes from marriage when you care enough to spend the time know how to enjoy each other fully. You will never find that after school at your boyfriends parents house.

6. avatar HaileyMarie91 says:

Definitely not shy about oral sex. The chances of me getting off completely upon vaginal stimulation alone is almost nonexistent. I have got to have some kind of clitoral stimulation. And it’s funny, because there is truly nothing like oral from my fiancee; we even purchased a vibrator, and most of the time, I have to have him stop with that and go back to oral because the vibe isn’t satisfying enough.
    Different strokes for different folks, anyways.