I Have Hairy Legs And I Like It That Way

my leg hair

Doesn't look so bad, does it?

Razors. Wax. Depilatories. Electric needles. None of those things touch my legs, because honestly: I’m happy with my leg hair.

I first got the idea to stop shaving my legs in high school, when I was shocked to see a friend’s hairy legs sticking out from under her skirt. When I asked why she’d let her leg hair grow, she said something like, “I don’t see why I have to shave.” This seemed like a perfectly good answer, and so, out of my own curiosity, I decided to stop shaving immediately, after five years of doing so religiously.

Fast forward many years, and here I am, sitting around in shorts with my leg hair visible in all its glory. Once I grew out my leg hair and got used to the feel of it blowing in the breeze (got to admit, that was pretty weird at first), I came to the same conclusion as my friend: why do I need to shave my legs? Because commercials and magazines tell me I need to? Because it’s expected of me by my society? It has no impact on my health, intelligence, or, truthfully, my ability to get dates. (One rather conservative guy, upon learning my legs are au natural, asked me, snidely, if guys ever date me. Yes, idiot, they do. And I would NEVER date anyone who cared so much about leg hair that it would be a dealbreaker. Appreciate me for me, not for having hairless legs).

Can I touch it?” people ask me, upon seeing it. I guess having hairy legs makes me somehow exotic. I’m happy to let folks feel it, and they frequently seem startled that it’s soft. Yep. Soft leg hair. It’s not long; I just measured it at about 1-1.5 cm, and much like your arm hair or your eyelashes, it hits a certain length and stops growing. Don’t pay attention to that “if you shave it and let it grow back, it’s super dark and worse than ever,” because it’s not.

Some consider me lucky: my leg hair is pretty light-colored and doesn’t grow heavily; I’ll admit it’s possible I’d be more self-conscious if it was dark and/or thick. As it is, you can’t even tell from a few feet away that the hair is there, and maybe that’s one reason I’m comfortable not shaving. It’s nice to not worry about stubble, nicking myself, paying other people to rip the hair out of my follicles, or feeling like I can’t wear a skirt unless I take care of my legs first. It’s freeing, and I don’t even think about it any more.

To answer a question people ask all the time: yes, I do shave my armpits. I grew out that hair once, and I didn’t mind how it looked, but having hairy armpits made me even more in need of deodorant, and I drew the line at being stinky. So yes, smooth pits, although I’m also lazy about keeping them stubble-free.

What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without shaving? Have you ever thought about letting your leg hair be natural? Could you ever commit to having hairy legs? Tell me everything in the comments!

This Girl Wears Makeup To The Gym–Are You That Makeup Obsessed, Too?

Posted in: Body & Health
Tags: , , , , ,

1. avatarT says:

Hi! I don’t shave my legs either… but it’s mostly cause I’m too lazy…and even though I like the feel of my shaven legs, the day after it’s just stubble and ingrown hair and shit… oh well still too lazy!

2. avatarNyteling says:

I’m 17 and I live in a rather small town where apparently it’s customary for women to shave their legs. I hate it. I graduated last year and for the 5 years of highschool, I was bullied and ridiculed. This lasted 2 years before they realised I didn’t care. However, I did wax for important occasions (formal, debutantes etc) since my mother forbid me of using razors. I love going natural and it makes me feel good when I see stuff like this. It let’s me know I’m not the only one who loves their hair! <3

3. avatarDavid says:

I love a natural woman. Its sexy
    So Im behind you 100%

• avatarnatural hair lover says:

I recently asked my wife to grow out her hair everywhere on her body I love her leg hair her pussy hair for armpit hair we’ve also got into pegging and I’ve enjoyed that to both of these things are news to me but I really really grown fond of it but he recently when she gets mad at me she called me gay and says it out to be with a man that couldn be further from the truth why does she do this and what should I do about it I’ve enjoyed the natural state and don’t want to change it I know I’m not gay but it does hurt my feelings when she says there’s any advice

• avatarnatural hair lover says:

Stupid tablet speak to chat I love her armpit hair and we have got into pegging even my tablet is insulting me

4. avatarbeemack says:

I love the look and feel of womens unshaved legs. I don’t know why some women destroy the looks of their beautiful legs with tattoos.

5. avatarSome nigga says:

This has got to be one of the most disgusting posts I’ve ever seen shave your god damn legs!!

6. avatarFeeling sadly hairy girl says:

hi, im asain and i really have hairy legs and i like it and everything but some people like make fun of me by it. I dont wanna shave my legs but i dont want to make it all darker and everything! can anyone help?

7. avatarjose says:

I am happy about girls, who have found freedom in being natural.

Yes, hairy legs are not looking so bad.
    Actually, they look very nice and feel soft.

8. avatarBlake Bedford says:

Im 16 and i love girls that dont shave. I mean hair is a natural thing i dont understand why it has to be shaved. I actually find it more attractive for a girl to not shave at all not only because it looks hotter but because it shows confidence in themselves.

9. avatarTheo says:

My wife doesn’t shave her legs/armpits in the winter and I LOVE it. She is so hot, even after 23 years of marriage, she turns me on. I love it when she wear pantyhose with hairy legs. A mature and smoking hot women!!!!

• avatarmehboob butt says:

i also same to you. i love natural beauty. my feeling very hot when i see lady with hairy legs.

10. avatardoesnt matter says:

as a man, i think this is perfectly right.
    i do find it less attractive though (its not my fault, ive been brainwashed since age 0) but i wouldnt care a about it not one bit if i dated a girl with some hair on her legs (depends how much and if she shows it to everyone, keeping your legs covered so you dont disturb other people is one thing, but having a lot of hair and wearing mini skirts while riding a crowded bus is something else, generely i wouldnt care, and even if i did care, women shouldnt care about what i care about their legs!)
    also i think if i had a girlfriend, it would be reasonable for her to shave her legs just for my enjoyment, and if she new it was for me and not for the razor blades companies, i dont think she would have minded shaving her legs, i know i wouldnt mind shaving mine xD

11. avatarSalomeja says:

Hi! I’m raped how you get along with your nature. First, I’m from Europe and, maby, my english is a little imperfect. Sorry for that. Next, I feel unconfortable during shaving prosedure. That hurts me. So, I do it when there is neccesity such as going to swimpool or if I want to wear a skirt. However, I want to praise you. Yeach, that’s the reality. That’s how we, women, really look. So, that’s it:)

12. avatarStephen Williams says:

Body hair on women was a very accepted thing up until the 1920′s. Prior to that decade ALL American women did not shave anywhere on their body. Then the razor blade companies went on a campaign to maximize profits by spreading the lie that leg and underarm hair was “BAD” on women. Women began shaving those areas, but the pubic region remained untouched until the late 1990′s when that lie about body hair spread to the pubic region. This enabled corporations to rake in untold sums on razors, lasers and waxes to satisfy misplaced notions of vanity. Bottom line…the pubic region on both men and women needs to remain unshaven, it was NEVER addressed in the 1920′s as it was a ‘private” area out of public view. Some of the classiest women in history sported full pubic bushes and it is indeed a classic, iconic look on women. It is not “unhygienic”, “bad grooming” or “a 70′s thing”. Marilyn Monroe, Jackie Kennedy Onassis, Bettie Page and Elizabeth Taylor all had thick full bushes. Kate Middleton has a full bush and Prince William LOVES it. Leg and underarm hair were never shaven in Europe and it was as accepted as a natural part of a woman’s body. The key is every woman should have CHOICE and not be put down for what she chooses. If you like your legs unshaven, so be it, plenty of men share your like. I am male and I love body hair on women.