Before you grab another box of tissues (and some cover-up to hide that red nose!) check out these facts about seasonal allergies:
* One in five Americans suffer from symptoms of allergies or asthma
* Common symptoms include an itchy throat; dry, irritated eyes; sneezing, congestion, and a cough
* Some experts say using a Neti Pot or a saline nasal spray can help reduce the symptoms and keep allergies from causing a sinus infection.
* Drinking lots of water can help, too, as it flushes the irritants out of your body faster.
* Of course, over the counter medications help, but they can be tricky too. Benadryl will make you drowsy, so it’s not a good choice before class or work; while Claratin and many decongestants contain stimulants and will keep you up all night if you’re not careful.
* If your symptoms are really bad or last a long time, make an appointment to see an allergist. They can tell you exactly what’s irritating you and help you put a stop to it!
Now that you have all this allergy information, take care, feel better, and have a happy spring!
Do you have bad allergies? What happens when they strike? Do you have any tricks or tips to share about feeling better? let us know in the comments!