I Hate My Big Boobs! Can I Make Them Smaller?

Rock your curves just like Sofia Vergara does! | Source: ShutterStock

Hi Heather,

So I just read something on here about a girl who wished she could have bigger boobs. Well, this is the opposite. I can’t stand my boobs! I’m only 14 and they are gigantic! It’s really weird and awkward for me because I hear all these girls saying they want bigger boobs and I’m like NO you don’t! But they never listen!

I had heard something one time before, that you can stop breast growth with something like a food or something… is this true? They are still growing! Also, if that isn’t bad enough… 1. My parents are really big on the “not showing too much skin” and since I have big boobs, I can’t wear more than half of my wardrobe! I feel like a… sausage!! 2. I can’t run in a regular bra without having them jump around and I’m very active. I don’t want to wear a sports bra my whole life!

I feel awful! No amount of boys liking me will help either! Help?!

I’m going to tell you the same thing I told this girl who has the opposite problem: there’s no reason for you to hate your big boobs! I know right now you feel totally awkward about them and you don’t know how to deal – and that’s normal. But I promise one day you’ll grow into them and you’ll probably even learn to love them, as crazy as that might sound right now.

See how cute this looks?! | Source: ShutterStock

As much as you want to shrink your breasts, that isn’t going to be possible unless you have plastic surgery – contrary to what you read online, there is no magic food that will make them smaller. Having breast reduction surgery is a big deal, and isn’t something you should be considering at such a young age. If in a few years your boobs are really hurting your back or really getting in the way of things, then you could think about it. But since surgery changes your body forever, you should first try to learn to feel comfortable with yourself.

That being said, I know finding clothes that fit or sports bras that really work can be very difficult with larger breasts. But it’s not impossible! If you don’t want to show off too much of the girls, steer clear of low-cut shirts like V-necks. If you want to wear those, cute tank tops should become your new best friends. Layer them under pretty much anything – they’ll cover you up, and layering is totally chic.

As for the sports bra issue, you’re unfortunately going to have to invest in a good one in order to play sports and run around. But don’t freak out – every athlete should be wearing sports bras when they’re being active.

I know it’s hard to learn to accept your body, but try not to feel too uncomfortable about your boobs. Obsessing over them is only going to make you feel worse – feel lucky about what you have! There are a lot of girls who would love bigger breasts, so remember that the grass is always greener on the other side.

take care,
heather

What’s on your mind? Heather can help! Send her your question at heather@gurl.com

This girl learned to love her big boobs

Posted in: Body & Health, Body Image, Body Issues, Help Me Heather, Help&Advice, Sucky Emotions, Your Body, Your Life
Tags: , , , , , , ,

1. avatarKat Tsol says:

No one’s mentioned running. Don’t you think running, as in a good 5-7 miles several times a week, ie training for a 10k, helps to reduce breast size? Especially if you throw in a bunch of sprints?

I have struggled with large breasts all my life but every time I’ve gotten serious about cross country they’ve reduced in size.

2. avatarshareen says:

i am 26 and have extra large boobs and i am married since 7 years. i am a housewife and i have one child of 6 years and i face some very difficult trouble at home and my all life please tell me the solution.

3. avatarkimberly says:

I want my large breast gone. My back, neck, and shoulders are ruined thanks to them. I am ashamed of them. I am little everywhere except for my top. Cute shirts and big boobs are not in the same sentence. I can afford my bras, and the ones I got are very uncomfortable. I love to exercise, but my breast beat me to death. I want a reduction or I would be happy if they would completely remove them. I would be happy. I think they are horrible, and I don’t understand why women want them. I would happily give mine away.

4. avatarrakhi mallick says:

i have the same problem .what i do pls help me to make me happy.

5. avataromega says:

I have big boobs very big and i am only 14 please I am in gr9 and its disturbing I play hockey I am very good but I hate it when I run my boobs jump

• avatarYuuta says:

There’s this girl in youtube that gives you advice look up * how to get smaller boobs * in the videos section… Hope that helps!!! And btw I’m doing the same exercises she is doing and they are getting smaller!!! I lost like an inch in a day 0.0 i was really impressed

6. avatartamanna says:

my breast is so large…thats size is 38+ & i want my breast make small….so have any solution…

• avatarDarcy styles says:

Look at me iam just 12 and my boobs are REALLY BIG and always being bullied and the solution is excersise and wear dark colored t shirts

7. avatarno says:

i have a small waist and big boobs and i hate my boobs, they make me look bigger and i dont like showing them off and i have to wear a size bigger to hide them and even then you can still tell. its terrible. some of the clothes i want i cant have because theyd only look good on flat-chested girls

8. avatarkickmedic #2 says:

I hope you know previous Miley Cyrus and the new one, that’s what happen to people ignoring themselves, so when others try to make boobs bigger don’t try to get rid of the gift which you have….

9. avataralena says:

i hve big boops i hate them but my bf like them but still i wnt 2 make them small

10. avatarsana says:

hi my name is sana .mera breast size 34 hai.laken is ki sahe shape nahi hai ar loose bi bohut hai matlb soft hai.ar m chahte hun ki hard hojay .meray mangetar nay 2dafa is k sucking ki hai.plz ap log muj kuch mashwara day may bohut tension may hun.

11. avatarEugen says:

If you shrink your boobs you’re going to have to increase your IQ, and that’s painful.

12. avatarNorban says:

I am also having big boobs,even uptil now i can,t wear proper bra but my bf loves big boobs,he loves to play with them,so do,nt worry if u will hav bf,he will surely love it and u will hav goood sex,

• avatarLilian says:

Its not all about the sex . Your comment was unappropriate . Some people dont have the confidence to let someone feel on them . Personally i can see where the author is coming from .

13. avatarLilian says:

I feel your pain. I have large breasts (DD) but I’m very petite. I’m actually a size 0 or 1 in trousers/skirts. I’m 1.61 in height. And it just makes me look so not proportional. My sister is even larger than me, but she has wider hips and a smaller rib cage, and she’s 1.76, so it looks a lot better on her. Even she hates them and wishes they were smaller. It makes buying clothes (especially dresses) a real pain. Nothing fits right. Unfortunately the only thing that helps (aside from getting surgery, and I draw the line there for myself) is minimizers, wearing heels (it makes you more proportional) and knowing how to dress to hide it. Also losing weight if you can. When I was 10 kg lighter I was a C, which was much better. I’ve gain a lot of weight the last few years and now I’m trying to lose it again – not because I think I necessarily need to, but because I hope my boobs will get smaller again.
    The question is, at the end – do you hate the way it looks or the way it feels? If you hate the way it feels, you can try loosing weight or even the drastic way of surgery. If you hate the way it looks, then you can do a few things to minimize the damage. Maybe you’ll even grow to love them one day, who knows?