Being Single When Your Friends Aren’t

Funny Cartoon About Being Single

Look familiar? | Source: remember-neverlosehope.tumblr.com

Being single can suck–especially when your girls are all coupled up and busy on most Friday nights.

It’s not that you don’t love your besties anymore or anything. I mean, you still speak in inside jokes, share outfits, enjoy the same TV shows and hate the same reality stars. But when your fave sidekick is in love and you’re not, that bond can feel like it’s starting to weaken.

Yeah, you never noticed how odd it was to be the odd woman out until you were “it!”

Here’s how to deal when everyone’s facebook status is set to “Lovey Dovey;” except yours:

DO treat being single like a gift.
You won’t be single forever but sometimes it does feel like it, right? So what? Stop buying into some bogus idea that your life is incomplete if you’re not in a relationship.

You know who completes you? YOU do! This is the perfect time to finally learn guitar or rock out to that new boxing game. And you know what? All those interests and skills and activities are going to make you more attractive to the right person when they do come along!

Beyonce Loved Being Single

She ROCKED at being a single lady! | Source: facebook

DON’T lock yourself in your room.
We’ve all been there. When you’re the odd one out you can feel like the fifth wheel on a car, madly unnecessary. And worst of all, if your friends invite you to join them you wonder if you’re just a charity case.

Bump that! Life is meant to be lived. Get out and enjoy yourself.

DO be honest if you’re feeling ignored.
Until now, you spent every single waking moment together and neither language class nor Earth Science could tear your friendship asunder. Now, suddenly it’s like your BFF is practically shacked up with this dude. He’s the one who gets all of her funny phone calls, texts and witty FB messages. And when she does call you, it’s to talk about her relationship.

You miss your best friend! That’s natural. Let her know that you understand that things are different, but you still wanna hang like old times. She’ll appreciate the honesty as long as you don’t come off as too demanding.

DON’T bitch and whine about being single.
“Woe is me. I’m all alone. Wahhhhhhh.” Sound familiar? If you’re singing a daily sad song about how much it sucks to be you, guess what? Everyone will believe you and no one will want to be around you.

Do you want to spend time with a miserable whiner? Nope? Well no one else does either. You woke up this morning. You are gorgeous and special. It’s awesome to be you. Remember that. Here are some more tips on how to keep it together when you’re down.

Message to Girls on Being Single

True dat! | Source: 30secondstovenus.tumblr.com

DON’T try to sabotage your friends’ relationships.
Don’t be that girl. This requires no further explanation.

DO let friends know you’re open to meeting new people.
If you’re open to being fixed up, say so. If you just wanna make new friends, make that known too. If you’re tired of everyone throwing random dudes in your face when you are loving being single, speak up. Whatever the BFF problem, the name of the game is communication.

Appreciate the fact that your friends are happy and jump into your own fabulously single life with both feet.

Have you been single for a while, or are you newly single? Tell us in the comments!

Do You Need To Break Up With An Ex? Find Out!

Posted in: Friends & Family, Health, Sex & Relationships, Love Advice, Love&Sex, Relationships, Uncategorized, Your Life
Tags: , , , , ,

1. avatarRosie says:

I am 16 I know it is really young but most of my school life my friends have been in various relationships one after the other it didn’t really bother me at school because I was focused on my school work I didn’t notice how many of my friends now have bf’s. They always talk about how happy they are and how amazing it is having someone to hug or go to when sad. Although my friends have had 8/9 bf’s already I have always been single and I’m waiting for the right person. I used to love being single but now “i just want someone to love me back” Idk what to do??

2. avatarlola says:

i am 21, in 8 months im gonna be 22(omg!!) and never ever had a bf before…i always wanted one, but i knew i was to damn shy and immature…but now i am ready, but still quite shy, especially shy around being intimate with sb..gosh…maybe there will be needed long long time till i find a boy that would want me and,love me for who i am…..lol….i guess i am just to weird…tht makes me laugh,,but also makes me so so so sad :/ ..

3. avatarBonshay Fonye says:

I have never had a boyfriend and i am almost 23, my friends are already getting engaged leaving me out in the dirt while they are preparing for their new adult lives . Sometimes I wonder if there’s something wrong with me. But i just have to keep telling myself everything’s going to be alright but I don’t even know sometimes.

• avatarMelissa says:

Have you considered arranged marriage?.. im considering it.. never had boyfriend either. I’ve given up tbh and i have lost all my friends as they are all with someone now

4. avatarbrenda says:

I never had a boyfriend in my life before

5. avatarAshley says:

Hi! I have been single on and off for a very long time. And most days I am ok with that. But now it seems all my friends are on there way to being married and I am no where near that! I guess my issue is that being single never bothered me to much but now with friends on there way to the alter…I can’t help but wonder wtf!? And why do I have a problem with a status I have so loved in the past SINGLE!

6. avatarTaylah says:

I’ve been single for a while now, almost a year and I have enjoyed it.
    Before I was single, I had been in a relationship for 3 years so it was great to be single again, like a breath of fresh air…now it’s getting kind of boring.
    I’ve noticed that all of my friends, literally all of them, are taken and it’s an awful feeling. It’s not so much the fact that I don’t see them as often and when I do all they talk about is who they are seeing, but it’s more the fact that I can’t help but to wonder what is wrong with me? Am I not good enough? Pretty enough? Smart enough? I am constantly doubting myself.
    In the end though, seeing this has helped me, particularly the comments, because I realise there are others who are going through the same thing. :)

7. avatarMary says:

Well, I’ve never EVER had a boyfriend before. I see my friends getting in relationship! It never use to bother me, I use to love being single! But now I feel like there’s just something wrong with me. Like “Am I not pretty enough?” “Am I not skinny enough?”

8. avatarNancy says:

I’ve always loved being single and i still do I’ve never been interested in meeting someone special since today when i went out with two friends and guess what? they brought their boyfriends and i was right there in the right middle of all the action.. great no? and then i so some dudes watching me like there is something wrong there and the bar tender was laughing it was horrible i didn’t know what to do and i had to wait because i left my car in my friend house.. this was the first time i feel actually single and in need i hope no one have to experience what i went through tonight..