mardi gras 2012 boobs
Mardi Gras is one of the biggest parties of the year, but it also has one of the worst reputations. Believe it or not, at Mardi Gras 2012, boobs don’t have to be on display (at least not yours anyway!) Here are tips to throwing your own killer Mardi Gras party without a cameo in a Girls Gone Wild film!
1. Wear purple, gold, and green. Those are traditional Mardi Gras shades — which is awesome, because they look good on everyone! You might want to incorporate the tri-color theme into a costume or masquerade party. Not only are the masks adorable, but you and your pals may be a little less inhibited if their mugs are obscured (as in: you may have the guts to approach your crush!). Masks not your thing? Wigs, feather boas, or even just a color-coordinated fete can be just as fun.
2. Sweeten your day! “Mardi Gras” translates to “Fat Tuesday,” so celebrate accordingly and indulge in the season’s awesome desserts — like a king cake! Traditional Louisiana-style king cakes are reminiscent of giant cinnamon rolls (uh, we’re drooling already!), with purple, gold, and green sprinkles on the icing — but you can make whatever flavor you want. Aside of the coloring, the key feature of a king cake is a plastic baby inside. (We know it sounds creepy, but it’s actually pretty cool!) Whoever gets the slice with the baby usually has to buy or bake the next king’s cake or throw the next party, but you can have fun with this: whoever gets the baby can do a dare. Alternatively, you can make two cakes with two babies — one for the guys, one for the girls — and whoever gets each baby is the respective king and queen of Mardi Gras. Just make sure you don’t actually bake the plastic baby in the cake if you make your own — it’ll melt!
3. Whip up a Hurricane. Hurricanes are the customary cocktail for Mardi Gras, but you definitely don’t need booze for them. Simply combine orange juice, sour mix, passion fruit syrup, and grenadine. Add lime or orange slices for garnish and toast to your own awesomeness!
4. Get the right music going. Incorporate New Orleans jazz on your party playlist (we have an awesome guide here to make one) to get extra festive. Bonus points for anyone who can swing dance!
5. Bead it up! Feel free to give out beads without risking an indecent exposure arrest: designate keywords (it could be the host’s name or something more common, like “candy,” “move,” etc.). Whenever someone says one, they have to give a bead necklace to whoever they said it to. Whoever has the most beads at the end of the night can get a souvenir like a cheap trophy, or just the glory of taking all those beads home!
Do you love Mardi Gras? Have you ever found the baby in a King Cake? What’s your favorite thing about the holiday? Tell us everything in the comments!
mardi gras 2012 boobs