get a tattoo
Tattoos can be very cool–from thorny roses up your leg to a Disney Princess on your arm, they can show your personality or symbolize something really important to you.
That said, if you wonder if you should get a tattoo, there are a few facts you should know–besides the design you want, that is!
Here’s the real scoop on getting a tattoo:
* In most states, it’s illegal for girls and guys under 18 to get inked. In other states you can get a tattoo earlier, but only with your parents’ permission.
* If a tattoo artist says they’ll ink you and you’re underage, don’t do it. They’re probably not licensed, and they could end up botching your tattoo (yikes!) or using dirty equipment.
* Speaking of dirty equipment, make sure your artist removes all needles and tubes from a sterile sealed package before use. If they reuse these, you could get hepatitis B, hepatitis C, tetanus, or even HIV.
* It’s normal to bleed a little while getting tattooed, and the process hurts. I mean, you are having a needle puncture your skin over and over and over again!
* Your tattoo won’t look perfect right away. You have to keep it bandaged for a day, and then it’ll scab over. Don’t pick the scabs, or you could get an infection!
* A tattoo from a reputable shop (the only place you should go!) costs a lot. Even a tiny tattoo can cost $100. Think about it first!
Now that you know the facts, do you think you will get a tattoo, or do you already have ink? Tell us in the comments!
get a tattoo