From The Boards: Would You Date A Shorter Dude?

Dating A Shorter Man

Katie and Tom don't seem to care.

Why is it that guys can date shorter girls all the time and no one even raises an eyebrow, but when a tall chick dates a short dude, people notice? We’re not exactly sure. If you like someone, than their height, just like anything physical about their appearance, shouldn’t really matter.

This topic came up in the message boards, and it made us curious to see what more of you think about it. Would you ever date a guy who is shorter than you? Is that kind of height difference a big deal to you? Read what these girls had to say, and then fill us in on your thoughts.

Imgonnamakethos said:
I’m 6′, he’s 5′ 8″. I have never been uncomfortable with my height but I’ve also never liked someone shorter than me like I do him, he’s perfect and doesn’t pressure me into anything. He doesn’t mind the height difference, but I get really uncomfortable with it. I stand up next to him and then sit back down, it’s really embarrassing for me. One of his friends recently said, “So I have to ask, does she pick you up to kiss you?” It just really hurts. I’ve never been afraid of my height, and I love him to death and I can’t let just height get between us. What do you think?

Daniel Radcliffe is short. Would we date him? Absolutely.

hem said:
I would honestly have trouble dating a guy who was shorter than me – but that’s mostly just because I’m severely insecure and being larger than my boyfriend in any way would make me feel gross. BUT if you really like the guy, just ignore what other people are saying. mockery isn’t nice, people who are really your friends will be happy for you, not make fun of you.

2six11teea said:
I know what your going through because I’m 5’7 and my boyfriend is 5’5, but I’m self-conscious about my height, so it took a bit for me to get used to it. So just try to not let it bother you, if you really like him, you guys get along perfectly, and he doesn’t care, then there’s no reason to mess up a good thing. I’m definitely glad I got over it because he’s one of the best things to ever happen to me.

Here’s what we have to say: you should never stress over a height difference in your relationship. Who really cares if you’re a few inches taller than him?! Like these girls said, if he makes you happy, then you shouldn’t give his height a second thought.

It’s understandable to feel self-conscious about your height, but it is definitely something you need to learn to embrace and love about yourself. Maybe some people will have a rude comment or a ‘joke’ they think is funny, but just ignore those people. You should never let what others say affect your relationship.

What do you think? Would you date a guy who’s shorter than you? Do you ever make fun of girls who do? Tell us in the comments.

Is it ever okay to ask your boyfriend how many people he’s slept with?

Posted in: Discuss, Discuss, Health, Sex & Relationships, Hooking Up, Love&Sex, Relationships, Your Body
Tags: , , ,

1. avatarSkylar says:

I’m a girl, and in my opinion, height isn’t a big deal. I’m 13, and the guy I like is the same age and is 6 inches shorter than me. I don’t have a preference between short guys and tall guys. In my opinion, personality is much more important than height.

2. avatarHermione says:

I’m 5’8″ and I’m in a relationship with a guy who’s of 5’7″. The first time, I was literally startled, when he asked me out for a date. But, he was good to me and his presence made me feel I’m Special! He takes care of me and I feel secured, though our heights make a difference as per the Indian culture and traditions… In India, is it believed that a guy, taller than his spouse, would and could protect her and take care of her. Well, in my case, it seems absolutely false; and we are madly in love with each other. After all, it is my life and when I feel myself, being with him, it doesn’t matter me what others talk about our relation!

3. avatarjasmine says:

I’m 5’0 and I love tall guys. I never get attracted to short guys at all. I’m already short. Bending down to kiss a tiny guy would make me feel awkward.

• avatarSj says:

You would find it really hard to find a short guy you have to bend down to kiss.. I’m 5’5 and classed as a short bloke but it would be a job to find a guy shorter than 5’0 so please cut the superficiality

• avatararray528 says:

Jasmine – You’re an idiot…

4. avatarPatrick says:

Said to see the world is brain washed. Height? Really? A girl really likes the guy but won’t date him cause he’s shorter? Really?

5. avatarAnonymous says:

I’ll be married in 40days for his height still freaks me out. I don’t know how deal with at the same time I don’t want to lose him.

• avatarMichael says:

I have dated shorter and taller women, and I am 5’4. And I have encountered plenty of ridicule from women because of my height. Even female friends ridicule me or have issues with it; I’m not even dating them or hitting on the . From a short man perspective, I found that women are extremely superficial about the height thing. Now I respect you preference, but when it is something ridiculous like height, then you are crossing the line of superficiality. Even men don’t cross that line. And about the men being superficial about fat women, women can work hard for 3-10 months and lose the weight. I had a female friend with a glandular problem lose the weight .Where is the work out for 5’4 guys to grow taller…that’s right, our height is fixed, so ladies, do get over the height thing. Please don’t be superficial for height. Look for the man inside. ave dated a model and a slight overweight women , I looked for internal qualities. But please do not discriminate against shorter guys, we are after all…still men.

6. avatardommie05 says:

My ex (ahhhhmann) he was 5’3 to my 5’5. When It comes to people I don’t judge personally. I love all kinds as long as they don’t give me a reason not to. Nobody really liked us dating, but at the time I was so deep in love I was like screw them If we’re happy thats all that matters.I will say one thing though prince toad had a bit of an ego, alot of mouth, and constantly flirtatious with other females. Thats because of his short mans (napoleon) complex. were not together now even though he drove me nuts, he was morally a sweetheart.

• avatarClint Seeber says:

I am 5’3″ and would very much enjoy looking up at you and having you stoop down to hug and kiss me miss tall 5’5″ woman!

7. avatar1has2shop says:

I would :P there is this guy i REALLY like but he waaaaaaay shorter than me, i wud still go out with him :D

8. avatarLeilabeth says:

that would be a bit strange considering i’m 4’8 1/2″….

9. avatarKristen says:

:P My boyfriend is pretty short for his age, but honestly I think it’s cute. He’s an inch or two taller than me, but that’s not really sayig much. If I wear shoes I’m taller than him, but him being short fits him. :P It’s part of his charm. lol And it’s what’s on the inside that counts. ^.^ It’s what’s on the inside that makes me love him.

10. avatarTFrancis says:

I don’t think I would date a shortEr guy, I have had sex with more than one guy that was shorter than me but I would never date them. I am really tall, I’m 5’8 and I really liked a guy that was shorter than me but I would not date him because he was shorter than me, its too different for me. But my roomie (roommate) has a significantly shorter boyfriend and they been together for 2 years and she doesn’t find it uncomfortable at all.

11. avatarGrace says:

My boyfriend is 5″4 and I’m 5″6 all of the other guys get jealous because I picked my boy and not them. I love him; he is sooo fine and has the abs and chest of a god lol. We are perfect for each other, we both play soccer and rock climb. He’s my best friend. Height difference doesn’t make a difference when you are laying down. I was worried at first because I thought he may be short in the pants also but that is definitely not the case. So girls if you think a short guy is attractive by all means go for it because I LOVE IT!!!!

12. avatarLilly says:

Yes, My boyfriend is shorter than my by an inch (I’m 5’7″ and he’s 5’6″). I don’t mind it at all.

13. avatarLila says:

My BFFS boyf is shorter than her and i make jokes about it. Is that rude of me

14. avatarHoonvy says:

My boyfriend and I are both super tiny (like 4′ 8″ tiny) and I’m a smudge taller than him. It doesn’t bother me most of the time, but I’ll never be able to do that classic fairy tale kiss where I go up on my toes or where he picks me up.

15. avatarSatin says:

I totaly would becuase guess what im short im 13 in the 7th grade and im only 4’8 and sometimes i take it really offensive noone likes me because im too short well oh well deal wit it but im pretty always will be and dont care if none wants to date me but i really would love that just for that reason