Testing 1-2-3: I Used To Sweat Too Much, Then I Found This!

sweat too much

She seriously could have used clinical strength deodorant!

I shower every day, and generally have good hygiene and everything, but over the years I’ve learned that I’m one of those girls who sweats too much to rely on your everyday deodorant.

I’ve tried every brand under the sun, but nothing worked well enough. By the end of the day almost every day, I’d know that I was starting to smell slightly like a goat and try to not let anyone get too close to me.

All of that changed when I decided to try one of those clinical strength deodorants. There are a few to choose from now without a prescription, but I’m a sucker for cute names so I went with the Secret Clinical Strength Ooh-La-La-Lavendar. It was about double the price that I was used to paying for a stick of deodorant (roughly $10 instead of $5), but I was desperate and figured if it didn’t work, it wasn’t that much money down the tubes.

My best discovery yet.

The first time I put it on, I noticed that it left more of a white residue under my arms than normal deodorant does, so I just let it sink into my skin for a few minutes and then blotted the rest of it with a tissue so there weren’t white globs stuck in my pits all day. I loved the smell of it, seriously, “ooh la la!,” but what I loved even more was that by the end of the day, I still smelled totally lovely. No more goat smell for me!

I’ve been using the clinical strength deodorant pretty religiously for a few months now and won’t be turning back anytime soon. Yeah, it’s more expensive altogether, but I don’t think an extra $5 a month is a lot to pay for the smell of sweet freshness all day long.

What kind of deodorant do you use? Does it work? Tell us in the comments!

Now, read about stick on nail designs–and whether or not they work!

Posted in: News & Reviews, Reviews
Tags: , , ,

1. avatarJackie says:

I tried Secret, but it just didn’t cut it for me. I use Degree Clinical Strength–it works better and it doesn’t irritate my armpits like Secret did.

2. avatarMitsuki says:

I’m male but my deodorant crystal says unisex, so I don’t mind recommending it. I’ve never managed to get anybody else to try it though, so it’s a sample of one ;) I don’t remember the science behind it, but it was something along the lines of not blocking up your pores.

It can break quite easily so I would buy the smallest one, say a travel size. It’s unscented, but I found I went from a smelly wreck to…. well a much less smelly human being.

3. avatarAshlee says:

omg i tried this too but its not working as well with me. i had the same problem. i mean it helped a little but its not completely gone. it doesn’t smell at all i just am worried about the sweating part. im tired of not being able to wear a cute colored shirt instead of black and navy blue or a sweat shirt all of the time. if you have any help for me plz let me know. thanks(:

4. avatarDance4ever99 says:

im gonna try that

5. avatarKris says:

I use to use this same deodorant and it worked very well for me. But i started reading about all the chemicals and how it leads to cancer, so i switched to a brand that it all organic. The deodorant is only sold online, it’s not too pricey, but it works wonders and the jar last for months. You girls should really look into it. The brand is Face Naturals and everything sold on the website is organic, which is better for us because who needs all those sulfates and chemicals?. I hope this helped.

6. avatarAmber says:

I use the exact same deodorant! I absolutely love it. I’ve been using the prescription strength kind for a while now and I will not go back. I no longer have that little worry in the back of my head about how much I’m sweating all day long and I always smell good. Yay!

• avatarRaul says:

Hi Amanda,Here is something you sholud know about men. Talk is cheap. A man can swear up and down and verbally say what you want to hear but if his actions aren’t backing it up it’s decision time.Now you can wait around hoping that one day he will change or things will get better, but the one thing I have learned is that unless a person really wants to change and actually does something to change, they don’t. (trust me, this was a lesson I learned the hard way)If he’s a dog and he barks there’s a 99.999999% chance that two days, 2 months , 2 years or 2 decades form now he’s still gonna be a dog. Instead of waiting around and hoping he will change (or worse, blaming yourself for his behavior) wouldn’t it simply be better to go and find the guy whose actions back up his words? I can understand the rationale for hoping things will change , but the reality is it’s not going to.You are absolutely correct you are not responsible for his behavior/actions and if you let him use you as his scratching post it’s not his fault. Simply decide if this type of companion works for you. if not it’s time for him to find a new home. You deserve a pet that is going to love you and make you happy. Not one who leads you to emotional unravel!

7. avatarJana says:

I had this problem. I used to have sweat like literally DRIPPING down my armpits. It was so uncomfortable. but then I found Certain Dri… I know the commericals are corny but it’s really cheap and it works great to stop the sweat. I haven’t had a sweat stain in 2 years now :D

8. avatarCindy says:

i used that kind of deodorant before. but still sweats the same. plus here she says that the Secret deodorant helped her with the sweat’s SMELL, not with the sweat. so the title is kinda wrong. but,if you guys find a good brand because you have the same kind of problem,sweating too much, CALL ME!! tell me,because i can be all day without doing anything,and still sweats like if a just runned a mile or two!! >.<

9. avatarErica says: