From The Boards: Do Girls Really Get Attached To The Person They Lose Their Virginity To?

Attached After Sex

Losing your virginity doesn't always mean falling in love.

At some point in your life, you’ve probably heard someone say that girls always get emotionally attached after sex. We’re guessing it was something along the lines of the fact that women can’t have sex without falling in love, becoming attached and obsessive, or getting hurt. It can seem kind of crazy, and not surprisingly, a lot of girls question it.

Putting aside the facts for a minute, what is your personal opinion on this statement? Do you think that girls always get emotionally attached to the guys they have sex with? Or do you think there are plenty of exceptions? Read what these girls had to say in the message boards, and then check out what we have to say – then let us know what you think.

PrincessCheyenne said:
So I’ve heard that after you lose your virginity to a guy, there is a hormone in the female brain that is released that makes them more attached and want the guy more. Could anyone help me with this? Do you know if it’s true or where I could read more about it at? It would be really helpful!

shardasiah_haugabrook replied and said:
I don’t know if there’s a hormone to make you attached to the person you’ve lost your virginity to, but I will tell you that you will view the person you’ve slept with for the first time completely different. I’m guessing that if you want to give your virginity up to someone, that person is special to you. You may already be emotionally attached to that person, but not in a way that you will be once you have sex with them. Sex is a stress reliever, a way of making up with each other, and a way to unite with each other and feel as one. It will seem as though your lonely days are over. You will definitely feel closer to the person.

Caleb and Hanna definitely did seem more attached after they did the deed.

hero_of_the_day replied and said:
I don’t think it’s true. Personally, if I have sex with someone, I do get more attached to them. But it’s an emotional thing, nothing to do with chemicals or whatever, because I don’t orgasm during sex. It depends on the individual. Many girls do get attached after sex, but not all of them and I don’t think there’s any science behind it… us girls are usually more affectionate like that, that’s all.

Okay, so here’s the truth: yes, there is a “bonding” hormone that gets released into your brain during sexual intercourse. It’s called oxytocin, and while it will make most women feel closer to their partner, it doesn’t have the same effect on everyone.

Feeling emotionally attached to the guy you lost your virginity to, or any guy you sleep with, is totally normal. But just because it’s normal and happens a lot doesn’t mean it happens to every girl. Contrary to popular belief, there are girls out there who can have sex without feeling emotions. When it comes down to it, it depends on how your body reacts to sex, and there’s really no right or wrong.

Did you feel emotionally attached to the person you lost it to? Do you think all girls do in some way? Tell us in the comments.

Should you dump a dude who’s still into his ex?

Posted in: Discuss, Discuss, Health, Sex & Relationships, Hooking Up, Love&Sex, Relationships, Sex, Your Body
Tags: , , , , , , , ,

1. avatarBeth says:

Ever since losing my virginity there hasn’t been a day I haven’t thought about him. He walked away as soon as he got what he wanted. My advice is don’t give anyone your virginity until you’re certain they won’t walk away from you and you won’t regret it. It’s been months and there’s not a day that goes by that i don’t think about him.

2. avatarkelleigh says:

I am reading up on this for advice is it possible to make the guy you lost it to fall for you I mean after all I did give it up to him and this was yesterday and I am worried that he will not ever want a relationship just sex I am hoping he will after a period of time. I think he’s confused in all honesty but he’s in love with my best friend so he says. but then slept with me but my best friend is with his best friend and his best friend knows if anyone can help me id really appreciate it I am in a bind thanks

3. avatarAnonymous says:

I lost my virginity about a year ago and me and the guy were extremely close and I felt comfortable allowing him to take my virginity and after it happened he pretty much walked out of my life and we’ve barely talked since, he doesn’t even feel like he’s done any wrong. Since then it’s been so hard even trying to date because I don’t trust anyone and I have never talked to anyone about it.

4. avatarMary-Jane says:

His name is Freedom. He prefers Freddy but he’ll always be my Freedom. He gave me freedom, love, tenderness and sweet sex. I’ll never forget Freedom. He’s married to someone else now, but he’s still mine cause I took his virginity and he took mine. And he was sooooooooooooo sweet and gentle! I could sleep with anyday. My Freedom.

5. avatarAmber says:

On my first time I got really attached to the guy that took my virgintiy away