25 Things We Miss From The ’90s

90's

I need this shirt…

Before the days of super smart phones, Facebook, and Justin Bieber; there were Nintendo 64s, Tamagotchis, and The Backstreet Boys— three of the most popular things in the ’90s. The toys and gadgets might have been more simple, and the TV shows and movies might not have been 3D, but one thing’s for sure: the ’90s rocked.

If I could list all of the things I miss about the ’90s, well… this would be a very, very long post. While some things have happily returned (reruns of Boy Meets World, Full House and Saved By The Bell, along with the ’90s Nickelodeon lineup), a lot of things seem to be gone for good. What we wouldn’t give to hear a brand new N*SYNC song…

We might not be able to get these things back, but we definitely can spend a lot of time reminiscing on how much we miss them. Check out the 25 most-missed things from the ’90s:

AOL IM: Don’t act like you don’t miss screen names. (Mine was xxprncsscutiexx. Don’t judge.)

[source]

Beanie Babies: These little guys were all I wanted for birthday presents!

[source]

The Berenstain Bears: One of the best kid’s books ever, no question.

[source]

Old School Britney Spears: Remember when Brit was “innocent”?

[source]

Carmen Sandiego: Everyone played this game at least once. And the show? Awesome.

[source]

Giant Cell Phones: They were big… but at least they didn’t get lost in your bag!

[source]

’90s Disney Shows: So much better than Hannah Montana.

[source]

Stick-On Earrings: As in, literally stickers. Keeping it classy.

[source]

Fruit Stripe Gum: Tattoos included. WHY IS THIS NOT SOLD ANYMORE?!

[source]

Furby: They had their own language . . . and were really kind of freaky.

[source]

Game Boys: They might not be as hi-tec as an iPad, but who cares? These things were awesome.

[source]

Goosebumps: I’ll admit it – these books gave me nightmares.

[source]

Anything to do with Titanic: In Legos? Pure genius.

[source]

Lisa Frank: These too-cute designs were all over my notebooks, my lockers, my folders…

[source]

Old School My Little Pony: The new show is cute and all, but they were cuter then!

[source]

Minesweeper: Who else remembers playing this for hours on end?!

[source]

Mix Tape Cassettes: Remember taping all your fave songs off the radio (before Napster, that is!)

[source]

Old School MK and Ashley: They made me wish I was a twin.

[source]

Pogs: They had no purpose and I freaking loved them.

[source]

Pokemon: Way too many hours were spent trading these and praying to get a rare card…

[source]

Polly Pocket: A tiny little world for a tiny little doll? These never stopped being fun.

[source]

Skip It: Only one of the best outdoor toys ever.

[source]

Sky Dancers: So, they didn’t do much, but they were soooo pretty

[source]

Tamagotchi: Don’t act like you didn’t wake up in the middle of the night to feed this little guy.

[source]

Old School Will Smith: We love Will now, but his Fresh Prince and “Miami” days were definitely his best look.

[source]

What did I miss? What do you miss the most out of this list? Let us know in the comments.

Posted in: Geek Gurl, In the News, Your Life
Tags: , , ,

1. avatarIce says:

Here in Arizona, we still sell Stripe Zebra gum things

2. avatarScott says:

Lizzie McGuire, That’s So Raven, The Proud Family, and Even Stevens are NOT 90s, they’re 2000s.

Lizzie McGuire premiered on January 12, 2001.
    That’s So Raven premiered on January 17, 2003.
    The Proud Family premiered on September 15, 2001.
    Even Stevens premiered on June 17, 2000.

How can any of the shows above be 90s shows if they premiered in the 2000s? And don’t answer with the “90s kids watched these shows” bull crap, because 2000s kids watched these shows.

Also, even Hannah Montana is better than Shake It Up and A.N.T. Farm.

3. avatarScott says:

Lizzie McGuire premiered on January 12, 2001.
    That’s So Raven premiered on January 17, 2003.
    The Proud Family premiered on September 15, 2001.
    Even Stevens premiered on June 17, 2000.

4. avatarBrooklyn says:

I may have been born just as the 90′s was ending, but I still remember like, all of this.
    I am so happy that I am a part of the last generation born in the 19′s. I mean, seriously.
    I’m fourteen, but growing up, this stuff was still out and about. The 90s didn’t really end until it reached 2005, I’m pretty sure. That’s when Lizzie got too old, and raven stopped her visions and started singing, that’s when Shia decided to seriously get famous, and Mary-Kate and Ashley stopped being the center of attention.

I loved furbies, even if they did scare me. I loved Tomogatchis (I can’t spell, forgive me!) even if I always forgot to feed mine. I loved Pokemon, and 90s tv shows. I had every bearinstine bear book known to man.

I am always showing my nieces shows from the 90s, teaching them the phrases I knew from what I got out ofit, showing them the fashions that were still alive, etc. I refuse to let the 90s die off completely :D

5. avatarTheRasek says:

I really remember the old “Fox Kids Network” when it was not a channel but a space in saturdays morning, with “The Tick”, “Eak the Kat” and “The Attack of the Killer Tomatoes” That Was good times, really good times… someone remember??

6. Pingback: 25 Things We Miss From The ’90s | Andrew Gomes

7. Pingback: Make way for the future of cooking—popcorn nachos | The Velvet Farmer

8. avatarAmy Pond says:

Old School Cartoon Network. Im takin’ Ed Edd n Eddy, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Dexter’s Laboratory, Johnny Bravo,Boy Meets World, *sigh* i grew up with that stuff.
    AND Disney Channel Original Movies. when they were good. :)

• avatarKeisha Oniel says:

A-a-angry Beavers! I Are Baboon, Kenan & Kel, Sister Sister, Ren & Stimpy, Rocko’s Modern Life, Hey Arnold! Biker Mars From Mars, Captain Planet (..he’s a hero, gonna bring pollution down to zero…) Care Bears, Third Rock from the Sun, Allen Strange, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Nickelodeon and Cable & Wireless….phew…good times :)

9. avatarJennifer says:

You didn’t mention Treasure Trolls! I had what seemed like a million of those! They were relatively cheap, so they were easy to collect.

10. avatarJoshua says:

Pogs had no purpose? Shit nigga we were gettin rich at school takin all the pogs n hot lunch money with our slammers!!

11. avatarIceol says:

Miss Disney’s “One Saturday Morning that would come on ABC every Saturday morning. Pepper Ann, Disney’s House of Mouse, Nick Arcade and The Wild Thornberrys. AOL’s Homepage, scrunchies, Spice Girls album.