Remember when you thought babies really did come from a giant white stork? Sigh. The innocence. Then, one day, someone told you where babies really did come from and what sex really meant, and you’ve never looked at a stork the same way since. That first time you learned might be a funny story to tell now (or just an uncomfortable one), but at the moment your little mind was probably pretty blown. We want to know — how did you first learn about sex?
Fill out the survey and tell us your experience with learning the adult stuff. Just copy and paste the survey into the comments (you need to log in) and tell us.
1. How old were you when you first learned about sex?
2. Who told you?
3. Did you feel really uncomfortable having the conversation, or were you fine with it?
4. Were you totally disgusted, or just a little curious?
5. What was the funniest part about the conversation (did you cry, did you freak out, etc.)?
6. Did you find out a lot of information at first, or just the basics?
7. Did (or do) you learn about sex in school?
8. Before you knew the truth, where did you think babies came from (if you thought about it at all)?
9. Had you ever heard of the word sex before you learned about it?
10. When you learned about sex, were you also taught about oral sex?
11. If not, who taught you about oral sex?
12. How long did it take you to really understand what sex was?
13. When you first hear about it, did you swear to yourself you would never do it?
14. Did you immediately share the information with all of your friends?
15. Have you ever had to teach someone about sex for the first time?
16. Do you wish you found out in a different way than you did?
17. Do you remember the first time you saw people having sex in a movie?
18. Growing up, were your parents very open about sexual things, or were they more conservative?
19. Do you feel like you were really misinformed about sex when you were younger?
20. Are you dreading having the conversation with your own kid one day?
Take more fun gURL surveys right here.