Here’s the truth: getting your period isn’t fun. As gURLs, we all know this. It’s messy, it’s annoying and it usually ends up coming at the worst time possible. But your period is even more frustrating when it feels like there’s something weird going on down there. So do you ever experience irregularities during that time of the month? Take this survey and let us know how normal, or abnormal, your period is, and maybe you’ll even find another gURL who’s having the same issue as you. Just copy and paste these questions into the comments and get started.
1. When was the last time you had your period?
2. How old were you when you got your first period?
3. Did you get your first period before or after most of your friends?
4. Does your period come on or around the same time every month?
5. Have you ever had to go to the gynecologist because something weird was happening with your period?
6. Have you ever missed your period for more than two months consecutively?
7. Do you ever experience spotting in between periods?
8. Do you take birth control pills to regulate your period?
9. How long, in days, does your period typically last?
10. Is your flow really heavy, really light, or in between?
11. What color is the blood? (Ed’s note: Sorry for being graphic)
12. Do you feel like your flow smells different than it’s supposed to?
13. How often do you have to change your pad/tampon?
14. Have you ever had a problem using a tampon? What was it?
15. How many tampons/pads do you go through every month?
16. What is the weirdest story you have about your period?
17. Describe your PMS symptoms.
18. Do you get cramps so badly you have to miss work or school?
19. Do you get really stressed out about your period?
20. Have you ever thought you were pregnant?