When we heard about the new MTV movie (dis)connected, which is about how growing up in the digital age can complicate a teen’s life, it made us think: Where would we be without the Internet? Would teens be different if they weren’t using Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Tumblr and YouTube? Fill out this survey about your favorite technology and think about it: What would you do if none of this stuff existed? Copy and paste the survey and leave your answers in the comments.
1. How old were you when you got your first computer?
2. Did you go on the computer all the time when you were younger?
3. Do you have a Myspace, Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr? Which?
4. What’s your favorite social media site?
6. How many times do you visit your favorite site every day?
7. How long have you been on Facebook?
8. How many times a day do you check your Facebook account?
9. Have you ever met anyone on a social media or online dating site?
10. Have you ever had only an online relationship with someone you’ve never met in person?
11. Did you ever have cyber sex? Would you?
12. Has anyone ever spread rumors about you online? Have you ever spread rumors about someone else online?
13. Have you ever gotten into a fight with someone over something that happened on a social media site?
14. What’s the longest you’ve gone without going online?
15. Do you feel like you have to go online every day?
16. When did you get your first cell phone?
17. How many different cell phones have you had since then?
18. What kind of cell phone do you have now?
19. Approximately how many texts do you send a day?
20. Do you always carry your cell on you?
21. What’s the longest you’ve gone without having your cell phone with you?
22. Do text people more than you call them?
23. Have you ever gotten into a fight with someone because someone misunderstand a text message?
24. What would you do if you could never use a cell phone again?
25. What do you wish you could change about technology?
Take more fun gURL surveys right here.